If you weren't Methodist/Nazarene...

If you weren't Methodist/Nazarene, you would be...

• Methodist

• Nazarene

• Anglican/Episcopalian

• Roman Catholic

• Presbyterian/URC

• Pentecostal

• Eastern Orthodox

• Baptist

• Non-denominational

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

GraceSeeker

Jul 2, 2007
USA
✟17,297.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's what I hate about this whole "icon" thing...I attend a UMC church on Saturday nights, but I am employed as a music director by a Southern Baptist church! I wish there was some way to signify I'm both!

Nope, sorry. That's like saying that if your father's family name was Thanth and your mother's family name was Etter and you get married to an Erest and your first name was Beatrice you might consider yourself B.EtterThanthErest. :D

Upvote 0

Zoness

667, neighbor of the beast
Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2008
Illinois
✟468,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Long time no see. Been praying for you and wondering how you and broken one are doing.

We don't talk much but we are both eh...going through the motions I guess you could say. I really appreciate your prayers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jeremiah's Calling

His Majesties' Royal Ambassador to NE Alabama
Aug 20, 2010
His Majesties' Royal Embassy in NE AL
✟15,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I see that Nazarene/Methodist or whatever are options in the poll- even though it says if you weren't one of those... And I see that those are not popular responses. That's interesting. Are people saying that if they weren't already such they wouldn't want to be?

I see "other" is the most popular answer. Hmm. I'd have to agree.

Upvote 0

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I see that Nazarene/Methodist or whatever are options in the poll- even though it says if you weren't one of those...

That was for if you considered yourself Methodist, then you could opt for Nazarene and vice versa.

I don't know for everyone who responded but I didn't choose Nazarene because it's not a denomination I know that much about (it's very small over here, on fact it's that small I didn't know about it until I joined CF :blush:) and chose Anglican because that's the natural home for any British Christian. My choice wasn't made on any rejection of the CotN, but for other reasons.

Upvote 0

Redheadedstepchild

Child of God
Site Supporter
Jun 3, 2007
2 weeks from everywhere
✟69,214.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
I think Jeremiah you are misreading the question. I am happily UMC, but if there was no UMC church around my area I would look at either the Wesleyan or Lutheran churches, both of which were left off the poll options.

I'd chose Nazarene but I have a feeling they are more contemporary than I'd prefer. The same may be true of the Wesleyan church - to be honest I'm guessing they are more traditional but I don't know that for a fact.

Since I'm here I'd like to remind everyone of the congregational rule. :)

Congregation Forums
Forum members who are not a member of that denomination may not debate in that denomination's area. Questions and fellowship are allowed, proselytizing is not.

Reactions: Historicus
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I think Jeremiah you are misreading the question. I am happily UMC, but if there was no UMC church around my area I would look at either the Wesleyan or Lutheran churches, both of which were left off the poll options.

My bad :sorry: Of all the things I can claim to do, making polls on CF isn't one of them.

Upvote 0