Impressing your commitment to Christ on those with no commitment or a message to persuade?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
We who have a commitment to Christ find some things very pertinent and important we did not see before the commitment. We also learn new words and Christianese, both in terms and concepts. We can then come to the perhaps young, with no commitment to Christ, and impress on them our values, thoughts and words in an attempt to persuade them. It makes me think of the ten commandments in US schools. Also prayer. In Australia we have scripture classes and the secularists wanted to replace them with morality or philosophy classes.

I remember how I was won to commitment. Through fear of God's judgment and His goodness. Then experiencing His goodness, I was impressed and always remember it. For others, God's love wins them. For others still, His wisdom. One of the things of God like reverence, love or wisdom, or joy, promises... wins us to Him for years if not for life.

So I am asking about what we aim to impress on people, how we best persuade them and about one on one and large numbers evangelism and catechism... what do you say?