If you don't watch Wretched, you should.

MichaelKelley

Sinner Saved By Grace
Jul 28, 2010
Eads, TN
Visit site
✟15,686.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Todd is okay and well-meaning, but he can be rather annoying sometimes and you don't really get much "Scriptural insights" and Bible study from Wretched. If you want a REALLY good Bible teacher, then you should watch Dr. Chuck Missler. Dr. Missler dives deep into the Word and brings out so much in every teaching! Check out his teaching on the book of Ruth... Ruth is THE greatest book of the Bible. If you only had the book of Ruth and NO OTHER book of the Bible, you wouldn't lose a single thing doctrinally. Ruth has Christ's first coming, His second coming, everything. Indeed, you won't understand Revelation UNLESS you have an understanding of the book of Ruth. You can download it for only about 9 dollars on his website at the following link. It really is an amazing study and comes with a PDF file of notes for the study:

The Romance of Redemption

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
friel-150x150.jpg

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
He's more of a character who teaches, like a Bill Nye the Science guy...kind of hard to take him seriously.
Yeah, I can see that. I was not a fan at first. But he is quite doctrinally sound, so that made the difference for me.

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Such as Elijah and the prophets of Baal, Jesus and the Pharisees (more than once), Paul and the Galations...

explain the justification you giving by mentioning these name drops ..

my memory is vague on where they made frivolous mockery of others
in the case of Elijah folk were consumed by fire - not a lighthearted situation and it is written not to make fun of those who are humbled, less the lord turn away his anger and bring it on you instead - balance

like i said - i do not disagree with the person being exposed - or the words of that pastor that did the exposing .. but the video makers are acting well outside the realm of the love and Holiness of the Lord Jesus - which makes them little better then the falsehood in the prophesy ..its not a condemnation -it is a admonishment

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

explain the justification you giving by mentioning these name drops ..

my memory is vague on where they made frivolous mockery of others
in the case of Elijah folk were consumed by fire - not a lighthearted situation and it is written not to make fun of those who are humbled, less the lord turn away his anger and bring it on you instead - balance

like i said - i do not disagree with the person being exposed - or the words of that pastor that did the exposing .. but the video makers are acting well outside the realm of the love and Holiness of the Lord Jesus - which makes them little better then the falsehood in the prophesy ..its not a condemnation -it is a admonishment

I have to be honest. Every time I have viewed a clip that someone has posted, I have always been so struck by how absolutely crass and unchristlike the host conducts himself that I can't bring myself to listen to or even care about what he has to say. One thing that contemporary Christians seems to forget is that the delivery is no less important than the message. When your message is "Jesus loves you", but your delivery is "I think you're a stupid jerk", the latter tends to drown out the former.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I stumbled across Wretched (and this particular clip) quite by accident, and have watched several of the videos on YouTube. I can only say he isn't wrong...I believe his delivery is meant to give some confidence to those who may be too timid to defend Christ and the bible, by showing how it can be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUujkiv2cHU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

And actually he gives an amazing testimony to an obviously hostile audience with no reservations, so its hard for me to label him as being too "crass"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_6HfEoORuM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you only watch one link, please watch the second...

Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0
P

Publius

Yep. I'm not complaining, though. I knew a guy who started balding in his teens. That would really suck.

I started balding in my early twenties. Not really a big deal. The only bad thing about it is that suburn on the top of your head is brutal and, when I sweat it makes the inside of my hat all sticky (but that's probably more than you wanted to know).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
loveabounds said:
Hi Metal Minister!!!

Haven't heard of him. Do you have a link?

PS...we may have to hit the NFL threads....looks like this nonesense might end!!! :clap:

Amen to that! Oh, and Patrick Stewart has played a lot of roles in a lot of things from Broadway, to the silver screen to the small screen. He's probably most noted for his roles as Jean Luc Pickard in the series Star Trek the Next Generation, His role as Proffesor Xavier in the X-men movies, and as all the characters in the Broadway production of A Christmas Carol. He's very talented, and highly underrated as an actor.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Stewart

Reactions: desmalia
Upvote 0