Cape Breton
✟740,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Really, I am. Why isn't the phone ringing? Why isn't anybody picking up? C'mon! I'm so frustrated.

How are you with a Catholic, married middle aged man with 7 kids at home? If that's cool, post your phone number. ^_^

See. Things could be worse. :)

Upvote 0

BoarderDave

SoCal Beachaholic
Jan 16, 2007
Southern California!
Visit site
✟27,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Aww.. Im sorry. :sigh:

Have any hobbies you can entertain with?

I always found that God has used my hobbies to put me in touch with a lot of new people all of the time. I end up meeting fun people whilst Im just trying to keep myself entertained. :D

It's worth a try if you can do it. :)

Upvote 0

Fremdin

Contributor
Jan 26, 2008
✟17,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How are you with a Catholic, married middle aged man with 7 kids at home? If that's cool, post your phone number. ^_^

See. Things could be worse. :)

I'm not that kind of lonely. I'm not lonely for a boyfriend. I just want to hang out with my friends, but they live 100 miles away or have weekend jobs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephanieamber

i am gonna love like you've never seen.
Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
I'm not that kind of lonely. I'm not lonely for a boyfriend. I just want to hang out with my friends, but they live 100 miles away or have weekend jobs.

For a long time I really struggled with loneliness. I had tons of friends but always felt like I was sitting at home doing nothing. Then I just expanded my community. There are tons of people I hardly know that I will sometimes get coffee with. Sure, it's a bit awkward at times.. but it makes life interesting, and a few of those people I barely knew when we facebooked each other about "hey let's catch up!" have turned into friends.

Frequently, I've learned that I focus too much one what a specific group of others are doing. I'd say "everybody is busy!" and I really just meant the first 5 people I'd instinctively call. By catching myself when I'm thinking that way, it has helped me really just stop being so darn picky about who I call my friend and who I don't.

Life is short, so why not engage in potentially awkward situations with people you kind of but don't really know?

Upvote 0

Xen_Antares

Dec 30, 2003
✟16,490.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt. I was in the same boat when I first joined the Air Force, all of my friends were hundreds of miles away, and I never made new friends that easily, so I sat in my room for weeks, and months, until eventually I did make a few new friends. But you have one advantage that I did not, you have the internet, now the internet was around in 1998 when I went through what youre going through, but I had no way to connect to it. When I did get a computer I spent alot of my time on it, socializing with people.

Upvote 0
T

toastface_grillah

For a long time I really struggled with loneliness. I had tons of friends but always felt like I was sitting at home doing nothing. Then I just expanded my community. There are tons of people I hardly know that I will sometimes get coffee with. Sure, it's a bit awkward at times.. but it makes life interesting, and a few of those people I barely knew when we facebooked each other about "hey let's catch up!" have turned into friends.

Frequently, I've learned that I focus too much one what a specific group of others are doing. I'd say "everybody is busy!" and I really just meant the first 5 people I'd instinctively call. By catching myself when I'm thinking that way, it has helped me really just stop being so darn picky about who I call my friend and who I don't.

Life is short, so why not engage in potentially awkward situations with people you kind of but don't really know?

Props. :thumbsup: How did you meet these people; the ones you hardly know that you'll sometimes get coffee with?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

stephanieamber

i am gonna love like you've never seen.
Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Props. :thumbsup: How did you meet these people; the ones you hardly know that you'll sometimes get coffee with?

Sometimes high school friends.. sometimes just randomly seeing people and having the guts to talk to them (this isn't as often as it should be). Hearing friends talk about their other friends and then saying "they're cool, I would like to meet them!" and following up on that. I also started getting involved in local music stuff, just checking out musicians.. and I've met friends that way.

It is not as easy as I might have made it seem, and I am probably not as cool as it might make me seem. but there are so many people in the world and I would like to know more about all of them :)

Upvote 0