Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
...shortly after Christmas. I've decided on this, on my inner right wrist, facing so that it will be right-side-up from the perspective of someone who is shaking my hand.

ichthyschirho.png

You probably recognize the ichthys. The symbol in the middle is the chi rho, one of the oldest Christian symbols, "χρ" being the first two letters of the Greek for "Christos". It has also been used to stand for "Christus Rex", or Christ is King. Although that usage is obviously limited by the fact that the letters are Greek and the language is Latin, it still appeals to me (see my signature).

Reactions: eckhart

Takkles

Hmmmm...
Oct 30, 2012
✟8,152.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Congratulations. Le 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am God.

You do know what you're quoting right? Because I see what you're trying to do, but you don't even know that you're not proving anything by quoting that verse.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Congratulations. Le 19:28 Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am God.

That's a command given to Jews, not Gentiles. I have respect for Messianic Jews that keep this, but the rest of us certainly don't need to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

twnsrkr

I'm glad to be a follower of Christ rather than of Moses. I can use my tattoo for the gospel's sake, with a completely clear conscience. U mad?

The Messiah stated the law was a requirement in order to achieve life.

Mt 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

and

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.

Upvote 0

Takkles

Hmmmm...
Oct 30, 2012
✟8,152.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Mt 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

This passage in Leviticus, including the surrounding text, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israelites.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
P

Paulie079

and

Mt 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.

Not what those mean....

Upvote 0