Toano
✟17,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
They are still melting. I live in Northern Ohio and most everything here was effected by the glaciers.
Of course they're melting (most of them). That doesn't mean much of anything if Alaska and Canada was completely covered with ice.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Of course they're melting (most of them). That doesn't mean much of anything if Alaska and Canada was completely covered with ice.
They were covered with Ice and Flordia was a lot bigger than it is now. The biggest problem from the climate change is the level of the ocean and the issue of storm surges that cause flooding.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions? The stronger your belief in a proposition, the higher the weight.
If 10 is the most you will give me than I put a 10 on Noah's flood being "local" from OUR perspective. The issue is does Science contradict the Bible. I do not think there is a contradiction but we do have to interpret the word "Earth" to mean the ground or the soil or red clay that God formed Adam from in Eden. All of the eco systems make up the BioSphere. Chapter three in our High School Biology book. In this state this is required reading to qualify for a High School diploma. There is a difference between a Biosphere and a Eco system in science in that the BioSphere is all of the Ecosystems or the whole earth. In the Bible the earth can mean just Eden, and Earth can also be used to mean the whole BioSphere. This is where people get into trouble when they interpret Earth to mean the whole Biosphere and not just Eden or the Land God took Adam from.

We know that Adam and his descendants can not exist without food. If you want to save or preserve Adams descendants you have to provide them with food to Eat. That is what Noah did. We can read about these plants and animals in the Bible. For example herbs in the Bible are rue, dill, cummin, black cummin, frankincense, cinnamon, cassia, myrrh, black mustard, coriander, mint, saffron, ginger grass, syrian hyssop, aloes(eagle wood), manna which have the flavor, aroma, and medical values. This is what was on Noah's Ark.

I give it a ten based on how I interpret and define the word Earth. People who give it a zero do the exact same thing. They base their belief on their understanding and interpretation of the word Earth. Even though we all refer to the ground as earth.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Flooding from storm surge is an issue. We see this already in New Orleans and New York City. Also the permafrost is a problem because is is starting to melt in some areas. There are people losing their homes from both of these issues. Mostly people that are native to the land. My son lived in Alaska and his girlfriend was a native Alaskan. Her father and her children lived in their village but she lived in Anchorage.

Upvote 0