If you could choose your number of children...

how many children would you like to have?

• 6+

• quiverfull *or* as many as possible

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1, maybe 2 , if the first one doesn't kill me.
And Gosh, for a non-parent I do spend a lot of time on this board as of lately... I hope no one minds.

Sure! :wave:

I notice no one has voted 1.... only children aren't that bad :blush:

I think if pregnancy didn't make me such a bear, I'd just be quiverfull, but for now I am taking it one at a time and sort of hoping "complete" comes at 4 children because I can't do this pregnant thing for the next 20 years :help: .... oh and there's the whole trouble I seem to have with nursing, doesn't seem to allow that natural child spacing that people talk about....

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think if pregnancy didn't make me such a bear, I'd just be quiverfull, .... oh and there's the whole trouble I seem to have with nursing,

Exactly what I was going to write!! I would have loved to have had 4, but with age, awful pregnancies and b/f nightmares, I wonder if I would have made it past 2 anyway.

Upvote 0

JustBoo

Dressed up for my Anniversary - March 13th
Nov 27, 2006
Eastern Canada
✟15,872.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I voted four because I always felt that I wanted four,

however . . . we have two right now and dh says 'no way, no how ,ain't happnin'!" to the very idea of more. He wants a vasectomy . . .:confused:

Part of me thinks it may be best as my eldest requires a lot of extra energy and time and such due to her special needs so I don't know how well we could really handle a third or more . .but part of me just feels like I can 't imagine only having two!!! Plus I've always wanted to adopt . . .

Upvote 0

GolfingMom

Is gone...
Mar 13, 2006
✟20,321.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we would like 5, but are open to God's will in our child bearing. I have had 2 c-sections so we will see. My husband refuses to discuss adoption so that will not be in our future.

Don't rule out adoption yet :) DH has never wanted to discuss adoption. I've been praying about it since before we got married and just recently he's been more open to the idea ALTHOUGH he wasn't agreed with adopting. I'm just praying God's will is done. Either take the yearning away for me or help change DH's heart :D

Upvote 0

SarahJoy

Apr 12, 2008
Somewhere on this long journey
✟7,755.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Mmm thanks difficult to answer. I don't know that I have ever had the attitude of just keep popping them out. Definately had times were I needed a break. But even after 8, I am still not at that stage of saying, enough is enough. Who knows, maybe there are still a couple more in me, maybe my last is my last.
It just feels selfish to not be open more. Not sure how to explain it.
Leanna, I have to admit that I have relatively hassle free pregnancies, fatigue is about the worst for me, so my heart does go out to those of you who do struggle through pregnancy.
Tracey

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PegasusOnFire

is currently unsupervised...
Jun 25, 2003
Iowa
✟25,153.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't rule out adoption yet :) DH has never wanted to discuss adoption. I've been praying about it since before we got married and just recently he's been more open to the idea ALTHOUGH he wasn't agreed with adopting. I'm just praying God's will is done. Either take the yearning away for me or help change DH's heart :D

I know and I have been praying about it. He still isn't open to the idea, though I have been since I was very young, infact I said that I would never give birth to my own children, I would adopt all of them, so far I have given birth to 2.

Though when we lost our first pregnancy he said thta if we couldn't keep a pregnancy to term we would adpt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

~Mrs. A2J~

According to your faith will it be done to you
Aug 13, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟10,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh and there's the whole trouble I seem to have with nursing, doesn't seem to allow that natural child spacing that people talk about....
I had no trouble nursing and still didn't get that spacing. I was lucky with DD that my fertility didn't return until 14 months PP but with DS it returned at 11 weeks PP :mad: Hence ending up pregnant with #3 when DS was only 11 months old. I'm hoping for longer this time around!

Upvote 0

Leanna

Just me
Jul 20, 2004
✟24,278.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had no trouble nursing and still didn't get that spacing. I was lucky with DD that my fertility didn't return until 14 months PP but with DS it returned at 11 weeks PP :mad: Hence ending up pregnant with #3 when DS was only 11 months old. I'm hoping for longer this time around!

I have a friend who ecological breastfeeds and still had her fertility return at 3 and 4 months so I guess it doesn't work for some women...

I voted for 3 but dh only wants 2 so I don't know what we'll get.

Leanna, out of respect for the child-free who read here, maybe you want to edit your poll and add 0 as an option?

If I had put it in the women's discussion I would have put zero as a choice, but this is parenting.... ;)

I don't ask the child free forum to have "I want to be a parent" threads, kwim??

Upvote 0

Christdefinesme

Sep 21, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
Visit site
✟16,560.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think if pregnancy didn't make me such a bear, I'd just be quiverfull...........oh and there's the whole trouble I seem to have with nursing, doesn't seem to allow that natural child spacing that people talk about....

Ha! You too, eh?

I am TERRIFIED to be pregnant again, because my ENTIRE personality changes. It's really wierd. I become this horrible person :mad: (I can't tolerate people, everything makes me sick, I have severe headaches and I want to sleep continually, and did I say I start hating people, like really truly hating people, all people:eek: ), and I just feel gross and grumpy. And I feel guilty the entire pregnancy because I know that my other kids who are here already are not getting the "me" they need. :sigh:

But, what always gets me through is the end product (and TONS of prayer!), I just love my babies so much, and it's worth it in the end, right? Some how my family happily endures and survives. And, they all forget :scratch: (so much so they're all begging me to have another).

And, the "natural child spacing" thing - yeah, uhuh, I've always been so happy for everyone else who experiences that! Not here! My fertility returns promply 2 months after birth! Even though my babies nurse like crazy.

Upvote 0