If the end was to really come soon, how would you feel?

Anna the Seeker

Oct 27, 2014
✟8,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's presume that it was true that we were going to see the end very soon, and that the shadow of farewell is upon us right now.

How would you feel?

I think I would be entirely at peace if we were going to taken away, but I would also feel bittersweet about it.

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,818.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What is coming next for the Lord's righteous people, isn't the end but a new beginning!
Read all of Ezekiel 34:11-31... after the Day of cloud and darkness; On the soon to happen Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, He will gather His sheep; You are My flock, the people I feed, [true Christians]and I am your God.
Great will be the Day!

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
Let's presume that it was true that we were going to see the end very soon, and that the shadow of farewell is upon us right now.

How would you feel?

I think I would be entirely at peace if we were going to taken away, but I would also feel bittersweet about it.

Anna,

I think that it will be very similar to how you put it but not because of any inherent strengths we as Christians possess individually. God's Spirit will be very close to all of His Sheep during our appointed time of the end, He will give us the strength and the words to speak. Even the wicked will have to struggle to remain wicked against the force of the Holy spirit, it will interfere with their sleep and they will have no rest day or night.

I think that it also depends, at this time, on what an individual believes is coming upon the world during the tribulation. Some people seem to think that it's all going to happen in the middle east and they can watch it on their LCD TVs from the comfort of their living rooms. I watched a pastor prompting his parishioners to applause during a blood moon video, woe to those who long for the Day of the Lord.

I think that I will be disappointed that I wasn't picked to be one of the 144,000 when the tribulation begins but I'll probably get over it fast. I believe that we'll be a very special group that stands before the Throne and before the Lamb with palm branches in our hands.

I think that if it is true what we presume, it means that we are a peculiar generation which was picked before the foundation of the universe to be a part of the Greatest Event in the history of mankind.

“These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation.
They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."

“Therefore they are before the throne of God,
and serve him day and night in his temple;
and he who sits on the throne will shelter them with his presence.

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them,
nor any scorching heat.

For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd,
and he will guide them to springs of living water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”

Would we rather have been "raptured" or lived out an ordinary life and died in an old folk's home?

When the moon turns red with blood
When the moon turns red with blood
Oh lord I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in

Oh when the trumpet sounds the call
Oh when the trumpet sounds the call

Oh when the saints go marching in

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
What is coming next for the Lord's righteous people, isn't the end but a new beginning!
Read all of Ezekiel 34:11-31... after the Day of cloud and darkness; On the soon to happen Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, He will gather His sheep; You are My flock, the people I feed, [true Christians]and I am your God.
Great will be the Day!

You are My flock, the people I feed,and I am your God.
Great will be the Day!

Preach it Keras!

There's a dark and a troubled side of life,
But there's a bright and a sunny side too.
Though you meet with the darkness and strife,
The sunny side you also may view.

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life
It will help us every day, it will brighten all the Way
If we'll keep on the sunny side of life

Though the storm and its furies rage today,
Crushing hope that we cherish so dear
The cloud and storm will in time pass away
And the sun again will shine bright and clear.

Keep on the sunny side, always on the sunny side,
Keep on the sunny side of life
It will help us every day, it will brighten all the Way
If we'll keep on the sunny side of life

Let us greet with the song of hope each day
Though the moment be cloudy or fair
And let us trust in our Savior always
He'll keep us everyone in His care

Upvote 0

tickingclocker

Mar 11, 2016
US
✟22,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think God loves compassion and mercy more than He loves judgment. He advises us to think the same. It would be God's third saddest day. The first was Noah's Flood. The second was the day His Son had to pay for our sins.

The fields ARE ripe. Please, don't just watch them waving in the wind. Time is always short. There will be plenty of time to be mesmerized by God in eternity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luke17:37
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,796.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would be glad to go home to be with my Lord.I would not be looking back to see what happens to anyone else.My duty to this world right now is to preach Jesus Christ and Him crucified and risen from the grave.When that is over, it is over for me. Remember Lot's wife.

Reactions: Psalm3704
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually, we do know that the end is near. This s in accordance with scripture, for we read that "For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief." 1 Thessalonians 5:2-4

Upvote 0

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If the end cometh soon, then so much the better. Even before I became a Christian, I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I was going to be alive just long enough to see the end of this world. I've believed it so much it's driven my disdain for getting close to other people or having children.

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I think the big question is why the end is being delayed so long. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
"The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If the end cometh soon, then so much the better. Even before I became a Christian, I had a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I was going to be alive just long enough to see the end of this world. I've believed it so much it's driven my disdain for getting close to other people or having children.
I honestly understand this. While I do not believe God intends us to be without loved ones, we are warned:
Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

I have come to God with the approach in prayer, for years now, that he would harden my heart against this world; even as he hardened Pharo's against God. I have also prayed for the ability, and the faith to endure not only my own persecution, but that of my family's, and be granted the inability to deny Jesus Christ. I have made the decision to take God's warning seriously, and make preparations. This is going to sound harsh. My wife, and children know that if I am put in a situation of denying Jesus to save their lives; they are about to die. I exspect the same. And again, it may be harsh, but I have some members of my family I know will happily receive the mark in order to preserve their own life. I have all but disassociated myself from them. This life here and now is not what is important. What is important is our walk with Christ, and believing in his promise.

This also brings me back to the original point. We have to LOOK for his return. No, we do not know the exact day or time, but we can see the signs. I believe we need to actively look for these signs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the big question is why the end is being delayed so long. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

Yes... I do... and ironically I was ready to post this before I just now read your question.

When God sent His two angels to be the necessary two witnesses [according to God's Law]
to Sodom before God condemned and destroyed it... Abraham tired to bargain with God...
that if there were a certain number of righteous men [the "salt" that preserves the whole]
that Sodom would be spared.

We know that God has a remnant who have not bowed their knees to baal [1 Kings 19:18.]
This remnant has been the "salt" that has postponed God's wrath... as righteous King Josiah
postponed God's wrath against Jerusalem. We also know that at the evil end of the age...
God's remnant is threatened. In Revelation 20:9, Gog's heathen army surrounds the righteous
"Camp of the Saints." As in the days of Sodom... God again sends fire from heaven.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So, you're saying the end will come when there are no more righteous people on the planet?

Read my post again... I said the remnant [salt] that remain are being threatened by Gog....
as Lot and his family were being threatened by the Sodomites.

We are very close to God's fire from heaven.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian

"For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.

Enjoy the delay while you can. Feed the birds, ride your bike, pet your cat and just rejoice in this day of the Lord's creation while you can.

When He starts rolling this place up like a scroll, things might be happening fast.

Upvote 0

Luke17:37

Jan 2, 2016
United States
✟12,166.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God does :)

2 Peter 3:8-9
8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

Jesus is waiting until every last person who will become His disciple does.

Jesus told us His coming/avenging would appear to us as a long wait.

Luke 18:7-8
7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

The three parables from Matthew 24:45 to Matthew 25:30 also suggest a perceived lateness (in the eyes of men).

Upvote 0