Jun 6, 2007
✟23,331.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
After moving away for college, loneliness has become a huge part of my life that I had never dealt with before. It can be rough.

I was really lonely for the first year. But gradually I came to have a fair number of friends.

The most friends I have ever had was in graduate school (before I left to come to the lab, theoretically I Am still in graduate school but I don't feel it as much cause I am not at the university). The second most was in college (not initially, but by the end of my senior year).

Outside of college and university, I have been completely terrible at making friends. It was my siblings and their friends that I mostly hung out with before college.

As I said, currently I lose friends (generally to them moving away) as fast as I make them. That is at the rate of a couple per year.

JM

Upvote 0

soccerdad66

Veteran
Apr 4, 2007
Washington
✟13,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I used to get lonely, but then I found the internet, and realized that I was a loser too. Just kidding, but previously mentioned, I used to have that problem with having tons of friends, but non that I could call on...

Honestly, now that I'm a single dad, and being involved with soccer, I hope for a few moments of peace and quiet.

Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

Sometimes high school friends.. sometimes just randomly seeing people and having the guts to talk to them (this isn't as often as it should be). Hearing friends talk about their other friends and then saying "they're cool, I would like to meet them!" and following up on that. I also started getting involved in local music stuff, just checking out musicians.. and I've met friends that way.

It is not as easy as I might have made it seem, and I am probably not as cool as it might make me seem. but there are so many people in the world and I would like to know more about all of them :)

That does make you seem pretty cool. :) I'm kinda trying to go that way myself; getting out on weekend nights to meet people. We'll see how it goes.

Upvote 0