• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Impossible To Trust God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kaykay9.0

Oh gosh yes...hit the nail on the head...though this morning I managed to spike when he did something nice - I think it was a confirmation that the times he does something I freak out about are real and not just OCD if that makes sense. Imagine looking at something under a huge microscope...well that's what I do with him. It can be anything from something which may well be not the nicest thing he could do right through to a nuance of tone! It's horrible...really, really horrible...I feel bad about the God stuff but nothing causes more hideous feelings than the relationship stuff! Which is bad cos God should matter more! Thanks for understanding! Hugs, Rachel
Well, all I can tell you is that my own husband is a very Godly man but he certainly has some flaws. No one can stand under that "microscope" kind of scrutiny!

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rachel,
I am sorry that you are going through this.I know is an horrible thing to go through.Jesus mercy is always there for us no matter what we may think.Just like our mercy and love and care for our children is always there for them no matter what and if they are struggling or hurting or confused or even if they were to doubt our love, when they are hurting our love and compassion and tender care for them goes even stronger and our protective feelings for them gets stronger, when they are sick we take more time for them and give them even more comfort and that is how Jesus is with us.The more we are hurting or confused or suffering with ocd the more protective Jesus will be with us and He will have compassion us and help us through.
I know what you mean about feeling scared of God's judgement and I know how aweful it is but Jesus does understand and care.I hope all the terror and fear eases up for you Rachel.
blessings
annrobert

Upvote 0

RachelZ

Mar 6, 2008
✟8,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Annerobert for your post...and sorry I haven't replied before! It's helpful to know you understand...do you mind me asking how you got to a place where you can sound so confident in God's love for us being like a really good Dad's? No worries if you'd rather not say. Many thanks again and I hope you're feeling at least a bit better, Rachel

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.