If the end was to really come soon, how would you feel?

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you dislike eschatology so much that you left a church to avoid it, why did you decide to join this eschatology forum?
I never said I "dislike it". How can anyone say they dislike the Word of the Lord and believe Him at the same time? In my early years as a Christian I avoided it like the plague, and have just fell into the habit until lately. I've since learned a few things over time about hope and love in its message. Much of it still tends to press buttons when I'm tired or busy, or not paying careful attention, even after all these years. When people found out I didn't know much, they either tried to take advantage of my ignorance and fill my head with their own crazy interpretations, or put me down for "unbelief". Kind of sealed my mind ever since.

YOU try living your entire childhood in daily fear of horrible "2012" type things suddenly appearing out of nowhere and see how it affects you. Especially when its your strong-as-an-ox 6' 6" father looming over you, while using God in a negative way to make you behave and fall in line, with his "outside the fringe non-Christian church" backing it up. Not very conducive to developing a positive outlook. There was no "hope or love to look forward to" either. Being flippant made it less frightening for my siblings and myself when he would stand over us and harangue us little kids with this stuff so much it made us cry in terror. We didn't understand why. Now I do. (The rest of my family have either gone a similar way or rejected God altogether since.) I was 27 years old before realizing it wasn't God's fault so many people LIED about who He is and what is behind the events leading up to the return of Jesus. Time I faced my past fears, right? Better late than never.

I did try perusing some questions in here a while ago, then encountered someone who I thought thinks he has it all figured out, similar to my father. It didn't go well. An extremely kind person talked to me on here, helping me realize there's nothing to fear anymore. Dad's death last year brought back a lot of issues I've never dealt with before. Now I am trying to. Bear with me. God isn't finished with me yet.

Are you sorry you asked now? lol!

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,406,110.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, I am not sorry I asked. It helps me to know where you are coming from.I was puzzled by your earlier statement about eschatology. We are all students of our Lord Jesus, and none of us have it all figured out. But iron sharpens iron and together we can come to better understanding to why we are here and where we are going. To know that our Father created us with His divine purpose in mind, and to seek out that purpose is our reason for existing. Sometimes I wonder if we will ever figure it all out. But there is nothing wrong with enjoying the journey with your brothers and sisters in Christ , sharing and caring.:hug:

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I never said I "dislike it". How can anyone say they dislike the Word of the Lord and believe Him at the same time? In my early years as a Christian I avoided it like the plague, and have just fell into the habit until lately. I've since learned a few things over time about hope and love in its message. Much of it still tends to press buttons when I'm tired or busy, or not paying careful attention, even after all these years. When people found out I didn't know much, they either tried to take advantage of my ignorance and fill my head with their own crazy interpretations, or put me down for "unbelief". Kind of sealed my mind ever since.

YOU try living your entire childhood in daily fear of horrible "2012" type things suddenly appearing out of nowhere and see how it affects you. Especially when its your strong-as-an-ox 6' 6" father looming over you, while using God in a negative way to make you behave and fall in line, with his "outside the fringe non-Christian church" backing it up. Not very conducive to developing a positive outlook. There was no "hope or love to look forward to" either. Being flippant made it less frightening for my siblings and myself when he would stand over us and harangue us little kids with this stuff so much it made us cry in terror. We didn't understand why. Now I do. (The rest of my family have either gone a similar way or rejected God altogether since.) I was 27 years old before realizing it wasn't God's fault so many people LIED about who He is and what is behind the events leading up to the return of Jesus. Time I faced my past fears, right? Better late than never.

I did try perusing some questions in here a while ago, then encountered someone who I thought thinks he has it all figured out, similar to my father. It didn't go well. An extremely kind person talked to me on here, helping me realize there's nothing to fear anymore. Dad's death last year brought back a lot of issues I've never dealt with before. Now I am trying to. Bear with me. God isn't finished with me yet.

I'm sorry to hear about what you and your siblings endured.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What would you like to get out of an eschatology forum?

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"tranquil, post: 69716812, member: 293439" What would you like to get out of an eschatology forum?

Probably info, through opinions, explanations, exploring, interacting without endless debating--to learn. One thing I enjoy about CF is, everyone here isn't one denomination, yet we all are eager to gain insight into God's truth from each other. That remains amazing to me, even today. I love the interaction between denominational views on here. It warms my heart to see so many people caring so much about God's truth, and trusting the freedom to express it! You don't find that in 'outside the fringe' churches where everyone believes what they are told, where not a wave is dared to be made. Sameness isn't all its cracked up to be. So I'll continue to lurk and read and ponder, asking questions now and then. If I'm out in left field with my questions or responses, please--tell me!

The "Safe Houses" are great for learning. Very clever of someone to have thought of such a forum. Debate isn't always the best way to learn. I've read quite a few threads in there so far. Very interesting.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a chance to read some of your recent posts, so I just wanna let you know not to take anything I write personally. I'm not writing to get into a debate, just writing to be informative and help educate.

Other than that, welcome to the Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum of CF.

----The earth gets hit by the asteroid "Wormwood", meanwhile they keep building this temple? Or they build it and then the earth gets hit?

Wormwood isn't an asteroid. If you read 3-4 verses further down, it tells you what some of the stars are that will drop from the sky.

Revelation 9:1-2 New King James Version (NKJV)
1 Then the fifth angel sounded: And I saw a star fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened because of the smoke of the pit.

This is what John saw in Revelation 9:1-2. Images below.

This is an image of a nuclear explosion one second after detonation.
966ac6d9fe9ee1c1dc6b4eb5de847a50.jpg

This is an image of the explosion about 20-40 seconds after detonation.
maxresdefault.jpg

This is the image after one minute.
Godzillaarticle13_zpsc7130c65.jpg

This is how large the radius and the height into the sky a modern nuclear bomb can reach.
OvTkHnF.jpg

This is what it looks like. The smokes ascend into the sky and will cover the sun and moon darkening everything below. Keep in mind the cameras that shot the first video were 50 miles away. Not sure of the second video.

This is what it looks like in normal speed.

Now if you read the two preceding verses: Revelation 8:12-13, you'll see the light from sun and moon is already being affected as the sky is partially covered with the smoke.

Revelation 8:12-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.
13 And I looked, and I heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

Go backward two more verses is wormwood. If you noticed, almost all the trumpet judgements involves war with some type of modern warfare. All the trumpets are sounded during the first half of the tribulation. During the first half of the tribulation, it's an all out war between muslim countries in the Middle East; Sunni's against Shiite's. They will fight each other while Israel is at peace, prospering in the midst of chaos under God's protection. (Zechariah 2:5)

Near the middle of the tribulation is where the antichrist comes on the scene. He'll come by peace and flattery, and bring peace into the middle east amongst muslims. After the countries have been ravished and decimated by war, he will then unite all muslims to turn against Israel to plunder the riches within the temple.

Actually, nevermind. I'm getting ahead of myself going into other topics. Going back to wormwood. This next part is speculation on my end. But it won't surprise me if woodworm is a nuclear bomb that drops on the nile river. The nile is the lifeline for Egypt and branches into many smaller rivers. Once the nile goes, so will Egypt. In prophecy, Egypt will be utterly destroyed with a or many nuclear weapons during the first half of the tribulation. Jeremiah 46:13-26, Ezekiel 29:1-21, Ezekiel 30:1-19, Ezekiel 31:1-18, Ezekiel 32:1-32.

Iran is a shiite country with nukes, Egypt is a sunni country. Both hate each other. The prophecies tells us Elam (Iran) will defeat Egypt. Hard to imagine Iran not willing to use nuclear weapons in a war during the tribulation. Makes you wonder how it'll happen.

Revelation 8:10-11 New King James Version (NKJV)
10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

And I'll reiterate again. This is speculation on my part as John doesn't go into great detail about wormwood.

A thief in the night is just figurative. When one part of the world is in daylight, the other side of the world is night.
----Smart. This verse serves to only reinforce the inability to predict when Jesus will return. Very smart. Gotta love the Lord's wordplay!

I wouldn't exactly say that as not everyone's knowledge of prophecy is the same. Some know more, some know less. The bible gave hundreds of verses on the first coming of Christ. The magi from the east (3 wise men) knew how to interpret the bible prophecies of the first coming and made the journey to celebrate His arrival 2000 years ago. For the second coming, the bible gives thousands upon thousands of verses of His return. Anyone looking forward of His coming really has no excuse not to know at least a ballpark figure on the timing and season of His return. The bible gives you the year, at least 6 scriptures I've found in the OT on the year and the seasons of when He comes during the rapture and the second coming --- something I've already posted with scripture on this forum in the past. We're just not suppose to know the day and hour.

----Yet the bible states that all people will get this mark of the beast? What about these Christians that have been Christians all along (i.e., not new)? They get hunted down and have their heads cut off. How can that many Christians be left then?

"All people" who's name is not written in the book of life will take the mark.

Revelation 13:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Not all of God's people will die. Some will die and some will be taken captive. But those who will die is guaranteed to reign with Christ. Revelation 20:4

Revelation 13:10 Good News Translation (GNT)
Whoever is meant to be captured will surely be captured; whoever is meant to be killed by the sword will surely be killed by the sword. This calls for endurance and faith on the part of God's people.”

Please be advised I might unconsciously get a bit flippant in commenting. No harm is intended. Its merely the old defense response mechanism kicking in. My conclusion to the whole subject is, "Seek the Lost while we can. It's what we're here for, after all."

No harm no foul, nothing personally taken on my end. That's just the way some people communicate. I can understand that. Enjoy your stay too. Handmaid is a good source of information and speaks a lot of truth, and she makes a good sister too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'd just like to say that Jesus said the end will come when the Gospel is preached to all nations. Matthew 24:14

The gospel has been preached to almost all if not all nations. It took all these years to do it, but it's been accomplished, if not entirely than 99%, because I do think of places like North Korea where the gospel is hindered by the government.

"and then the end will come".

So the end is coming, shortly, it seems. I do believe it will be in our lifetimes. He comes quickly.

Upvote 0