Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let proposition P1 = Paul demanded all Christians to keep the weekly Saturday Sabbaths.
P2 = Paul did not demand all Christians to keep the weekly Saturday Sabbaths.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions?

Are you willing to bet based on your weighting scheme?

Demonstrate the strength of your belief by betting according to your Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

For my logical reasoning on this topic, see:

Last edited:

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bet on it? Not sure what you mean. I had this dream once. In real life was working where my mom did. There was this restaurant in front and a Bar through these double doors. So I had this dream and it was that place and I had put 25c in and got this card out and scratched it off and won. Now this was 40 years ago. Anyway the bartender told me what I won.. all this cash and takes me behind the bar pulls open this drawer and a huge bottle of Champaign. That part was kook because .. the dream is how I knew those bottles were real I had never seen one or heard of one. So I said I don't drink. I was going to a bible study at that time and those that ran the bible study were at the bar but they had strange drinks. Like a test tube? Well wide at the top but got smaller at the bottom and ooh the colors were like the rainbow. He comes over tells me I must repent.

Then to my right this alter red was there. Then it all changed and everyone I knew was standing around this bush that was on fire yet not burning and the place was all white. As I started to put the check I won in the fire I started to doubt.. and the dream was over. HAHA its what I think about when it comes to betting :)

What should Christians do on the Sabbath well.. I never made the Sabbath and I have not been given any authority on what any believer must be doing. If they asked me personally I would share. Should I be going to Church all the time? Yes amen not because GOD SAID.. that's there yet.. mostly because I love Him and its just in me. Now what if I don't go to Church? I know well known preacher a man of God said "and those that call them selfs Christians yet don't go to Church" haha praise GOD.... I understand but.. the way he said it is not right... I disagree. I like home Churches.. the way it was.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Let proposition P1 = Paul demanded all Christians to keep the weekly Sabbaths.
P2 = Paul did not demand all Christians to keep the weekly Sabbaths.

Between 0 and 10, how much weight do you put on each of the above propositions?

Are you willing to bet based on your weighting scheme?

Demonstrate the strength of your belief by betting according to your Subjective (Bayesian) Probability.

For my logical reasoning on this topic, see:
Paul taught Gentiles to repent from their sin, sin is the transgression of God's law, and God's law includes the command to keep the Sabbath holy, so a strong case can be made from Scripture that he instructed Gentile to keep the weekly Sabbaths, which I would be willing to bet on if I were a person who made bets.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟83,758.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say that it is scientific, but have not explained how it is just throwing out a number. If it is scientific, then I should be able to do an objective test that will always result in the same number rather than a subjective judgement call based on how I am feeling.
Exactly right :)

See Subjective (Bayesian) Probability and follow up there.

Upvote 0