If you have wavering faith and an anxiety disorder, this post is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob8102

Nov 9, 2019
Miami
✟39,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is bad enough to have religious Obsessive Compulsive Disorder or a similar anxiety problem. If, on top of that, you have wavering faith, you are likely caught in what might be called "The Perfect Storm." I have been in such a storm, up until now, for over a decade. I could just not get lasting assurance of salvation, no matter what. Finally, over the past month, I have developed permanent assurance of salvation.

If you have investigated the claims of Christ and Christianity enough to have become convinced of your need for salvation and are convinced about Jesus Christ and the trustworthiness of His promises, you need to sincerely pray a short, simple prayer, such as a version of what is called "The Sinner's Prayer." After you have sincerely done this once, Christ has you. He will not let you go. Your anxiety disorder and your wavering faith will conspire to throw all kinds of drastic, intense doubt at you. You need to learn to rise above this relentless assault of the Evil One. Try googling "Grantley Morris scrupulosity." I have recently been learning to pray, "Jesus, I so strongly believe in instant salvation, that, even though my faith wavers, I believe You have saved me. I may waver, but You do not."

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is now closed. Please note the Statement of Purpose for this particular sub-forum states:
Only non-Christians may start threads here, and only orthodox Christians may reply to your thread. Christians (orthodox and unorthodox) may not start threads here.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.