• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Improving condition

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟117,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

I’d like to take a minute to reach out and say that things regarding mental health for me are going much much brighter.Though some small anxieties are coming here and there,I’ve been able to overcome! However if it isn’t any trouble I’d like to ask of some advice and support for one small topic.So as of yesterday I’ve been battling a intrusive thought or lie from satan. Saying: “You don’t really believe,your only forcing yourself,quit” and I always reject this.However yesterday it obstructed my work efficiency,see the thing is I’m terrified of being separated from God,and most of all I sometimes downspiral into deep introspection,and the thing that I examine during anxiety moments are motives.I always am afraid of my motives.Even right now I’m having anxiety that “ what if I’m only forcing myself to believe” however I reject these IT OR lies.However once again it feels like two forces fighting over each other,something keeps wanting me to accept this as a true and another part of me knows that would be tragic and dangerous,I don’t want to leave God,it feels like me wants to admit I’m forcing myself,and me at the same time Denys it.I don’t know why the lord is letting me steadfast like this?,why am I being presented with such anxiety-inducing trials? And I can’t tell if it’s my mind fooling my heart and my heart saying “Trll them the truth,YOU DONT TRULY BELIEVE!” And it’s scary.I can’t tell what’s true or real,that’s the scariest thing,I don’t want to be an unbeliever.Is this Satan attacking me? Then it’s like “your trying to still be a Christian,quit parading and admit!” And it’s scarier.I keep fighting with what my character fears and for some reason my mind or my soul keeps fighting what I don’t want to be true.I do apologize if I’m being confusing,but I’m explaining what I can decipher the best I can.Is Satan trying to confuse me?

Ever since yesterday i took a new approach of instead of looking inside,I look outside and up to Christ regardless of what I feel.And I’ve been happier doing so.Should I do this?,should I not always examine myself like this?.If these are attacks,why am I going through so many?,am I like job right now?,

overall I thank everyone for all your praying support and advice and reassurance,it’s so helping.But could someone offer help to these questions please

Last edited:

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi everyone,

I’d like to take a minute to reach out and say that things regarding mental health for me are going much much brighter.Though some small anxieties are coming here and there,I’ve been able to overcome! However if it isn’t any trouble I’d like to ask of some advice and support for one small topic.So as of yesterday I’ve been battling a intrusive thought or lie from satan. Saying: “You don’t really believe,your only forcing yourself,quit” and I always reject this.However yesterday it obstructed my work efficiency,see the thing is I’m terrified of being separated from God,and most of all I sometimes downspiral into deep introspection,and the thing that I examine during anxiety moments are motives.I always am afraid of my motives.Even right now I’m having anxiety that “ what if I’m only forcing myself to believe” however I reject these IT OR lies.

Ever since yesterday i took a new approach of instead of looking inside,I look outside and up to Christ regardless of what I feel.And I’ve been happier doing so.Should I do this?,should I not always examine myself like this?.If these are attacks,why am I going through so many?,am I like job right now?,

overall I thank everyone for all your praying support and advice and reassurance,it’s so helping
Yes definitely, always look to Christ! It IS up to God, regardless of how you feel. You are here in perfect accordance with his plan; sadly, and disappointingly, not according to his command but according to his decree. It is HIS SPIRIT in you that is your security. It is not you. Your motives can never do the job.

It is not you, but God, who works in you, both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Edit: 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

“For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.”

Other versions: "...self-discipline"; "...sound judgement"; "...temperance"; "...wise discretion".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hey, brother. So, a lot of Christians go through this. Intrusive thoughts are very common, especially among Christians, so you are not alone.

Your plan to look outwards to Christ is a good one! That is what helps me, too. Just ignore the voices, look to Christ, trust in Him, and keep going.

• Friendly
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0