I'm so tired of being a part of my family are we cursed???

chelsea89

Sep 20, 2011
United States
✟15,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I grew up with my crack addicted father running in and out of our lives, my alcoholic mother with a literal case of muchheusens, my very judgmental grandparents who are millionaires ( quite literally) being too stuck up to help us get out of the ghetto but always wondering why I'm not a doctor or a lawyer by now with no financial help ( yeah I make $10 an hour I can sooo pay for 8-12 years of college. Then my poor grandma has lost her son, my grandpa and now her son in law and soon her daughter even though she's the only decent human being in my family ( not my rich grandma). And her other son is a deadbeat dad, 40 years old abusing her, my dead uncle raped my sister, my aunt who is dying and whose husband is dying has a son with a rare genetic disorder called microcephaly so technically he's dying and very special needs ( can't walk, talk, feed himself and he's 13). Now my sister who is 21 with all these unresolved issues ( everyone called her a liar with the rape) is being kicked out as well as my brother from my moms so she can live with her alcoholic boyfriend. I had to stay in a hotel the last time I went home because
no one wants three kids to stay the night. Are we cursed? I could never do things like they've done to me to my kids. I've been beaten, raped, put on psychological drugs to the point of overdose and had to have surgery, then given up to foster care and they want me to be a doctor! Seriously!!! Isn't it good enough that I'm a self sufficient 23 year old mother of three with a
medical assisting degree that I got while singlehandedly raising two kids with a 4.0 no less? I wish someone cared forward us, my sister and brother and I. My sis and I were talking and we said we will be sad when our parents die but that beyond a general feeling of sadness we won't really care. We almost consider ourselves orphans anyways. Our parents died by the time I was 5 :(

Last edited:

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you sure have had a lot of bad stuff happen to you. I am fortunate that I was bought up in a Christian home, where we were loved and treated nicely. I have to agree with the last poster, when you become a Christian all things become new, it does not mean that every one around you will change, so some bad stuff can still happen. But you your self become an agent for positive change. With God on your side things are bound to work out better. There is a verse in the bible that says "All things work together for good for those who love God". None of us can really control our lives, but God can direct our pathways so we end up in the best possible situation.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No matter what the curse may be, the blessing at the Cross was greater. I too come from a very problematic background, and I had to come to the place where enough was enough. I gained the strength to do so when I began to see the Lord's good hand guiding me, even in my past and through tremendous pain, to Himself. As I saw that, I gained the strength to forgive and get free.

Upvote 0

berachah

Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can speak with a bit of experience on the matter...

The Bible says the sins of the forefathers can be passed onto the 3rd/4th generation is this is a fact that I have seen often....even for Christians who are not set free from the matters of the past.

I read your message and it is clear your father is a product of his upbringing. Most kids who end up on drugs have an upbringing of judgment and rejection. They feel they can never meet their parents expectations and eventually give up as they have had no encouragement...only judgement and correction.

This same judgment is now being onto you, the next generation..The parents that thought they had the best interest of their child at heart (by continually correction and judging) were actually the cause of the child's downfall. Besides that there are clearly other bondages that are being passed down through the generations.

Jesus is the only one who can undo this evil.......

I hope you can reach out and say "Lord, I need help.... I ask for forgiveness of my sins, I ask that you take my load and set me free."

Thereafter get water baptised into Christ, find someone who can do deliverance work within the church, and God will start the process of restoring your destiny...

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From a very cursory reading of your situation i would say your family is disfunctional and I pray that you can overcome this. We all have our crosses to bear and you are not unique in the unsavory position you find yourself in .Curses are merely superstitions and play no role in reality. May God guide you to a better life than you have thus far experienced. Perhaps your experiences and your recognition that those experiences are not the optimum way to be raised will lead you to be a better role model for your own progeny.

Upvote 0

berachah

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
.Curses are merely superstitions and play no role in reality.

The above comments were made by a Lutherun......and is clearly a contradiction of the founder of the Lutheran denomination who spoke openly of curses and such things....

This opinion is also very easily contradicted by the experiences of any secular psychiatrist who will confirm that many of their patients are there for treatment because of the liflong damage of words spoken again them.

Besides that even physical disease such as asthma and heart disease have been exposed as running through the bloodline because of sin (by noted healers such as Henry Wright)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The above comments were made by a Lutherun......and is clearly a contradiction of the founder of the Lutheran denomination who spoke openly of curses and such things....

This opinion is also very easily contradicted by the experiences of any secular psychiatrist who will confirm that many of their patients are there for treatment because of the liflong damage of words spoken again them.

Besides that even physical disease such as asthma and heart disease have been exposed as running through the bloodline because of sin (by noted healers such as Henry Wright)

I will contradict Martin Luther anytime that he is wrong. For instance in his ridiculous anti semitism and If you are correct, in any superstitious beliefs in curses that are just as ridiculous as the Episcopal, Catholic and ELCA beliefs in apostolic succession. Superstitions have no place in Christian theology.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Curses are as real as you allow them to be. And sometimes it takes learning of their existence, and of our authority in Christ, before we can root them out and overcome. For the one walking in his authority, they have little or no effect. But not everyone is at that level yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

berachah

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will contradict Martin Luther anytime that he is wrong. For instance in his ridiculous anti semitism and If you are correct, in any superstitious beliefs in curses that are just as ridiculous as the Episcopal, Catholic and ELCA beliefs in apostolic succession. Superstitions have no place in Christian theology.

Perhaps the Word of God will suffice..2 Peter 2:14
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

And did not Jesus himself curse the tree and it died? And did he not say we will do more than such things?

Go into any church in the world and you will still find Christians living under the bondages and yokes that their parents bound them into. Of course every Christian should be living in liberty and freedom, but through ignorance they don't.

We are made in the image of God. God spoke things into existance and so can we. Tell a child he is stupid and good for nothing and you will bear that fruit in his life. That is simple how a curse operates. Nothing superstitious about it.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..Hosea 4:6

Upvote 0

berachah

Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Curses are as real as you allow them to be. And sometimes it takes learning of their existence, and of our authority in Christ, before we can root them out and overcome. For the one walking in his authority, they have little or no effect. But not everyone is at that level yet.

Amen
learning of their existence = spiritual discernment
rooting them out = spiritual gifting

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2012
Athens Greece
✟15,467.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Have patience, tell your family how you feel and comfort yourself by comforting others.

The more a person suffers in his/her life, the more kind will he/she become towards others who suffer. Remember that.

May God bless you and equpi you with strength and courage.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,768.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When bad stuff happens to nonbelievers it can help turn them around, but when bad stuff happens to/for Christians it is God providing opportunities. The prodigal son turned to his father when he reached bottom, while the person born blind (John 9: 1-7) provided an opportunity for good.
You have a ton of opportunities and your witness to help others through a lesser situation is huge! I have known Christians today that have gone through tons of bad stuff and with God’s help, are today giants in the kingdom. You might be a giant already or just one in the making. You are surrounded by opportunities to present Christ.

Upvote 0