• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

In a new town and so very lonely

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
girlscoutdropout said:
hello all,
i've just moved to a new town, and i'm sooo lonely, and very depressed. i just feel so hurt and alone right now. i could really use some prayer, and some good friends to chat with.

Thanks and God Bless

Hey there,
I can imagine how you must feel. Do you find any good churches in your area? That could be a good way to get your 'foot' in the community so to speak, and a good chance to get to know them and more of God as well. Remember you are never alone. :)

Upvote 0
I can absolutely relate- I moved back to my hometown after 17 YEARS in Texas. I came back to help my dad take care of my mom (who had dementia- at only 67 years old). They went to the southwest for the winter, and had to come back early because mom got sick. She got back, and died 2 days after returning- never got to see home again- had to go to the hospital immediately after getting off the plane. I started having health problems (long history of seizures and an autonomic disorder)... my friends all live in Texas, and I've felt so alone since returning here. I have my dad, and I'm so thankful for him- but he has his friends and his life, and I'm trying to adjust to being back here with no support system. It's been hard. I'm so thankful for message boards and online communities- they have become my source of refuge and fellowship. Being in a new place is difficult. New job. New home. Loss of familiar people and places....

Upvote 0

GodOwnsMe

Sep 3, 2002
Visit site
✟2,433.00
Faith
Christian
Father, please comfort gsdo, draw her all close to You and make her not feel so lonely with You. Please restore her and supply all her needs, give her wisdom and guidance, strength and please fill her heart with Your love, peace and joy despite all. Please help her fully rely on You. In the name of Jesus. Amen
:hug: :hug:
feel free to pm/IM me sometime :)
God Bless you !!
oh, what might be cool for you to read is psalm 23, maybe try & re-write it having another pic than the shepard you can relate to well... just a creative way of thinking about scripture =)
talk to God, throw your sorrows on Him, there's lots of comforting & encouraging stuff in the bible, psalms..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

girlscoutdropout

scroll button 1, 2, 1, 2!
Oct 23, 2002
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Visit site
✟8,356.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thank you all for your prayers.. you're so good to me! i'm always amazed at the kindness the people here are always showing to others. God Bless you all. you are in my praises to Him. i looked into some local churches, and i found a local one that i'm going to attend very soon. and i've began drawing closer and closer to God.
Thanks again all!

Upvote 0
I know exactly how you feel about moving. I moved to a new town about 1 month ago and it is my Senior year in high school. I still don't really know anyone and it is hard. I'm about 6 hours away from my old town!! I miss everyone alot!! But you will get through it I know!! We will stick it out together if we have too!! I'll be praying for you!! Love ya!! And God bless!!

Amber

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟29,976.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Been there and understand what you feel like. You have the right idea in finding a church. Don't forget you have people who care about you on CF! Feel free to PM if you get lonesome again. My ICQ is acting up. I pray you will take her in your arms Lord Jesus and show her the deep love You have for her! Thank you for her life and the gifts you have placed within her for the edification of the Body!
DJ

Upvote 0