I'm seriously worried about the Republican Party, y'all!

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I clearly stated the avatar is not a self labeled idiot-its a cultural commentary but some people cant resist childish behaviour and dishonesty for a chance to insult others. Moreover, i live on the south shore of mass and i dont remember a single story of crime from the refugees. In fact, the stories i saw said the opposite. We could ask for evidence to back up the libel against fellow americans hurt by a hurricane but what's the point? Some punks choose lying when it suits their agenda.

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

just LOVES the flagrantly biased moderating here
Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
THE HOUSTON POLICE DEPARTMENT SAID OVERALL CRIME WAS DOWN FROM THE YEAR BEFORE. BEFORE KAT REFUGEES GOT TO HOUSTON. What's so dern funny is that's in the links people provided to try and support their claim crime skyrocketed! Lol

Do you ever tire of being dead wrong?

[SIZE=-1]NEW ORLEANS- Crime in New Orleans dropped dramatically during the last three months of 2005 due to a smaller post-Hurricane Katrina population, police said.
Nine homicides took place in October, November and December, compared with 64 for the last three months of 2004.
At the same time, police in Houston, which took in about 200,000 Louisiana residents left homeless by Hurricane Katrina, reported that their crime rate had increased.[/SIZE]

Houston: This city of nearly 2 million has experienced a marked uptick in its homicide rate since more than 100,000 of New Orleans’s displaced residents flocked into town in late August and early September. While Houston’s murder rate is up 23 percent for all of 2005, it spiked 70 percent in November and December compared to last year’s levels. At least 35 percent of Houston’s December increase in homicides—five of 14 over last year’s level—directly stemmed from the presence of Katrina evacuees.

These are from articles I linked earlier.

Shall I continue? ^_^

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I clearly stated the avatar is not a self labeled idiot-its a cultural commentary but some people cant resist childish behaviour and dishonesty for a chance to insult others. Moreover, i live on the south shore of mass and i dont remember a single story of crime from the refugees. In fact, the stories i saw said the opposite. We could ask for evidence to back up the libel against fellow americans hurt by a hurricane but what's the point? Some punks choose lying when it suits their agenda.

Just because you're ignorant of something, does not mean it didn't happen.

Read the provided links.
Read the above quotes.

If you're man enough, you can admit you're wrong and apologize.

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I looked at two links karrie provided-both said houston pd said overall crime was down from the previous year although murder rates had increased. Where are the links to the above quotes? Please give specific post number.

Post #440.

You can admit you're wrong - if you're man enough to do so.

Upvote 0

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are you really unable to tell the difference between a personal opinion and a blanket statement?
if the attempted insults were to stop, I might actually consider your arguments.

Your and Karrie's claims that all New Orleans refugees are murderous rapists. Or rapacious murderers, whichever you like.
please either support your libelous claim of what I posted or post a retraction. :)

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do peeps understand crime rates arent endemic to murder rates? Yes murder rates increased-this is the third time i have said that-but houston pd said overall crime decreased.

Spin Spin Spin

Why not just be man enough to admit that you were wrong...

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
if the attempted insults were to stop, I might actually consider your arguments.

please either support your libelous claim of what I posted or post a retraction. :)

You might as well save your breath. You will receive no measure of maturity or honesty from KommisserSteve. I've come to the conclusion that he's simply incapable of it.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Lol! The breitbart article in post #440 says-Houston police say overall misdemeanor and felony arrests are down from the previous year! I flippin love it when people post links themselves that proves their own claims false! What was that about being man enough? Lol-it's not spin to point out a rate hike in murders doesnt mean overall crime increased-it's called common sense. Even the houston police make that distinction. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KomissarSteve

Basileus
Feb 1, 2007
✟25,945.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Karrie made statements such as, and I quote, "I have no respect for that whole species out of NOLA. In fact, a great many of Houstonians don't." You posted your assent to her point of view. You made no distinction between her views and your own regarding whether or not all New Orleans refugees are characterized by a few felons. Therefore, the clear implication is that you agree with everything she said.

If you would like to make that distinction now, then please, by all means, do so. But otherwise, don't foist upon me the responsibility for reading between the lines of your vaguely-worded opinions.

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Lol! The breitbart article in post #440 says-Houston police say overall misdemeanor and felony arrests are down from the previous year! I flippin love it when people post links themselves that proves their own claims false! What was that about being man enough? Lol-it's not spin to point out a rate hike in murders doesnt mean overall crime increased-it's called common sense. Even the houston police make that distinction. :)

^_^ The facts repeatedly hit you square in the face, and you're too belligerent to simply admit that you are WRONG.

Here's the whole article. I'll highlight a few things for you!

Katrina Victims Blamed for Houston Crime
dot.gif
Aug 14 02:02 PM US/Eastern
By PAUL J. WEBER
Associated Press Writer

dot.gif
HOUSTON (AP) - A letter to inmate No. 1352951 and a cell phone bill for $76.63, both found in a soggy New Orleans duplex ruined by Hurricane Katrina, led Louisiana bounty hunter James Martin to Texas. Again.
It marked the seventh time since Katrina that Martin, whose pursuit of bail jumpers often begins with clues salvaged from abandoned New Orleans homes, has followed a trail to Texas.
"I don't think Texas really knows what they got," Martin said.
Katrina sent a lot of bad guys to Texas, as Houston is finding out.
Houston took in 150,000 evacuees—the most of any U.S. city—after Katrina struck on Aug. 29. Houston police believe the evacuees are partly responsible for a nearly 17.5 percent increase in homicides so far this year over the same period in 2005.
About 21 percent of Houston's 232 homicides through July 25 involved an evacuee as either a suspect or a victim, according to police, who attribute much of the bloodshed to fighting among rival New Orleans gang members.
"New Orleans allowed a lot of these guys to stay on the street for whatever reason or be picked up and released after 60 days," said Capt. Dale Brown, who oversees Houston's homicide division. "Texas law, I don't want to say it's tougher, but we take these offenses very seriously."
Judge Robert Eckels, chief executive of Harris County, which includes Houston, said Katrina evacuees arrested in the Houston have cost the county's criminal justice system more than $18 million. In June, Texas Gov. Rick Perry sent $19.5 million to Houston to help pay for additional officers and overtime to police the city after Katrina.
The police and the Harris County sheriff's department said they have no figures on how many Katrina evacuees have been arrested. Attention: Here's the one little sentence you took out of context to quote! Houston police said misdemeanor and felony arrests overall actually dropped last fall from the same period a year earlier. But the sheriff's department reported a 41 percent increase in felony arrests in November from the year before.
"I think some saw (Katrina) as an opportunity," Martin's bounty- hunting partner, Michael Wright, said of evacuees who fled New Orleans with criminal records. "No one knows who they are over here."
Katrina evacuees received fair warning when they arrived in Houston. Days after the storm, Mayor Bill White went on television, flanked by Houston police, and welcomed Katrina's bedraggled survivors with a stern warning that a jail cell was waiting for anyone who crossed the line.
Evacuee Vincent Wilson, a leader of the Katrina Survivors Association, was impressed. He said that in New Orleans before Katrina, "everyone knows that if the jail's crowded you get a slap on the hand and get released."
Eckels predicted the county's worst guests will go home once their federal assistance dries up. And if many choose to stick around, the county will be ready: "We don't put up with it here. If you break the law, you're going to be prosecuted."
Now... would you care to continue arguing the point, or do you just want to be a man and admit that you're wrong? Are you man enough to admit that you're wrong about this?

I didn't think so... :doh:

Upvote 0

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I clearly stated the avatar is not a self labeled idiot-its a cultural commentary but some people cant resist childish behaviour and dishonesty for a chance to insult others. Moreover, i live on the south shore of mass and i dont remember a single story of crime from the refugees. In fact, the stories i saw said the opposite. We could ask for evidence to back up the libel against fellow americans hurt by a hurricane but what's the point?
I must have had you on ignore while you made this claim.

As to the evacuees housed on the cape:

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20051018-063758-3479r

Katrina evacuees boozing up on Cape Cod
BOURNE, Mass., Oct. 18 (UPI) -- Hurricane Katrina evacuees using federal assistance money are living the high life with alcohol and strippers in Massachusetts, the Boston Herald said Tuesday.

The newspaper's investigation recorded "a virtual parade of evacuees from a bus stop in the Wal-Mart parking lot in Falmouth to nearby liquor stores.

"Some emerged and openly swilled from brown-bagged containers, while others poured booze into jugs or plastic cups and casually sipped drinks at the Wal-Mart bus stop."

At a Mashpee strip club, a dancer named Angel told the newspaper she had done several lap dances for evacuees, who tipped her $5 each time....

Some punks choose lying when it suits their agenda.
Can we expect a new avatar?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
My goodness! I already addressed this once. The original claim was crime for houston skyrocketed. Sheriffs cover COUNTIES not CITIES. People can keep ignoring the fact houston pd said overall crime decreased and everytime they do it reveals their preference for agenda over truth. Nobody disputed the murder rate increased. That wasnt even the claim. This is why my party is in trouble. Too many self righteous peeps who ignore facts that prove their claims wrong.

Upvote 0

NeTrips

Apr 20, 2007
✟9,125.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
My goodness! I already addressed this once. The original claim was crime for houston skyrocketed. Sheriffs cover COUNTIES not CITIES. People can keep ignoring the fact houston pd said overall crime decreased and everytime they do it reveals their preference for agenda over truth. Nobody disputed the murder rate increased. That wasnt even the claim. This is why my party is in trouble. Too many self righteous peeps who ignore facts that prove their claims wrong.

Hello pot... Kettle calling....

BTW how's the unicorn hunt coming along? We can't wait to see the conjured list of the vetoes that were upheld....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

No, that's why YOU are in so much trouble.

You can spin it, you can try to dodge and deflect - but here's the bottom line: You were/are WRONG in what you claimed. Dead wrong.

...and you're not man enough to admit it.

Upvote 0

ParsonJefferson

Mar 14, 2006
✟12,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The herald? Lol-all it says is some evacuees drank and went to strips clubs-things people on the south shore do every single day. Like i said-whats the point in asking for a claim to be supported? None was provided.

Just more evidence that you were/are wrong.

How much evidence do you need?

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Lol-ahhh-right on time with the ad homs. Here's the diff-i addressed the fact murders increased-those who are sticking by a proven false claim have not addressed the fact houston pd said overall crime decreased. Maybe we should put an age restriction on politics? Too many young people dont know how to address valid information.

Upvote 0