"In His Name, the Gentiles will trust" - what will "Evolutionist Gentiles" trust in Him?

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Maybe there is a way to be in denial, that Jesus helps.

Sort of like a cop that carries bandages, for criminals he injures while arresting them?

The denial would not be wrong, it would just be less of a distraction, than a distraction needs to be??

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My thinking has on this has developed a little more, since I first wrote.

My thinking now is that Jesus will accept those that remove some of the more untenable aspects of 'Evolution'?

Like if people want to believe that they came from monkeys, that's ok, but Jesus isn't going to progress the conversation, until they get rid of that idea.

It's just incompatible with faith, to say you don't need to honour your parents.

Jesus isn't condemning it (faithlessness), but neither is He casting His pearls before swine?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My understanding of Evolution, is one that comes and goes: sometimes I feel like I understand "Evolution", other times I don't (understand).

It feels like a strange journey around a staircase I haven't seen before - and the sign says "just take one more step".

I would rather know, what becomes of someone who believes Evolution less and less, over time - than more (at all)?

Can you have an Evolution and not be an Evolutionist? What are the consequences?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Maybe what you get from Creation, is staging - the idea that there are a number of ways (stages) to build up to the peak of a particular Creation.

If Creation happens in stages, it is possible to discern one selection pressure from another - because one selection pressure will provoke a certain stage, and another will not.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I hit upon the idea, that "Evolution" is something you can do without mutation, if you trust in Jesus.

Like Jesus is the way to developing a perfect "Evolution", because all his benign tissue was destroyed at the Resurrection.

If Jesus is in us, His perfection is "in" us.

(I'm not sure what you think of that).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
This continues to be a sticking point, for me.

I don't understand what 'coming from apes' does for a "man"? (like that thread "why does anyone want to put evolution in the equation?")

Like does it mean God can't judge? Because God can't identify with Man?

I would rather think, "God saves" because God can identify (with Man) - if He can't identify with a man, he puts him in the loony bin, until the Man learns to be reasonable.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
My understanding is that Man's relationship with God, does not happen at random.

Rather, Man learns of God, through lessons - lessons that proceed in stages.

These lessons then culminate in an identification, with God - for all the good that God does, through the stages of the lessons, for the sake of transcending, first seeing the Son, then living in Him.

This is a far cry, from madness - that we are animal, and struggle to come to terms with the idea that God would create us, merely to abandon us to our own animistic desires.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
You don't evolve the capacity to learn lessons, you learn it.

There is no need to learn lessons, in a selective way, every lesson from God, is fit for "learning".

There will never be a lesson, that makes other lessons redundant, if they are all from God.

Because there are lessons, the student gains knowledge, knowledge that establishes the student in a relation with God (sufficiently because of the lessons, but not necessarily).

In this we know, we have arrived at an understanding of God, if the relation He gives to us with His teaching (of lessons) agrees with our knowledge of Him, in that relationship.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So long as you're obsessed with the notion that salvation depends on how you think of evolution, you're failing to understand what God wants for us, and of us.

The accusation that YE creationism has become a cult for some people is increasingly justified.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think I have hit on what Evolutionists "lack" when it comes to their belief: no concept of purgatory.

If they had the equivalent of "purgatory" in their assortment of beliefs, it would go a long way to putting pressure to produce fruit that is specifically "human".

As in, the more we let them off the hook, over the potential that what they stand for could be lost, they will have no desire to incorporate accountability or agency into their theory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Something I have just come to think recently: God can't ask you to go back to being a monkey, no matter what the selection pressure is.

That really is where being stuck trying to believe in Evolution, hits a brick wall - you honestly can't create Evolution out of thin air.

I don't know if that's because it's a law, or its unreasonable, or it is simply not what God designed - but that is the limit!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think I have hit on what Evolutionists "lack" when it comes to their belief: no concept of purgatory.

"Evolutionists" must be odd people. Many of the scientists I know, who understand and accept evolution, accept the reality of purgatory.

If they had the equivalent of "purgatory" in their assortment of beliefs, it would go a long way to putting pressure to produce fruit that is specifically "human".

You think God is unable to create a world in which nature brings forth the things He intends? Genesis says that he did just that. And as many Christians have noted, He is quite capable of making things happen, either by necessity or by contingency.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Something I have just come to think recently: God can't ask you to go back to being a monkey, no matter what the selection pressure is.

Individuals don't evolve. Populations do. But once a population has crossed a few Rubicons, it can't go back. Each change must be advantageous to survival long enough to reproduce, and such changes are often not.

That really is where being stuck trying to believe in Evolution, hits a brick wall - you honestly can't create Evolution out of thin air.

You can't produce quantum mechanics or gravity out of thin air, either. Fortunately, there was One capable of producing evolution, quantum mechanics, gravity, and all the rest.

I don't know if that's because it's a law, or its unreasonable, or it is simply not what God designed - but that is the limit!

Perhaps God didn't tell you all the details. And it's disrespectful to bring Him down to the level of a "designer." He is omniscient has no need to figure out anything.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think part of the victory of the faith, is that we don't need to "theorize" all the time.

Like I actively keep from theorizing things that God, just wants me to do.

If there is balance in our lives, there is reason for our "science" to flourish; but if we are ruled by our science, there is a trap that we might sicken ourselves.

• Winner
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think part of the victory of the faith, is that we don't need to "theorize" all the time.

Like I actively keep from theorizing things that God, just wants me to do.

If there is balance in our lives, there is reason for our "science" to flourish; but if we are ruled by our science, there is a trap that we might sicken ourselves.

And we have today's winner. He made it so simple. We don't have to theorize endlessly. Just follow Him and do what He said.

And scientists will be the first to tell you that science is not a source of values, ethics, or morals. You might was well look for values in plumbing. Science can't have rules like that. Fortunately, scientists can.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0