Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
DH, healing of major physio-chemical changes to people by the God of the Bible have occurred in every generation.

I would have denied it too before I was Born Again by His Spirit.

Now I know it will not be much longer until all that I see happening is Supernatural, in the Kingdom of God. Natural processes will end.

And you just continue to ignore the point being made.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"God has suspended or altered the laws of physics before. At least 2 instances are recorded in the bible."

We know you believe this because it says so in the Bible, but that isn't a relevant piece of information. Can you demonstrate that the laws of physics and nature have not followed the uniformitarian principle? That demonstration would need to be provided first before one could even begin to debunk radiometric dating techniques.
This thread was to produce thought about "what if" when Modern Times came through scientific enquiry natural-fleshly-fallen man could become leaders to people in all nations that this Earth is clearly less than 10,000 years old.

One method could be by radiometric dating.

This would position "scientists" and what they physically find as herald's of the young Earte the Bible presents. Scientists would become in the Last Days people of the physical realm to turn to about knowing truths of the Bible.

Is this what the Creator in forethought and Purpose before Creation wanted to bring about in the Last Days?

Would not people from past ages not have the "scientific proof" of those of the End Times? Where Faith can be placed in physical enquiry and scientifically determined of a major part of the Bible?

Would not such scientific evidence lead many people to a more sober, godly lifestyle by physical evidence presented to them?

Think about the ramifications of this "what if".

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What if you are delusional?

What are the ramifications of that?
Read the Bible, and what it says.

The God of the Bible uses Apparent Age when Creating things. It is simple and plain to see.

This thread has presented some reasons God did not make the Earth look <10,000 years old by clear scientific evidence.

Without Him and the Bible people can go astray. Including scientists who idolize science before Him.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

The God of the Bible uses Apparent Age when Creating things. It is simple and plain to see.

This thread has presented some reasons God did not make the Earth look <10,000 years old by clear scientific evidence.

Without Him and the Bible people can go astray. Including scientists who idolize science before Him.
It takes more than God and the Bible. It also takes people who, for some strange reason, insist on interpreting Genesis as if it was meant to be accurate literal history.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

Why is it that many Christians, including one in the previous post, do not believe it is "simple and plain to see"?

I have read the Bible. I have read Genesis many times. I have read the first two chapters countless times. What I read there is a deeply moving metaphor. constructing a well-contemplated creation myth (beautifully presented in the King James version) that can form the solid foundation of a faith based belief.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Сделайте Америку прекрасной
Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

It would definitely be EXTREMELY confusing should science suddenly realize after more than a century of measuring radioactive decay that indeed, not only is radioactive decay variable with time, but that in order to decay so much that 4.5 billion years of decay happened in 6000 years without melting the rocks we all stand on and killing all life on earth with a massive radiation flux it would HAVE to be a miracle.

At that point we would realize that all physical laws make no sense and are wholly just whatever God wants them to be at the moment in time.

And woe to the poor souls who died before the TRUTH was revealed as they will have to be punished eternally because they believed what the data said!

Hopefully we won't have to live very long in that world where the laws of physics and chemistry no longer make any sense as that would be hard indeed. Thankfully it would be during the END TIMES so that everyone would abandon rational thought and science altogether so that they may become dedicated worshipers of the One True God.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Man, scientists. What are they thinking? Solving all those problems, extending life and expanding our vision of the cosmos. And all for what? It's all so pointless. Especially if they have led people astray from the Hidden Truth.

We must give up on science. There is no value or reason for science. It has provided nothing of value ever. We were all so much better off a couple thousand years ago.

Upvote 0

Obliquinaut

Jun 30, 2017
Washington
✟35,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have read the Bible. I have read Genesis many times. I have read the first two chapters countless times. What I read there is a deeply moving metaphor. constructing a well-contemplated creation myth (beautifully presented in the King James version) that can form the solid foundation of a faith based belief.

You saw BEAUTY in the Bible??? You do realize that the PROPER way to read the Bible is to read it like a phone book, right? It's sad that they had to use so many words.

Until just now I, too, found the story of the "Fall of Man" to be a beautiful allegory for growing up and becoming responsible for one's actions. Childhood's end and the rise of responsibilty. A loss of innocence and an appreciation of our limitations. I saw beauty in the middle part of the book of Job as a contemplation on human suffering in the larger unknown cosmos.

But now I know the Bible is like reading a cookbook. And you better not leave out that 1/4 tsp of salt or there will be hell to pay.

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
This thread was to produce thought about "what if" when Modern Times came through scientific enquiry natural-fleshly-fallen man could become leaders to people in all nations that this Earth is clearly less than 10,000 years old.

One method could be by radiometric dating.

This would position "scientists" and what they physically find as herald's of the young Earte the Bible presents. Scientists would become in the Last Days people of the physical realm to turn to about knowing truths of the Bible.

Is this what the Creator in forethought and Purpose before Creation wanted to bring about in the Last Days?

Would not people from past ages not have the "scientific proof" of those of the End Times? Where Faith can be placed in physical enquiry and scientifically determined of a major part of the Bible?

Would not such scientific evidence lead many people to a more sober, godly lifestyle by physical evidence presented to them?

If the physical evidence showed this, perhaps.

But it doesn't. Try again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Assuming God created a very simple and plain world...

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
He put the stars in the sky for us to use to mark times, seasons, and to plot courses when traveling.

The majority of the stars are invisible to the naked eye. In your opinion what is the propose of the vas majority of stars which don't serve the purpose stated in Genesis.

Upvote 0

J0hnSm1th

Jan 12, 2006
Australia
✟2,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0