Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The point of the InfoWars take was that CNN seldom, if ever, makes mention that it's Islamists that are to blame in large measure for these atrocities. It's as if they don't want to say anything against them (same with Obama & Hillary) for fear of retaliation.

Does CNN, Obama, Hillary and other Democrats really think Islamic terrorists will go easier on America if we don't bad mouth them? InfoWars adds another valid perspective. And just to make myself clear i am not recommending InfoWars over CNN, Fox or anyone else (including Michael Savage's perceptive take on America and the world's ills).
Well if the guy who's the source of this article is the only source he is probably lying.

Upvote 0

GoingByzantine

Seeking the Narrow Road
Site Supporter
Jun 19, 2013
✟92,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
  • Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, California
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you
Here is an article on the subject from Newsweek:

At slave auctions, Libyan smugglers are selling off migrants for as little as $400

Now maybe we can shift attention to the disturbing issue at hand, and not Alex Jones. :)

Thank you. It seems like there was quite a ruckus on the comments section as to who the smugglers/slavers are. There is slavery in the US among immigrants too. I have heard that Asian restaurant workers can be in a bad situation, and Haitian children.

I don't know how much there is for us to do about the people in Lybia. I doubt the US will take many immigrants from this part of the world, and people fleeing persecution and poverty aren't going to stop. What a nightmare.

Upvote 0

buzuxi02

Veteran
May 14, 2006
New York
✟212,454.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And why is this happening? Because of our stupidity in getting rid of Kaddafi. Which created ISIS as well. After the country went into chaos these poor shmucks thought they found a passage route to Europe. They would be smuggled into a lawless Libya and put on tiny makeshift boats for some money to reach Europe. They were told the Mediterranean is a tiny river easy to cross. Now that the patrols on the water has gotten stricter its not so easy to make to europe. So they just set up slave auctions instead

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why was this re-posted?

Geographically the Boko-Haram kidnappings were in different locations. The stories about how they became vulnerable to slavery were also very different. What is your point? I will not watch this person as he lies like a rug and I see no point in giving him the attention he apparently craves.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Christie insb said:
Well if I thought the person reporting it was a reliable reporter I would be more than willing to discuss the topic. Look. I will do your work and find a different source but I do not intend to fill up this person who lacks - - whatever - - with attention to his fertilizer. I will send you a link if you want to start a new thread.
It's not "who" reported on it....it's the atrocity of selling human beings in Libya. To at least be aware of this possibility is what matters here. And then of course to do research.

Isn't it?
By the way, i checked with the UN's IOM (International Organization for Migration). I left a message and a representative called me back. The representative reports that the auctioning and selling of human beings (slaves) is alive and well, and business has been booming for thousands of years, and it is as flourishing as ever.

I could care less if it's Alex Jones, or anyone else, who mentions the booming slave trade in Libya. It's horrifying enough to do my own research, to at the very least, be aware of it, and confirming it, regardless of who it is who mentions it.

Praying.

Upvote 0

Christie insb

Sep 3, 2015
✟60,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
By the way, i checked with the UN's IOM (International Organization for Migration). I left a message and a representative called me back. The representative reports that the auctioning and selling of human beings (slaves) is alive and well, and business has been booming for thousands of years, and it is as flourishing as ever.

I could care less if it's Alex Jones, or anyone else, who mentions the booming slave trade in Libya. It's horrifying enough to do my own research, to at the very least, be aware of it, and confirming it, regardless of who it is who mentions it.

Praying.
Yes. It is good to pray for this tragic situation, so we can agree on that. Alex Jones, though, is a person of questionable judgment who made up a story thar Sandy Hook was a conspiracy and that it didn't really happen. People whose kids actually did die in this attack were rightfully upset, and if he would retract this one thing I might give him another look. He won't though, because he thrives on the reactions he gets to this stuff. If he can find a true thing that will upset the people, fine, but he will make one up if there isn't.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes. It is good to pray for this tragic situation, so we can agree on that. Alex Jones, though, is a person of questionable judgment who made up a story thar Sandy Hook was a conspiracy and that it didn't really happen. People whose kids actually did die in this attack were rightfully upset, and if he would retract this one thing I might give him another look. He won't though, because he thrives on the reactions he gets to this stuff. If he can find a true thing that will upset the people, fine, but he will make one up if there isn't.

See post #22.

In addition, i agree about the urgency of human trafficking and the slave trade in Libya, and prayer.

Here is a link to a prayer thread for Libya, if you'd like to join in:

Link ---> Prayer for Libya

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And why is this happening? Because of our stupidity in getting rid of Kaddafi. Which created ISIS as well. After the country went into chaos these poor shmucks thought they found a passage route to Europe. They would be smuggled into a lawless Libya and put on tiny makeshift boats for some money to reach Europe. They were told the Mediterranean is a tiny river easy to cross. Now that the patrols on the water has gotten stricter its not so easy to make to europe. So they just set up slave auctions instead
I never really heard a good explanation why Western leaders thought that removing Kaddafi was going to be such a good idea. The same people that criticized Bush for removing Saddam Hussein, and who had the same 20/20 hindsight that we all did about how chaotic the results of removing a tin pot dictator could be, nevertheless eagerly repeated history by removing the next tin pot dictator.
And for what?
Did people at the time really think that young people with cell phones was all that it was going to take to make the ME great again?

Well, from what I saw, that is what people actually thought at the time.

The flow of refugees and criminals into Europe is an existential crisis for Europe, and this has nothing to do with Bush. This has everything to do with Europeans fetching Obama to bust open the back gate to Europe by removing Kaddafi, repeating the mistakes made in Iraq, and expecting different results.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
On the lighter side of the news 19 year old virgin model Giselle auctioned off her virginity for 2.9 million dollars.
It reminds me of that old joke with Churchill, or someone like him.
He asked the lady if she would sleep with him for two million, and she smiled and said of course. So he asked her if she would sleep with him for five, she got all incensed and asked him what kind of woman he took her for.
He said that the kind of woman she was had already been already established, but now it was just about haggling over the price.

There is a world of difference between being a virgin and being pure. Giselle has shown us the difference.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Immigrants Auctioned For $400 In Libya

The Libyan government does not sanction this behavior, any more than the US does -
"Immigrants" are smuggled into Libya, just like in the US.
If the smugglers / coyotes are not not paid, for their smuggling, they find all kinds of ways to get their money, FOR their smuggling of illegal immigrants.

While one can read people being sold and be appalled. Seems the 'smugglers' would be out of business ~ if people were not willing to risk their own lives, to agree to illegally enter other countries, then not pay their illegal accomplices.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0