Jul 18, 2004
✟19,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well, as you can see by my new avatar and signature, the Divine Liturgy affected me personally. I am going forward with my conversion to Orthodoxy now. As soon as I finish The Orthodoxy Way, I will meet with a priest to ask questions and discuss working towards Catechumenate. Hopefully I will be in full communion by the end of my senior year in high school. Currently, I'm a junior.

Now I need your help, that of God, and of the saints more than I ever have before. I need the courage to turn against almost 1,000 years of so-called "progress." I need the courage to destroy the last remnants of my agnosticism. I need the faith to follow God without looking back. Most of all though, I need love, which is God Himself. Pray that my will becomes that of God. Pray that I might serve Him beyond my ability to do so. Pray, and I will likewise pray for you.

May we keep ourselves holy and righteous here at TAW. We may not fully realize this, but we are one of the top online Orthodox organizations now. Millions of people might be coming to our forum every month. May God give us the wisdom to make thoughtful, honest posts. After all, It was your kindness that helped to initially win me over. If not for you all, I would probably have fallen completely into agnosticism. That was where I was headed, but by the grace of our Savior Lord Jesus Christ, you caught me and lifted me up to the heavens. For this, I give thanks.

Every week that passes, my faith grows stronger, and the divine image within me becomes more and more as the likeness of God. I love and personally know the Most Holy Trinity now, but I never will understand Him. I have chosen to embark on an eternal journey. May it never end.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy upon us sinners.

Reactions: Marjorie

ufonium2

Seriously, stop killing kids.
Nov 2, 2003
Visit site
✟12,536.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think that what Brunckvic is saying is that the Sacred Heart idea is generally Catholic, and not seen in Orthodox iconography. Not to stir up the whole Monastery Icons thing again, but I would suggest to our newer members that it might be worth your time to do a search here about them, and read a little about their history (and present) before supporting them financially or otherwise, assuming you don't already know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Esran said:
Well, as you can see by my new avatar and signature, the Divine Liturgy affected me personally. I am going forward with my conversion to Orthodoxy now. As soon as I finish The Orthodoxy Way, I will meet with a priest to ask questions and discuss working towards Catechumenate. Hopefully I will be in full communion by the end of my senior year in high school. Currently, I'm a junior.

Now I need your help, that of God, and of the saints more than I ever have before. I need the courage to turn against almost 1,000 years of so-called "progress." I need the courage to destroy the last remnants of my agnosticism. I need the faith to follow God without looking back. Most of all though, I need love, which is God Himself. Pray that my will becomes that of God. Pray that I might serve Him beyond my ability to do so. Pray, and I will likewise pray for you.

May we keep ourselves holy and righteous here at TAW. We may not fully realize this, but we are one of the top online Orthodox organizations now. Millions of people might be coming to our forum every month. May God give us the wisdom to make thoughtful, honest posts. After all, It was your kindness that helped to initially win me over. If not for you all, I would probably have fallen completely into agnosticism. That was where I was headed, but by the grace of our Savior Lord Jesus Christ, you caught me and lifted me up to the heavens. For this, I give thanks.

Every week that passes, my faith grows stronger, and the divine image within me becomes more and more as the likeness of God. I love and personally know the Most Holy Trinity now, but I never will understand Him. I have chosen to embark on an eternal journey. May it never end.

In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
O Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, have mercy upon us sinners.

Glory be to God!
:) I am very happy for you that you are joining us on the road to salvation! I hope you will find that God is merciful and that He makes "your path straight".

Love,
Suzannah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.