Massachusetts (North Shore)
✟15,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oooook... so there's this boy who I like named Joe. We've hung out a couple times, and I think I want to ask him out on a date. The trouble is, I'm not sure either of us have ever dated, so I have no idea what we would do.

I know there's already a thread for this, but I figured i'd start my own for convenience.

Anyway, here's the situation: I love music. I play guitar and sing and I basically play a couple other instruments. I also write a lot in various genres.

Joe is an artist. He does a lot with graphic design. He has some stuff up on a site where artists can share their stuff.

I don't think either of us go out much. We're both sort of awkward. We like a lot of the same movies, I think.

Any first date ideas would be great.

From my android phone

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Oooook... so there's this boy who I like named Joe. We've hung out a couple times, and I think I want to ask him out on a date. The trouble is, I'm not sure either of us have ever dated, so I have no idea what we would do.

I know there's already a thread for this, but I figured i'd start my own for convenience.

Anyway, here's the situation: I love music. I play guitar and sing and I basically play a couple other instruments. I also write a lot in various genres.

Joe is an artist. He does a lot with graphic design. He has some stuff up on a site where artists can share their stuff.

I don't think either of us go out much. We're both sort of awkward. We like a lot of the same movies, I think.

Any first date ideas would be great.

From my android phone

You are so cute you make me giggle. I shiver like jello when I jiggle lol. I don't know lol. Just be honest with each other I guess but don't be too serious. Be light of heart.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

Yeah. Why don't you talk to him more and figure out what he would probably really like to do? I'm just going to guess that what he really enjoys doing might not actually be what you would expect to do as a date activity. I just think that men and women approach the issue very differently, and as a guy, I can't remember the last time someone actually entertained me. If I happened to meet a girl that actually liked doing what I like to do, now that would be something.

He might even ask you out first :\

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Tell him you like him and you want to spend some time with him. He should be able to help you figure out what you two would have fun doing together.

I second this. Also, since he's a graphic artist and you're a musician, he could design the band posters and album covers while you do the music :cool:

Upvote 0

SweetAvenue

Nov 28, 2011
Massachusetts (North Shore)
✟15,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I second this. Also, since he's a graphic artist and you're a musician, he could design the band posters and album covers while you do the music :cool:

He actually designed an album cover for me and it was good, it just wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I told him I liked it though. I think in the end I'll probably just use the one that I designed. I do a little graphic design myself.

Upvote 0