If we are born again when we leave this earth, does that make us immortal?

buddyt

Dec 28, 2016
oneonta al. USA
✟17,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many people refer to being Born Again. The correct way to address this is we are Born from above. Or that's what the manuscripts tell us. Bad translation. The book of Genesis tells us of the Nephilim or Fallen Angeles who refused to be born of man. We know what awaits there faith. Not trying to be Mr. So So just saying.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Anyone claiming anywhere on the forums "Jesus contradicted Scripture" should expect a request for chapter and verse showing exactly where He did so. But saying that "Jesus contradicted Scripture" is a different claim.
Exactly, in fact he said just the opposite!
The O.T. is inspired by God, however, some ungodly writers crept into the O.T. story, like the 3 who were said to survive a burning furnace. Daniel 3:20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace. It simply was an untrue story which was interjected by a writer other than the original.
And about Judaism: The throne, like the crown, was a symbol of sovereign power and dignity. It was also the tribunal, the "throne of judgment" (Prov. xx. 8), where the king decided matters of law and disputes among his subjects. Thus "throne" is synonymous with "justice."
2. The Throne, the abode of God, known as "Kisse ha-Kabod" (the Throne of Glory), from which God manifests His majesty and glory. Micaiah "saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the hosts of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left" (I Kings xxii. 19; compare the vision of Isaiah [vi. 1] with that of Ezekiel [x. 1]). The throne of God is Heaven (Isa. lxvi. 1); in future it will be Jerusalem (Jer. iii. 17), and even the Sanctuary (Jer. xvii. 12). Thus the idea of the majestic manifestation of God gradually crystallized in the cabalistic expression "koaḥ ha-ẓimẓum" (the power of concentration). God's Throne is the symbol of righteousness; "justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne" (Ps. lxxxix. 15 [A. V. 14]).
"kingdom of heaven." This last expression is used in the sense of "sovereignty of God," as in the phrase "meḳabbel 'ol malkut shamayim" = "to accept the yoke of God's kingdom"—that is, by a solemn profession to acknowledge Israel's God as the only King and Ruler (Ber. ii. 1). With reference to the Messianic age, it applies to the time when God will be the sole King on earth, in opposition to the kings of worldly powers (Pesiḳ. 51a; Cant. R. ii. 12); whence Matthew's "kingdom of heaven" (Matt. iii. 2, and elsewhere), where the other gospels have "kingdom of God." HEAVEN - JewishEncyclopedia.com
Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
Psalm 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I was being entirely serious about the Midway creatures as the source of demons : Ministering Spirits of the Local Universe: Paper 38, The Urantia Book The scriptures are man made, the theory of the inerrancy limits man to the speculation and conjecture of those who create them. The consequence of maintaining a scripture fetish is it limits one from being open to new revelation. The Jews made just such a tragic mistake.
Be careful least ye would not!
Jeremiah 50:32 And the most proud shall stumble and fall, and none shall raise him up: and I will kindle a fire in his cities, and it shall devour all round about him.
James 2:10 For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all.
Luke 13:34 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not!
Deuteronomy 32:11 As an eagle stirreth up her nest, fluttereth over her young, spreadeth abroad her wings, taketh them, beareth them on her wings:
The O.T. is inspired by God, however, some ungodly writers crept into the O.T. story, like the 3 who were said to survive a burning furnace. Daniel 3:20 And he commanded the most mighty men that were in his army to bind Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fiery furnace. It simply was an untrue story which was interjected by a writer other than the original.
And about Judaism: The throne, like the crown, was a symbol of sovereign power and dignity. It was also the tribunal, the "throne of judgment" (Prov. xx. 8), where the king decided matters of law and disputes among his subjects. Thus "throne" is synonymous with "justice."
2. The Throne, the abode of God, known as "Kisse ha-Kabod" (the Throne of Glory), from which God manifests His majesty and glory. Micaiah "saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the hosts of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left" (I Kings xxii. 19; compare the vision of Isaiah [vi. 1] with that of Ezekiel [x. 1]). The throne of God is Heaven (Isa. lxvi. 1); in future it will be Jerusalem (Jer. iii. 17), and even the Sanctuary (Jer. xvii. 12). Thus the idea of the majestic manifestation of God gradually crystallized in the cabalistic expression "koaḥ ha-ẓimẓum" (the power of concentration). God's Throne is the symbol of righteousness; "justice and judgment are the habitation of thy throne" (Ps. lxxxix. 15 [A. V. 14]).
"kingdom of heaven." This last expression is used in the sense of "sovereignty of God," as in the phrase "meḳabbel 'ol malkut shamayim" = "to accept the yoke of God's kingdom"—that is, by a solemn profession to acknowledge Israel's God as the only King and Ruler (Ber. ii. 1). With reference to the Messianic age, it applies to the time when God will be the sole King on earth, in opposition to the kings of worldly powers (Pesiḳ. 51a; Cant. R. ii. 12); whence Matthew's "kingdom of heaven" (Matt. iii. 2, and elsewhere), where the other gospels have "kingdom of God." HEAVEN - JewishEncyclopedia.com
Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the Lord, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
Psalm 2:6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion.
Hebrews 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem [on Earth], and to an innumerable company of angels

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many people refer to being Born Again. The correct way to address this is we are Born from above. Or that's what the manuscripts tell us. Bad translation. The book of Genesis tells us of the Nephilim or Fallen Angeles who refused to be born of man. We know what awaits there faith. Not trying to be Mr. So So just saying.
The book of Genesis tells us of the Nephilim or giants NOT fallen angels. The angels were not out running around loose.
Jude 6 And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their proper dwelling—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day.

Upvote 0

Matthew Twentyfour

Take up your cross daily, and follow Me. Luke 9:23
Jan 19, 2015
✟8,141.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But no one now has immortality and not all will receive it when our Lord Jesus Christ appears. For many are called but few chosen!
1 Timothy 6:14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

:doh:

Upvote 0