I'm considering trying online dating again.

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hEE6D88FE

overlyattachedgf.jpg

tumblr_mguh9aDbtX1s2vv1ho1_400.gif

They exist.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure. But they also tend to have the sort of boyfriends who give them cause to be jealous. :p

No, not really. Some are just like that no matter what.

You could have 9 kids with her, wedding ring, have every woman on the face of the planet turn into a fleshless zombie, she would STILL be jealous saying things such as "Do you think that zombie has a better body than mine" even if you were blind and everything said you were commuted to only her, it wouldnt be enough. How could you possibly love them when they cant love themselves?

Of course in fairness there are guys like that too, but.... those people are out there.^_^

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you won't do it, I won't either. I'll pray for you if you pray for me. What about that? And God just puts 'em in front of our house with a red rose.
But to be serious, I got a good tip from someone who just married someone from a christian datingsite. She prayed, made her account, was still typing and he already had sent her a message. First one was the one. Don't forget to pray if you do it.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dating sites aren't bad, so I won't talk you out of it. What I will do is try to persuade you not to do it when you're feeling desperate about meeting someone. Because that comes across to the women you're trying to talk to. If you can do it with a rational state of mind as a means to merely meet people you wouldn't meet in every day life, go for it. But don't do it if you view it as your saviour or a last ditch effort to find love or anything like that. See it for what it is: a means of meeting new people. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I got a good tip from someone who just married someone from a christian datingsite. She prayed, made her account, was still typing and he already had sent her a message. First one was the one.

I've sent out hundreds of messages and gotten exactly two replies back. Both scammers. So I'm pretty sure I'm considering doing it again because of a momentary lapse of reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rose of Eden

Queen of CF and Child of God
Sep 22, 2010
Florida
Visit site
✟22,366.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Dating sites aren't bad, so I won't talk you out of it. What I will do is try to persuade you not to do it when you're feeling desperate about meeting someone. Because that comes across to the women you're trying to talk to. If you can do it with a rational state of mind as a means to merely meet people you wouldn't meet in every day life, go for it. But don't do it if you view it as your saviour or a last ditch effort to find love or anything like that. See it for what it is: a means of meeting new people. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I second this.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
well in your current confused frame of mind.

If you were a girl would you date you?

I've actually asked myself that question...Sharon, if you were a guy, would you date you?

The answer is always No.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wannaberocker

Aug 26, 2012
✟15,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've actually asked myself that question...Sharon, if you were a guy, would you date you?

The answer is always No.
Really, a bit harsh on yourself aint ya.

BTW Does it make me a narcissist, if every time I ask myself that question. My general response is always "I would totally date me".

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The answer is always No.

Same here. Mostly because the answer always HAS been "no" in real life.

Actually trying to think of myself in those terms makes me a bit nauseous.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really, a bit harsh on yourself aint ya.

BTW Does it make me a narcissist, if every time I ask myself that question. My general response is always "I would totally date me".

Not really. Just being a realist.

Upvote 0