Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Yes and no.

Yes, on the basis that you should NOW be aware that your youth MUST be enjoyed to the absolute fullest while you're still young.

But no, on the basis that you're nearly an entire decade younger than me and I still consider myself a very young man. And you should not be stifled by your own anxiety. You've got too much to be enjoying.

Don't fall into comfort zones. Regularly ask the question "what would I do if I wasn't afraid?" And make confident decisions in everything you do. Father time can't be stopped, but you can slow him down somewhat by constantly trying new things and becoming obsessed with mastering them.

Getting older is a privilege. So many dear friends of mine never even made it to thirty - one particular friend of mine fell off a balcony before his 18th. So if you're awarded the gift of old age, enjoy THAT as well. And all of the joy, wisdom and contentment that comes with it. I actually like getting older. I'm only in my 30s but I already have so many stories to tell.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟65,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm 23 but have sever anxiety scared about the future am I too young to worry about myself in old age

Pray to God about your worries. I know the future is scary with all the things that are happening right now.

Philippians 4:6 AMP: Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests known to God.

1 Peter 5:7 NIV: Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But no, on the basis that you're nearly an entire decade younger than me and I still consider myself a very young man.
And the older we get the older "old" becomes. I will be 70 in two years. I still think I am young.

Upvote 0

IceJad

May 23, 2005
✟100,160.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I'm 23 but have sever anxiety scared about the future am I too young to worry about myself in old age

You should always plan for the future however not to the point that frighten you to indecisiveness and inaction. I'm not sure exactly what about old age you're worried about. Old age is inevitable and may be scary. Take each day as it comes while keep looking at the future.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You should always plan for the future however not to the point that frighten you to indecisiveness and inaction. I'm not sure exactly what about old age you're worried about. Old age is inevitable and may be scary. Take each day as it comes while keep looking at the future.
What scares me is that I don't have iRL friends as my area is a rough place so I have online friends but when I get old in scared to lose friends and family. Its scares me to be alone

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
And the older we get the older "old" becomes. I will be 70 in two years. I still think I am young.

Probably helps that you've kept with the times somewhat. I know a lot of people in their mid to late 50s who DO think they're old and refuse to drop the transistor radio.

I also know one to two 80 year old's who are well acquainted with the year 2023 and maintain a timeless youthfulness. I'll tell you what, I'll even throw Sir McCartney into that hat too - the guy who headlined Glastonbury at the age of 80.

Keeping "with it" is fundamental I think. But not completely with it though, because not even *I* will be appearing on TikTok anytime soon.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Now is a good time to exercise, eat right and take good care of yourself so that you are healthy in your old age.

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟87,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not only is there no such thing as too young to plan for old age, (even if it's not worry), how much you put into Medicare and Social Security during your life determines how much you get back, if the programs even exist at all. You have been warned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums