Illinois!

J

johnhusswannabe

mistertee49 said:
Not from Chicago but still live in the State of Illinois. How about 4 1/2 hours south of the big city. I live Olney, home of the White Squirrels, population a little over 9,000. Located on U.S. 50 about 36 miles from the Indiana border.
My old basketball coach grew up in Olney, Ill. His name is Tony Phelps and married a woman named Barbera, but i do not know her maiden name. I believe the families still live there. With a town that small I think there is not a bad chance you have heard of them.

Upvote 0

Pure_Catholic

Dec 14, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Catholic
Hey Guys!

I'm about an hour a half away from Chicago! Well, depending on traffic ;)

I actually just moved up here about 2 years ago from Southern Illinois. Very Very Southern Tip of Illinois. Hardin County...Shawnee National Forest...anyone heard of it?

I've heard of Olney and the white squirrels! Isn't that the only town in the world where white squirrles will live? or something like that, eh?

Anyway, good to see some other people from Illinois! :D

Upvote 0

LarryM

-
Oct 19, 2002
Visit site
✟7,836.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pure_Catholic said:
Hey Guys!
I actually just moved up here about 2 years ago from Southern Illinois. Very Very Southern Tip of Illinois. Hardin County...Shawnee National Forest...anyone heard of it? :D
Shure have ... Shawnee National Forest brings back some fantastic memories.

But I saw it from underneath. I was a student in the early 1960's and was tracing underground water flows in southern Illinois and Indiana for a Geology project.

Larry

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
Ministries - Christian TV in Central Illinois

Christian Television in Central Illinois

Letter from Carl Geisendorfer of Believers Broadcasting Corporation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings in the name of Jesus Christ our Lord.

To all the saints, pastors, teachers, evangelists, elders, and spiritual leaders of the Decatur area, please allow me to introduce myself.

I’m Carl Geisendorfer of Quincy, Illinois, your brother in Christ.

The Lord spoke to me in a prayer about 20 years ago to build a radio and television station in Quincy. WTJR-TV, Channel 16, has been on the air since 1984. We broadcast 24/7 at 1,020,000 watts from a 900-foot tower.

KJIR Radio 91.7 has been broadcasting about two years. Our studios and offices for television and radio are located at 220 N. 6th Street in Quincy, and our board of directors and staff invite you to come and see what the Lord has done through Believers Broadcasting here in Quincy, Illinois.

Three years ago, when Channel 23 was selling, my heart was moved to pray the Lord to keep Channel 23 in Christian hands. I offered myself to the Lord to be used in any way to bring the answer to that prayer.

Last year, the opportunity came to purchase the old Channel 23 transmitter site in Oreana, Illinois—including land, 1,020-foot tower, building, transmitter, generator, and all rights and privileges pertaining to the site.

It is now debt-free. Praise the Lord!

It is on our heart to use the old Channel 23 facility to minister the Gospel through this medium to the Decatur, Springfield, Champaign/Urbana, Bloomington/Normal areas using local studios with area ministries and talent.

Pastors can also set up high quality digital cameras and editing systems at their churches for less than $12,000 to record their church service, to be shown on this station, and create their own programs to update the audience on area happenings, feature ministries, testimonies and special guests.

The one thing needed is for the church (Body of Christ) to work together with a heart to reach the lost with the Gospel and love for our brothers and sisters in Christ, who will be ministered to because of your obedience to Christ.

The first thing we must do is pray the will of God be done and for all our hearts to be as our Lord’s heart—a heart to work in this harvest field.

We need 100,000 signatures from people in the areas mentioned. There’s no age limit, but the person must be living in the coverage area. We would like to have approximately the same percentage of names from each area, including the county areas.

Sign, download & fwd to friends!

Details @ www.gladtidingsag.com

(Glad Tidings Church is on Airport Road, near Decatur Airport)

Engineering for the license application is being done, but part of the application requires the 100,000 to prove the people’s desire in the community. The FCA acknowledges that we the people actually own the airwaves—it is a national resource. These signatures are a vital part of the application to the FCC for a channel license.

I look forward to meeting all of you and sharing more about this wonderful opportunity that awaits the Lord’s church in the Decatur area. God bless you all in Christ Jesus.

Yours Very Truly In Christ,

Carl Geisendorfer
President, Believers Broadcasting
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

No news @ my US work visa yet, guys? :mad:

Ya know ya need this Brit on a mobile crew to cover events all over Magically Marvellous Midwest Heart of the Nation!! :help:

God bless!

Ian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

princess heart

princess in training
Jan 22, 2004
Midwest USA
✟15,949.00
Faith
Christian
mrversatile48 said:

Ya know ya need this Brit on a mobile crew to cover events all over Magically Marvellous Midwest Heart of the Nation!! :help:

God bless!

Ian
Just in case the reader has not come across any of this saga elsewhere... Ian and I are engaged. We have agreed to live in Illinois for at least a couple of years as I still have one child in school. Since neither of us are independantly wealthy, it would be good if he had a job before he arrives.;) It would be wonderful if you would pray that he could secure one soon... and if you had any practical suggestions for how to promote his talents to that end would be really appreciated and can be sent to me via PM... you can try Ian's PM also, but he is frequently over quota.:help: (He can sing, has a wonderful speaking voice with fantastic diction plus being a talented mimic!) It would be wonderful if a church in the midwest could use him on their staff.

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
mrversatile48 said:
Ministries - Christian TV in Central Illinois

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

God bless!

Ian
Ian,
How long does it usually take to get the visa? Hurry up and come over here we need you brother! I will be in prayer that the Lord will post haste push that permit through!

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
princess heart said:
Just in case the reader has not come across any of this saga elsewhere... Ian and I are engaged. We have agreed to live in Illinois for at least a couple of years as I still have one child in school. Since neither of us are independantly wealthy, it would be good if he had a job before he arrives.;) It would be wonderful if you would pray that he could secure one soon... and if you had any practical suggestions for how to promote his talents to that end would be really appreciated and can be sent to me via PM... you can try Ian's PM also, but he is frequently over quota.:help: (He can sing, has a wonderful speaking voice with fantastic diction plus being a talented mimic!) It would be wonderful if a church in the midwest could use him on their staff.
I will certainly be praying for him may you both have many blessed years together in the Lord.

Upvote 0

mrversatile48

Jan 19, 2004
Merseyside
✟2,810.00
Faith
Christian
crystalpc said:
Ian,
How long does it usually take to get the visa? Hurry up and come over here we need you brother! I will be in prayer that the Lord will post haste push that permit through!

Macon County Churches Together may well feel it most appropriate that such an itinerant evangelist is clearly shown to help all God's people, whatever the label over the door

I would love to be of practical help to community projects like a "contact & care service" to help elderly/disabled etc folk - I was a Befriender & Bereavement Counsellor in a UK Govt-funded 1, & Leah-Ann says that many Decatur folk were made redundant when major factories closed, & there are quite a number of elderly & disabled folk

City should therefore be a high-priority area for "faith community social renewal project" Govt funds?

Nearby towns & cities may have/need that kinda thing?

Such projects really pull Christians together & let unsaved folk see the love of Christ in the most vital ways! :clap:

(Recording/broadcasting projects are most likely part time?)

Thanks for your prayers, y'all :wave:

Ian

Upvote 0