• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

If you don't watch Wretched, you should.

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by torcot, Jun 8, 2012.

1. torcot

torcot Newbie

+14
    Baptist
    Single
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. file13

file13 A wild boar has entered in the vineyard

+156
    Presbyterian
    Married
    ^_^

3. desmalia

desmalia sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays

+864
    Canada
    Calvinist
    Married
    Yep, love that show. :thumbsup:

I had seen the pastor's response a few weeks ago, but didn't realize she had been the one to call him up on stage and shower him with so much "blessing" before he revealed her true colours. He's a Calvary Chapel pastor. I really appreciate the stand he took there. What a wonderful opportunity.

4. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender Well-Known Member

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    S'all right for the under 30 crowd. Go for it.

Comes a day, though, when you'll need more meat.

5. desmalia

+864
    Canada
    Calvinist
    Married
    Aw, you think I'm under 30? Thanks! People are confusing my gray hairs for "highlights" these days. :)

6. WinBySurrender

WinBySurrender Well-Known Member

+144
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    Sweetheart, you don't know what grey hair is! ^_^

Women always age better than us guys anyway. :thumbsup: :cool:

7. desmalia

+864
    Canada
    Calvinist
    Married
    Aw, if only! :)
    I started going gray at 20. I'm just so glad it's in style now!

8. 56Bluesman

56Bluesman Newbie

+16
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Thanks for sharing the video. I'm glad to see a true man of God take a stand for the true Gospel of Christ, and denounce this spiritual flim flam artist. Sadly these hucksters, who falsley teach that God is some sort of Cosmic Santa Claus, you just have to know their secret formula to get those miracles rolling, prey on the wounded and hurting who are missing the real true miracle of God's great grace in Christ.

9. A Glass

A Glass Guest

+0
    I used to be into Todd Friel when I first began seeking the Lord. In fact, I purchased a lot of his DVDs, about 5, I believe. I stopped listening to him because I had a few conversations through e-mail with him, and started to notice a lot of what he said was contradicting. He also seemed to idolize John MacArthur, even if jokingly, he was talking about how John touched his hand and he [Todd] still hadn't washed it. But, there was more than this that lead me to believe it was an idol. I also notice he began to blow national news WAY out of proportion, and made it seem like Christians were getting persecuted more than they were. Now, I know we get persecuted, but he only gave one side of several stories.

I don't know if he is still like this, but, if it is like it was when I used to watch it, I don't recommend him at all. I do appreciate this clip, and several clips that he shows, but only because it allows me to further research a topic. But the clip he showed was good, I just happen not to agree with all of Todd's comments (though I don't believe the woman was a Prophetess -- but for different reasons). Anyways, in the end, these are just my opinions of him. Not that he is a devil, or anything, but he just seemed to have some questionable things, and seemed to complicate the gospel from when I talked to him via email.

10. torcot

torcot Newbie

+14
    Baptist
    Single
    I just wanted to bring this vid back to the top

11. VCViking

VCViking Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...

+158
    Calvinist
    Married
    That was awesome!

12. Michaelismyname

Michaelismyname Active Member

+21
    Messianic
    Private
    the odd thing is -the mocking tone of the show presentation is equally as unchristian as the falsehood in the prophesy .

13. Publius

Publius Guest

+0
    How so?

14. Michaelismyname

+21
    Messianic
    Private
    the attitude displayed is wrongful. to make fun of the one who is (by fair evidence ) being exposed. imo to lower yourself to being as bad as them .

sure - expose them that is correct to do but one should remember that if they are as false as they appear to be - to be so they would be in a state of deception ,whether self deception of demonic deception -if they continue in that state, the end that awaits them is horrific beyond anything any christian should desire for any one . there fore it is in Love and gentleness with the sincere weight of warning that they should be admonished to cease from their errors .. not to be fun of in a public video .

the pastor that took the microphone had it right ,listen to his words of love and respect as he warns against the falsehood - the show makers ignore those words and make fun of the error.

15. Publius

Publius Guest

+0
    I'm not sure I see anything wrong with the video. There are numerous examples in scripture of prophets, of Paul, and even of Christ, Himself, mocking the enemies of God.

16. VCViking

+158
    Calvinist
    Married

Read the OT. The prophets did the same thing.

17. VCViking

+158
    Calvinist
    Married

Exactly!

18. JM

JM pre·des·ti·nar·i·an Supporter

+2,104
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    CA-Others
    You folks may find him helpful, but his voice...I can't listen for long.

19. Michaelismyname

+21
    Messianic
    Private
    such as ,,,,,

20. Publius

Publius Guest

+0
    Such as Elijah and the prophets of Baal, Jesus and the Pharisees (more than once), Paul and the Galations...