im a little lost here

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My band has a show coming up, the flyers they made i am sure were with pirated software off the internet. and now theres a comment on my bands myspace page with the flyer they made. should i delete it because it was made with pirated software?
Quick hit the DELETE button!

Upvote 0

nathan57

Aug 24, 2007
✟15,283.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I undertand what you mean, but i look at the passage where Jesus is questioned about paying taxes. "Give to ceasar what is ceasars and to God what is God's."

Those companies have boat loads of money, but regardless of how rich they are it wouldnt be right for us to take from it.

That being said i dont want this thread to flip into a debate

Upvote 0

pete56

A Beloved Son of God!
Apr 13, 2004
✟19,616.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You did the right thing!

We use all sorts of 'polite' words to describe what is essentially theft!

Pirating software is theft! Yes the prices charged by some is extortionate but a lot of resources are invested in software development and if we do not pay for our software then prices will stay high, because those of us that do pay will be charged for those that do not!

So using pirated software is theft from the company and takes money from the honest punters too!

Well done brother for deleting the software, now go and find some freeware or shareware to do what you need and do it legally!

Pete

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pirated software is theft. If you do not pay for it, it is dishonest and theft.

My son is an actor. He was in a movie that we saw on opening day. The next day, there were bootleg DVDs on the street where we were walking. He talked about the loss of revenue to the movie companies.

Just because they charge a lot of money for the software does not justify stealing it.

You did the right thing and I am proud that you did.

Upvote 0