IN Acts 6:14 , what is Jesus DESTROYING ?

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ of Nazareth established the New Covenant after His resurrection. Blessings
Hebrews 8
For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second. 8Because finding fault with them, He says: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 9not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 11None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them. 12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
13In that He says, “A new covenant,” He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away
In Heb 8:8 the words . I WIL MAKE /SYNTELEO is in the FUTURE TENSE ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and is SINGULAR and this means the NEW COVENANT has not yet been activated and the NEW COVENANT is with the HOUSE of Israel and with the HOUSE OF JUDAH , and have yet to see that HAPPEN , and have we all missed THAT ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In Heb 8:8 the words . I WIL MAKE /SYNTELEO is in the FUTURE TENSE ACTIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and is SINGULAR and this means the NEW COVENANT has not yet been activated and the NEW COVENANT is with the HOUSE of Israel and with the HOUSE OF JUDAH , and have yet to see that HAPPEN , and have we all missed THAT ??

dan p
Thanks for sharing however, I stand with what I said.
Be blessed.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing however, I stand with what I said.
Be blessed.
Good for you and we all to be persuaded as to what we believe , as I have never seen how the B O C would fit in with Israel and Judah .
Thanks for sharing .

dan p

Upvote 0

sawdust

Jan 8, 2004
Darwin
✟198,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 6:14 reads , For we have heard him saying that this Jesus of Nazarene will DESTROY , this place will change the CUSTOMS which Moses delivered to us .

#1 What is Jesus going to DESTROY / KATALYO.

#2 Notice it is the same Greek word used in Acts 5:38 , DISTROYED /KATALYO

#3 Why the Customs ?

#4 It seem that Jesus is coming to set aside the CUSTOMS and the Law of Moses !

#5 When did Jesus set the Law of Moses , ASIDE ? WHENNN !

#6 Something had to take it PLACE ?

I say Peter was was slowly set aside and PAUL'S message became DOMINANT , Rom 1:1 and Rom 16:25 and 26 .

dan p
You do realise verse 14 is an account from the lips of false witnesses taking what Stephen said out of context?

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do realise verse 14 is an account from the lips of false witnesses taking what Stephen said out of context?
And when was heard him saying that this Jesus the Nazarene will destroy this PLACE , it should bring to your mind , 2 answers ,

That when they KILLED Jesus , they also stopped the the OLD COVENANT and Customs and then in time The TEMPLE would be also destroyed ,

Then God raised up Paul in Acts 9:6 to preach the Gospel of the GRACE OF GOD , in Acts 20:24 where Paul was to testify THE GOSPEL of the GRACE OF GOD .

dan p

Upvote 0