Visit site
✟83,577.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By "my Paraclete," I mean the point of connection where the Holy Spirit contacts my human spirit. My spirit is like an electric socket, and the Holy Spirit is the power station. He provides an extension cord to plug into my spirit.

KJV, Genesis 2:

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
When God created man, a (detached) breath of life entered his nostrils and settled in the sphenoid sinus. (See appendix.) That divine breath became the man's spirit. He became a living soul.

Ezekiel prophesied in 36:, the Paraclete dwells in my human spirit, which is in touch with my

26 I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
I believe that Ezekiel prophesied on the Indwelling Paraclete in the NT.

Etymology:

Paraclete comes from the Koine Greek word παράκλητος (paráklētos). A combination of para ('beside/alongside') and kalein ('to call') ... often used of one called to help in a lawcourt. In the Jewish tradition the word was transcribed with Hebrew letters and used for angels, prophets, and the just as advocates before God's court.
When I was born of the Spirit, the Paraclete dwelled in my human spirit. Romans 8:

16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children.
The Paraclete is in touch with my conscience, Romans 9:

1 I am speaking the truth in Christ—I am not lying; my conscience bears me witness in the Holy Spirit.
The human spirit and conscience are housed in the sphenoid sinus (Gen 2:7). The Paraclete is the Holy Spirit's tentacular connection (a branch) to our human spirit.

As we grow spiritually, the Paraclete strengthens our inner being, Ephesians 3:

16 according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith … 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Whenever I focus on the Paraclete, I always sense peace, John 14:

26 But the Helper [Paraclete], the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Isaiah 26:

3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.
When the Paraclete first took up residence in my human spirit, I did not feel a thing. Some people may feel it. I didn't. However, some months later, I started sensing his speaking in my conscience. I could sense his peace in here and there. Some years later, I could sense his peace consistently any time, any day, whenever I focused on him. Right now, I can sense the Paraclete in me. 99% of the time, I don't feel anything except peace, internal peace. It is a feeling of peaceful connection. Other times, I feel joy, e.g., when I worship :)

Appendix: Where is the sphenoid sinus?

It is behind your eyes and nose before the imaginary plane formed by the two ears in the middle of the skull.

r/BibleVerseCommentary - Where is my Paraclete?
Behind our natural eyes are our spiritual eyes. Between our natural ears are our spiritual ears.

Last edited: