I'm moving to Australia, because their president is a Christian!

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think it has more to do with her being an ignorant, [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]-sure, whiny right-winger than it has to do with religion.

At the very least it should be because she posted about Australia having a President rather than a Prime Minister.

To those trying to turn this thread into a religious war, stop it. Dumb people say dumb things. Heck, smart people say dumb things. This one just happened to have a religious subtext to a political context.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
OK, a bunch of non Christians making fun of a stupid Christian, on a Christian forum, that make you feel better?

And this means they are making fun of all Christians how? You see I don't automatically assume it is the fact that they are Christian they are making fun of. Especially since this is the political sub forum and it is in response to a political statement. Seems to me they are making fun of the "I'm taking my ball and leaving!" attitude that appears to be coupled with a lack of awareness evidenced by their ignorance of the dynamics of their threat.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,323.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Hahaha, so if I post some stupid thing an atheist says and post it on a forum, people there aren't going to get mad?

Be my guest. It's not like Atheists don't say stupid things and I promise you I won't take it as an indictment of all atheists. (Unless you frame it as such of course)

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not a bad idea. The only thing you guys need is a super cool mobile phone company. Oh wait, you have one: Jolla Ltd!

Right there, I think you have the right idea. :thumbsup: Watch this date: November 21-22.

BTW, I want to see some backing on that gun stat. There is about one gun per person here in the USA, last I checked.

Yes, USA has more guns per capita, easily, true. However, Finland actually has more armed households. In the US, guns are concentrated in the hands of the few: 74% of US gun owners own two or more guns, but only 25% of household own guns. In Finland, it's close to 50%. Therefore, I think it's fair to say that Finland is better armed, as almost half of Finnish households have guns. Also, roughly half of Finnish population is trained to use guns, due to the mandatory male conscription.

A well armed population -- that would be the conservative dreamland, wouldn't it?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A well armed population -- that would be the conservative dreamland, wouldn't it?

Not Finland. The majority of them live in the South and there's too much snow, they don't ski and prefer beer to vodka or aquavit.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not Finland. The majority of them live in the South and there's too much snow, they don't ski and prefer beer to vodka or aquavit.

Hey, the majority of Finns also live in the south. And Finland has snow only for six months of the year! The other six months it's 24/7 sunshine. Those nightless summers, baby.

As to booze, Finns don't discriminate, as long as it's alcohol and gets you drunk. Finns have been drinking beer since times immemorial and rank as the world's 9th beer guzzling country well ahead of the US (yes, I checked!). And P.S., by beer, we don't mean Budweiser, the stuff that passes for "beer".

So we have religion, guns, and beer.

Upvote 0

TemperateSeaIsland

Mae hen wlad fy nhadau yn annwyl i mi
Aug 7, 2005
Wales, UK
✟21,785.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hey, the majority of Finns also live in the south. And Finland has snow only for six months of the year! The other six months it's 24/7 sunshine. Those nightless summers, baby.

As to booze, Finns don't discriminate, as long as it's alcohol and gets you drunk. Finns have been drinking beer since times immemorial and rank as the world's 9th beer guzzling country well ahead of the US (yes, I checked!). And P.S., by beer, we don't mean Budweiser, the stuff that passes for "beer".

So we have religion, guns, and beer.

Oh don't be unfair, Americans have some decent beers. Using Bud as a yardstick would be like saying that Europe has awful beer by citing Carlesberg. Back in my drinking days I tried a few lesser known American beers and they were quite decent. Blue moon made me very sick though but I suspect that was because it was a Witbier and I've always been a bit dodgy with those.

Taking this thread full circle, I can't think of any decent Australian beers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kalevalatar

Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I fully support anybody who wants to leave the country because their political supa star didn't win as long as they give up their citizenship and never come back.

We don't need cowards who leave because they lose. It is thru failure that we gain insight and progress to try again.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
xlarge.jpg

This statement is the perfect example of:

fractal-wrong.jpg

You can see the details of why this is in an amusing article, here, but this does raise an interesting point. For all the people who are threatening to move due to this election, where are you going to go? I doubt that there is anywhere else more to your liking...
It's hilarious to see people claim Christ and yet talk on moving to Austraila if the president won....and as others have pointed out, Austraila has many of the SAME THINGs the president voted for/wanted to advocate:

UhsVm-600x500.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have a President? Who is he? ;)

This image seems fitting and before anyone gets all offended...it's a joke, saw it on reddit. Being that people are getting offended just from the tweet, clearly a disclaimer is needed before humour is used.

redditimageonrepublican.jpg

The same guy we had last year. I'm sure you remember him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums