Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why does it matter to you if it's true or not? Please answer the question.
Post 210 please.

Follow the trail.

If I'm committing the Unpardonable Sin by believing the Lady Hope story is true, convince me please.

I don't want to go into Annihilation believing a lie.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Post 210 please.

Follow the trail.

If I'm committing the Unpardonable Sin by believing the Lady Hope story is true, convince me please.

I don't want to go into Annihilation believing a lie.

Not believing in the Lady Hope story is akin to blasphemy against God and worthy of going to hell for now? Nonsense.

You really have no other reason to accept the Lady Hope story as being true except that she's a Christian and therefore, to you, she could not have lied. Am I about on the mark?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not believing in the Lady Hope story is akin to blasphemy against God and worthy of going to hell for now? Nonsense.
I said Annihilation.

Isn't that the unbelievers' stated destination?
Warden_of_the_Storm said:
You really have no other reason to accept the Lady Hope story as being true except that she's a Christian and therefore, to you, she could not have lied. Am I about on the mark?
No.

I have a habit of wanting to believe people died and went to Heaven, and the Lady Hope story is light at the end of my tunnel.

As stipulated in Post 172.

Follow the trail please.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I said Annihilation.

Isn't that the unbelievers' stated destination?

Annihilation, hell. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Neither are places anyone wants to end up.

No.

I have a habit of wanting to believe people died and went to Heaven, and the Lady Hope story is light at the end of my tunnel.

As stipulated in Post 172.

Follow the trail please.

You can also believe that Darwin went to heaven without him having to do a death bed recanting based on a story that was published 30 years after his death. Darwin's religious beliefs are his own and are really of no concern of yours.
Or is it a Baptist thing where you have to try and say whether a person was a Christian or not by your standards? Genuine question because we don't have Baptists in the UK, or if we have, I've never met any.

Also, Lady Hope was her name by marriage. Not because she brought hope.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for the QED.
You really should try to learn some of the history of the Bible. It can help you to understand it better.

These facts seem to bother you. Is that because they weaken your faith? That is not a good sign.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Darwin's religious beliefs are his own and are really of no concern of yours.
Don't count on that.

I've prayed (wrth edrych yn ôl) for people that would make some choke to death if they knew it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You really should try to learn some of the history of the Bible. It can help you to understand it better.

These facts seem to bother you. Is that because they weaken your faith? That is not a good sign.
Maybe I should start another ATHEIST NIGHTMARE thread and post the Lady Hope story.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Don't count on that.

Why are a person's religious beliefs a concern of yours? Why was Darwin's? And why did you have 'in retrospect' in Welsh?

Seriously, is this a Baptist thing or not? Because it's very invasive and frankly rude.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Maybe I should start another ATHEIST NIGHTMARE thread and post the Lady Hope story.

What do you think?
It would be rather typical. Refuted in the first or second post that responds to it and yet drags on interminably.

Have you ever considered trying to make a valid attack on reality? Nah, of course not. When phrased that way we can understand your tactics.

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why are a person's religious beliefs a concern of yours?
Because I have a habit of praying for some people, even after they're gone.

"LORD, I pray Genghis Khan died saved. LORD, I pray Elvis Presley died saved. LORD, I pray Charles Darwin died saved."

Later, if I hear a rumor that one of them had a conversion experience, I rejoice.
Warden_of_the_Storm said:
And why did you have 'in retrospect' in Welsh?
Because I couldn't find it in Chamorro (seriously).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Because I have a habit of praying for some people, even after they're gone.

"LORD, I pray Genghis Khan died saved. LORD, I pray Elvis Presley died saved. LORD, I pray Charles Darwin died saved."

Later, if I hear a rumor that one of them had a conversion experience, I'll rejoice.

Again: intrusive and frankly rude. And I do not think that all the praying in the world could get Genghis Khan into heaven.

Seriously: is this a Baptist thing? And please answer me because this is a serious and genuine question because you are the only Baptist I can think of off the top of my head.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously: is this a Baptist thing? And please answer me because this is a serious and genuine question because you are the only Baptist I can think of off the top of my head.
I doubt it.

Catholics have a doctrine of "praying people out of Purgatory."

I'll have to discuss this practice of mine with the pastor and see what he says.

And if you want, I'll let you know.

It's not a Baptist doctrine that I'm aware of.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
^_^ -- Now THAT was funny! :oldthumbsup:
Why does reality bother you so much? That is a serious question. Evolution does not refute Christianity. It only refutes Christians with false beliefs. In the same way that the endless evidence that the Earth is a globe refutes those that believe in a Flat Earth. Many of them do hold their Flat Earth beliefs because they are Christian. You can see that a spherical Earth does not refute your beliefs, what makes evolution special?

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,783.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I doubt it.

Catholics have a doctrine of "praying people out of Purgatory."

I'll have to discuss this practice of mine with the pastor and see what he says.

And if you want, I'll let you know.

It's not a Baptist doctrine that I'm aware of.

Please do because I am genuinely curious by this idea because, as I said, it is frankly rude and invasive.

Upvote 0