✟1,159,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i remember i loved more in 2005 & 2006
One thing I finally did was to begin to do the "greatest commandment" which Christ said.

Luke 10:27 He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

To turn off the TV, the smartphone, all the various things of the internet, radio, alarms, phone, all the distractions of any and every kind, and focus on loving God. The first time I did this it took maybe an hour or more (I'm not sure just how long, because it became timeless feeling). I focused on how much He had forgiven me for! -- this really helped me love with all of my heart. The soul is the quiet, constant part of yourself that continues there all the time, and one needs to turn off all the worldly noise to be with the soul, at times. I think the soul wants to love God, and you need only focus on it, and Him. I tried to do these all at once, to love Him with all of my heart, and all of my mind, and all of my soul, and all of my strength.

You can get to a place you'd never want to leave.

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One thing I finally did was to begin to do the "greatest commandment" which Christ said.

Luke 10:27 He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

To turn off the TV, the smartphone, all the various things of the internet, radio, alarms, phone, all the distractions of any and every kind, and focus on loving God. The first time I did this it took maybe an hour or more (I'm not sure just how long, because it became timeless feeling). I focused on how much He had forgiven me for! -- this really helped me love with all of my heart. The soul is the quiet, constant part of yourself that continues there all the time, and one needs to turn off all the worldly noise to be with the soul, at times. I think the soul wants to love God, and you need only focus on it, and Him. I tried to do these all at once, to love Him with all of my heart, and all of my mind, and all of my soul, and all of my strength.

Thank you for that post. I think, and I definitely include myself here, that we must be more mindful than ever about all the distractions that we must consciously battle against now.
I , myself am longing more and more to walk closer than ever with God and desire Him only.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for that post. I think, and I definitely include myself here, that we must be more mindful than ever about all the distractions that we must consciously battle against now.
I , myself am longing more and more to walk closer than ever with God and desire Him only.
This is why prayer and the Scriptures should be our constant pursuit, right? and all the other activities which flow from them...

Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And having made this post, I have even come on the forum and spent too long here and get distracted from my time with God.
I have to get my priorities straight, because even something good like this forum can work as a distraction.

I do like the forums though because it helps me to not only communicate with Christians but also reminds me I am not alone.

So its a case of the narrow path we tread really as Christians.

So I'm off to spend time with God alone..:)

Upvote 0

jamesbond007

Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2018
Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

14702329_1688654054785033_1723275191271155751_n.jpg

Yes.

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
i remember i loved more in 2005 & 2006
There's a lot of common temptations (and "little foxes" stealing the tiny fruit) worldwide robbing believers of joy and peace.
The love of many grows cold due to the lack (or seeming slowness, or the slowness) of justice, as written.

King David Prayed "RESTORE to me the JOY of THY SALVATION, and CReATe in me a CLEAN HEART OH YAHWEH ! "
and
Yahweh answered YES and AMEN and HALLELUYAH! Perfectly and Uplifting!

The whole world is much much worse than it was a hundred years ago, and is getting worse fast, daily.

Where is our hope ? ONLY IN CHRIST CRUCIFIED !

So we turn to Him for help every day, for every need. We go straight to the THRONE IN HEAVEN of the CREATOR, for HIS GRACE and SUPPLY and PROVISION in any and all time of need.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
people too mean
Jesus comes to the rescue !

He warned and warns all the permanent (and maybe also some of the ones who departed from Him in unbelief) disciples of Jesus that we all will be hated by the world/ society / BECAUSE it hates Jesus first - and thus it hates everyone who is seeking to live by faith and grace IN JESUS WAY.

Then Jesus SAYS BE OF GOOD CHEER !?!? - "I (Jesus) HAVE OVERCOME the world" and thus He shows He has power to save everyone who will turn to Him and call on Him and take refuge IN HIM ! YES !

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
people too mean

That should propel you to loving them even more. Why would you allow your love to wane simply because of their meanness? That's speaks loud volumes of a personal problem within you, which would apply to any of the rest of us as well. Pointing outwards at others for the level of love you shine outward has the cart before the horse.

I do not apologize for not riding on any bandwagon with all others around here. Group-think is too prone to fallacy.

Jr

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That should propel you to loving them even more. Why would you allow your love to wane simply because of their meanness? That's speaks loud volumes of a personal problem within you, which would apply to any of the rest of us as well. Pointing outwards at others for the level of love you shine outward has the cart before the horse.

I do not apologize for not riding on any bandwagon with all others around here. Group-think is too prone to fallacy.

Jr
obey and follow Jesus. little children being hurt / harmed/ yelled at/ criticized by others won't stay around those others.

If Yahweh loves someone, and directs you to love them, (i.e. obey Yahweh and do always what is best for them) .. good and true and right.

If Yahweh says to not stay in the presence of an angry man, etc , when possible to not to,
obey Yahweh.
Always obey Yahweh.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
obey and follow Jesus. little children being hurt / harmed/ yelled at/ criticized by others won't stay around those others.

If Yahweh loves someone, and directs you to love them, (i.e. obey Yahweh and do always what is best for them) .. good and true and right.

If Yahweh says to not stay in the presence of an angry man, etc , when possible to not to,
obey Yahweh.
Always obey Yahweh.
why do you use yahweh name?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
why do you use yahweh name?
IT is His Name in Hebrew, that Yahweh (YHWH) told Moses to tell the people who He Is.
Many Jews and faithful gentiles learning His Name and His Way in Yeshua practice the Hebrew more than before.

Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
IT is His Name in Hebrew, that Yahweh (YHWH) told Moses to tell the people who He Is.
Many Jews and faithful gentiles learning His Name and His Way in Yeshua practice the Hebrew more than before.
a name or other doesnt change nothing god

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
a name or other doesnt change nothing god
Ask Yahweh , Jesus, or God, for His Wisdom and His Understanding as He Gives to all men generously and without reproach, as long as they are not double-minded. (James)

When Authority is With a Name, it makes all the difference....

Upvote 0