Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the Last Days, when knowledge is to abound, and guidance to understanding the Earth is by science, what if God in Creation made the Earth look extremely young, less than 10,000 years old?

Would not science be the steps and path to knowing the physical realm and Earth most likely was a Creation not long ago by a Creator?

What would happen to ................... freewill, living based on devotion, schools teaching God and His Creation, .................

Science would replace the Spirit of God. And Scientists would be Priests. .............

Murder, theft, drunkeness, ........... would be easily frowned on, and the ungodly would have a world preaching against their way of living and treating people.

Should the Earth look young by His Doing?

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
20170630_122752.jpg

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,040.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
In the Last Days, when knowledge is to abound, and guidance to understanding the Earth is by science, what if God in Creation made the Earth look extremely young, less than 10,000 years old?

Would not science be the steps and path to knowing the physical realm and Earth most likely was a Creation not long ago by a Creator?

What would happen to ................... freewill, living based on devotion, schools teaching God and His Creation, .................

Science would replace the Spirit of God. And Scientists would be Priests. .............

Murder, theft, drunkeness, ........... would be easily frowned on, and the ungodly would have a world preaching against their way of living and treating people.

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.
OB

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I don't fully understand your question, but God made the earth and the universe a certain way for a certain purpose. He made it perfect for man's use. He put the stars in the sky for us to use to mark times, seasons, and to plot courses when traveling.

When He created Adam and Eve, they were full adults. The trees were mature and full of fruit. The animals were mature. The grass was green and the sky was blue.

Why I don't always trust science is they can't account for a supernatural Creator. If you dropped a modern-day scientist in the Garden of Eden, he'd come up with the same hypothesis. He'd look at the trees, see they were full, and say that can only happen after so many years of growth. He'd look up at the stars and conclude it takes billions of years from their light to travel here, so the universe must be billions of years old.

But, how would he know it was created merely hours before? This is why I don't think science and faith can co-exist. Science completely ignores the possibility of a supernatural creator.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
As both a Christian and a scientist, I think that science is pretty much correct in both the sequence and the timing of the evolution of both the physical universe and life itself. Since I regard Genesis as almost entirely allegorical, I have no conflict in my mind between my faith and my scientific understandings.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As both a Christian years and a scientist, I think that science is pretty much correct in both the sequence and the timing of the evolution of both the physical universe and life itself. Since I regard Genesis as almost entirely allegorical, I have no conflict in my mind between my faith and my scientific understandings.
OK.

Do you know why the Creator did not make this Earth look 10,000 years old?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Ditto back, as one who did not take part by part to understand first. It isn't written in Greek.

It isn't much of an attempt at English either.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens

If the Earth was miraculously transformed so that all the evidence of age and history was erased then it would certainly be evidence that there was a deceiver in control of the Earth.

Making the Earth appear to have false history and false events is clearly dishonest. Later covering it up is just confirmation of guilt.

A miracle on the scale you are describing would certainly be evidence for a god, I don't think it would be evidence for a good or moral one.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

What if God did actually create the world in seven days and made it appear millions of years old to scientists?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
What if God did actually create the world in seven days and made it appear millions of years old to scientists?

Should a duplicitous God be worshipped?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Should a duplicitous God be worshipped?
Well, if He created plants, trees and animals and they were fully grown, then it would be quite believable. Take a tree. Many fully grown trees are hundreds of years old. If one took a tree that was created in one day, and on that day it was cut down and the rings examined, how many rings do you think would be there? None? or enough to say the tree was 600 years old, and yet it was created in only one day! In the same way, if the animals were fully grown and appeared to be several years old after being created in one day, it is quite possible for God to do it that way. Adam and Eve were fully grown the moment they were created, and they would have appeared to be at least 20+ years old. So figure that out.

God is not being deceptive when he created the physical universe. If He created it fully formed, it would appear to scientists to be billions of years old because the formation that would ordinarily had taken billions of years was speeded up to take only one day. God wasn't deceiving anyone when He created the universe because there were no scientists around who would be deceived!

I have thought about the time frame, and because the Genesis talks about morning and evening of each day, the day would have been measured according to the rising and setting of the sun. I don't see that God, who is the ultimate Creator, being able to create a whole universe, plus a world with plants, trees, and animals, in six days, and to make the geology appear to be millions of years old.

God is not being duplicitous. It was just the way it turned out to be. It is the scientists with their equipment, who have decided that the universe is billions of years old, because that is what their equipment measurements told them. Their measurements are based on their theories about how the universe came into being. No scientist is able to conceive that material that appears to be millions of years old could have been created in such short a time. But then, they might not be aware of the almighty power of the Creator God.

Upvote 0