provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I believe God's Spirit revealed something to me just now, about where people go after they die. There are verses that say we go to Abraham's bosom or some other waiting place (like Sheol) as we await resurrection, but I believe that was the old order of things, before Christ resurrected.

Jesus was the FIRST person to resurrect after experiencing death. That is why the devil thought he had Jesus beat. Resurrection from the dead had NEVER been seen before by all the hosts of heaven. This is why Christ's resurrection is such an incredible victory! Jesus defied reality! All the hosts of heaven held their breath and Jesus, as the first fruits of the resurrection has nullified death for those who believe!

All the devil can do is huff and puff and kill, steal and destroy, but it doesn't matter! Because death is no more! He thought that having the power of death would win him the contest with God, but he failed!

Thus I believe Paul when he says "to be absent the body is to be present with the Lord" When we die is the judgement, immediately. What do you think?

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe God's Spirit revealed something to me just now, about where people go after they die. There are verses that say we go to Abraham's bosom or some other waiting place (like Sheol) as we await resurrection, but I believe that was the old order of things, before Christ resurrected.

Jesus was the FIRST person to resurrect after experiencing death. That is why the devil thought he had Jesus beat. Resurrection from the dead had NEVER been seen before by all the hosts of heaven. This is why Christ's resurrection is such an incredible victory! Jesus defied reality! All the hosts of heaven held their breath and Jesus, as the first fruits of the resurrection has nullified death for those who believe!

All the devil can do is huff and puff and kill, steal and destroy, but it doesn't matter! Because death is no more! He thought that having the power of death would win him the contest with God, but he failed!

Thus I believe Paul when he says "to be absent the body is to be present with the Lord" When we die is the judgement, immediately. What do you think?
If we work on being present to the Lord in this life, mindful of the Lord's presence with us always, at least in that sense death hardly matters.

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
In a sense it is … Just as when we sleep …our next moment of awareness is when we wake up.

When we die (sleep) we are in the state of *gravedom (sheol) until our next moment of awareness …. which is when Christ returns for the Church (rapture)…. or when He returns as king of kings at the resurrection.

There is no place in the Bible that says we go to Him …………… He comes to us …in both instances. And there would be no need for Him to come if we were already there.

Additionally, it would contradict many scriptures if we immediately went be with the Lord.

*((Gravedom is the state or reign of being in the grave….not he grave itself.))

As for Abrahams bosom…. that parable that Jesus told to the Pharisees was in light of their Talmudic traditions and beliefs. Jesus coined the phrase “Abraham’s Bosom” because they (Pharisees) believed in reincarnation and a bunch of other off the wall stuff.

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In a sense it is … Just as when we sleep …our next moment of awareness is when we wake up.

When we die (sleep) we are in the state of *gravedom (sheol) until our next moment of awareness …. which is when Christ returns for the Church (rapture)…. or when He returns as king of kings at the resurrection.

There is no place in the Bible that says we go to Him …………… He comes to us …in both instances. And there would be no need for Him to come if we were already there.

Additionally, it would contradict many scriptures if we immediately went be with the Lord.

*((Gravedom is the state or reign of being in the grave….not he grave itself.))

As for Abrahams bosom…. that parable that Jesus told to the Pharisees was in light of their Talmudic traditions and beliefs. Jesus coined the phrase “Abraham’s Bosom” because they (Pharisees) believed in reincarnation and a bunch of other off the wall stuff.
Why did the Pharisees believe in reincarnation?

Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
This is kind somewhat speculative … as to why

Look at the breakdown of biblical standards in the US since the 60 ‘s….. Prior to Jesus coming there had been 400 years without a man of God. The devil, which really had not been exposed until Jesus came on the scene, was having a field day with those who were supposed to be the purveyors of truth, maintaining the statutes and practices that God had set up …. But over time they become totally corrupt adapting Babylonian mysticism, occult practices and worse …. some of them really went off the rails…. going by the way of Cain, which is talked about in Jhn 8:44. When Jesus stated → Ye are of your father the devil,← and the lusts of your father ye will do…… That is not a figure of speech ….it’s seed.

• Informative
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

OT prophets resurrected people - before Jesus' death.
Jesus resurrected people before His death.

Moses and Elijah both stand in glory with Christ in Matt 17 - before Jesus' death.

Gal 1:6-9 - there is only one Gospel
Gal 3:8 - the Gospel was preached to Abraham
John 8 - Abraham saw Christ's day and rejoiced.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They did not believe in reincarnation from lower species to humans or from humans to lower species.

"There is no evidence, however, that there was any meaningful presence of the idea of reincarnation in ancient Jewish communities. While this idea sometimes arises from misunderstandings or willful abuse of scriptural passages (see our articles Do Job 1:21 and Ecclesiastes 5:15 teach reincarnation and Does John 9:2 imply reincarnation), most often it stems from an honest misreading of non-biblical Jewish sources."

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So strange. My parents literally asked me my view on this, out of nowhere, just the other day. Then, voila! I stumble on this thread. I had to to tell them that I don't know the answer and would have to look it up so thanks for all contributing. I still don't know if the answer has been decided here but I enjoy the discussion.

• Friendly
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
This simple truth, understanding as revealed by the Father, is hidden from most people today. They have a lot of tradtions that this upsets.

• Agree
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Why do any children raised in this generation believe walt disney movies ?
Why would Pharisee's who were descendants of those who wandered in the desert for 40 years believe in Reincarnation? Where in the Pentateuch is reincarnation mentioned? Where would they get this idea?

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would Pharisee's who were descendants of those who wandered in the desert for 40 years believe in Reincarnation? Where in the Pentateuch is reincarnation mentioned? Where would they get this idea?
Do you happen to remember where the first two people on earth, with NO TELEVISION, got the idea to sin ?

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Do you happen to remember where the first two people on earth, with NO TELEVISION, got the idea to sin ?
I'm sure that the "serpent" in Genesis was a metaphor for cable television. That is obvious from the origin Hebrew.

:laughing:

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟53,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm sure that the "serpent" in Genesis was a metaphor for cable television. That is obvious from the origin Hebrew.

:laughing:
Even in English the resemblance can be realized - who gave the beast the power to speak .... or if not the beast, the false prophets or whatever ... bringing the serpent into millions of homes
and often they invited it !

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm just asking because I'm not sure where in the bible's history would the idea of reincarnation come from, to the israelites. I've read the bible and there is simply no mention of it

Upvote 0