In 2008, Trump tried to bribe Senator Specter to Drop New England Patriots 'Spygate' Investigation

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Trump is still a prominent figure in the GOP and likely to run in 2024 if he isn't charged with a federal offense by then.

That won't stop him.

• Agree
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Know of alleged past events? Can you imagine what that would look like if we were to apply that rule to other prominent politicians, such as the man who is president NOW? Talk about "offenses?!" :doh:

I don't have to imagine that happens, the Ukrainian prosecutor conspiracy theory for example. It was alleged that Biden fired the prosecutor to hide his sons corruption but a surface level dive into that shows that he was asked to fire the prosecutor.

Also it's worth noting that there are not a lot of stories about Biden, it seems he is boring person overall.

Unlike Trump who has many rape allegations, including from a minor connected to Epstein. It's not normal for a person, even a prominent person, to have so many allegations of the same type. Makes you think something might be up with him.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't have to imagine that happens, the Ukrainian prosecutor conspiracy theory for example. It was alleged that Biden fired the prosecutor to hide his sons corruption but a surface level dive into that shows that he was asked to fire the prosecutor.
There's much more to the Biden-Ukrainian doings than this, and it's all been well ventilated (and, in fact, confessed to by Biden himself), so there's not really any doubt about it.

Also it's worth noting that there are not a lot of stories about Biden, it seems he is boring person overall.
You're trying hard there, but don't forget that he's also been accused of sexual molestation of a female associate, child molestation, plagiarism, influence peddling galore, and more. Maybe you just forgot about all of that; every bit of it is well-known.

So if we now get back to the idea you advanced, that any allegation of wrongdoing should cause all of us to recoil...but only in the case of the politicians you don't like...I dunno. It doesn't seem right.

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There's much more to the Biden-Ukrainian doings than this, and it's all been well ventilated (and, in fact, confessed to by Biden himself), so there's not really any doubt about it.

Not sure what you mean by "confessed" but that story doesn't hold any water.

You're trying hard there, but don't forget that he's also been accused of sexual molestation of a female associate, child molestation, plagiarism, influence peddling galore, and more. Maybe you just forgot about all of that; every bit of it is well-known.

Oh yeah the story that couldn't be verified by any journalist organization. Biden does have a pattern of behavior that includes being overly affectionate, it's creepy but not sexual molestation. It would be cause for concern if say, over 20 women came forward with rape allegations.

So if we now get back to the idea you advanced, that any allegation of wrongdoing should cause all of us to recoil...but only in the case of the politicians you don't like...I dunno. It doesn't seem right.

Isn't that what you are doing right now?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not sure what you mean by "confessed" but that story doesn't hold any water.
Most Americans saw the video of Biden explaining how he did it and why he did it. And that's to say nothing of his account being confirmed by Ukrainian authorities as well.

Biden does have a pattern of behavior that includes being overly affectionate, it's creepy but not sexual molestation.
Well, that's what you want us to think, but the accuser in that case described much more than "overly affectionate."

The point here, however, is that a mere allegation--such as the one about Trump that was made into its own thread here and supported by your post(s)-- can be made with equal credibility to most people in the highest levels of government, so it's not more impressive when done to Trump than to your preferred candidate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder what party the late Sen Spector's son belongs to?

A lot of traditional conservatives cannot stand Trump.

I can say with certainty the late Sen. Arlen Specter would not tolerate the spineless leader of the Senate today.

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Most Americans saw the video of Biden explaining how he did it and why he did it. And that's to say nothing of his account being confirmed by Ukrainian authorities as well.

Well, that's what you want us to think, but the accuser in that case described much more than "overly affectionate."

The point here, however, is that a mere allegation--such as the one about Trump that was made into its own thread here and supported by your post(s)-- can be made with equal credibility to most people in the highest levels of government, so it's not more impressive when done to Trump than to your preferred candidate.

Not all allegations are equally credible though. Recall that right wing agitators hired an actress to make false allegations against Mueller at the height of the probe. That was quickly uncovered by investigation.

Here we have a former government official saying that Trump tried to bribe him. It would be fair to say that the official might have reasons to lie but it does fit into a larger pattern of behavior for Trump. Multiple people have said that Trump acted in ways that resemble a mob boss. Would you have have us believe that every single story about Trump acting in such a way is fake rather than having Trumps private dealings matching his public persona?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not all allegations are equally credible though.
I agree, and that's why I offered you a few that are more credible than the one about Trump.

But in addition, the main point still remains that an allegation is still only an allegation and we ought not talk as though hearsay or gossip or a story that is planted in order to defame a political opponent is automatically to be treated as if it were credible.

Upvote 0

LockeeDeck

Mar 14, 2021
Los Angeles
✟31,239.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I agree, and that's why I offered you a few that are more credible than the one about Trump.

But in addition, the main point still remains that an allegation is still only an allegation and we ought not talk as though hearsay or gossip or a story that is planted in order to defame a political opponent is automatically to be treated as if it were credible.

You believe that every single negative story about Trump, from the stories about him cheating at golf to him trying to bribe and blackmail officials to allegations of him raping a minor are all planted by his enemies to make him look bad?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,661.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Fight!

I love it when partisans call something partisan.

Can you imagine what that would look like if we were to apply that rule to other prominent politicians, such as the man who is president NOW?

We can all do better than imagine this. We can see it with our own eyes on Christian forums, most days.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0