Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
LAPD/ATF Display of Drugs/Guns/Money Captured in Gang Bust | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20100713_gangseizures_33.JPG

Mpls. police net $300k in drugs, guns in busts | Minnesota Public Radio News

20091217_031603_18Dguns_GALLERY.jpg

Man arrested in drug, weapons raid makes bail; variety of guns seized including grenade launcher - Santa Cruz Sentinel

I could go on, but I think you get the point. How many raids on how many abodes yeild both guns and drugs?

Plenty - a raid on illegal gun traffickers is extremely likely to also yield drugs.

Are there low level "dealers" who don't trade in other things? Sure. Do those low level dealers know people who do trade in other things? Probably.
I suspect the percentage of drug dealers with weapons connections is far lower than the percentage of weapons dealers with drug connections.

Upvote 0

Andrew Ryan

I like any king that can reign with his fist
Dec 18, 2010
Rapture
✟17,136.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
To the OP, was there not any policeman there? Do they not have guns? I'm just curious because I assume there would have been. Either way, police officer or civilian, I agree, had someone else had a gun, this tragedy could have been prevented.

Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To the OP, was there not any policeman there? Do they not have guns? I'm just curious because I assume there would have been. Either way, police officer or civilian, I agree, had someone else had a gun, this tragedy could have been prevented.

Already said this but maybe everyone missed it. One of the people who tackled the shooter was carrying a gun but he said there were too many innocent people around.

Upvote 0

OllieFranz

Jul 2, 2007
✟23,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Already said this but maybe everyone missed it. One of the people who tackled the shooter was carrying a gun but he said there were too many innocent people around.

Actually, he had his gun out and had a drop on the man with the smoking gun, but, fortunately before he actually pulled the trigger, he learned that it was not the gunman, but the person who tackled the gunman while he was re-loading. It all happened so quick that by the time he could react, it was all over. The second gun was no help whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually, he had his gun out and had a drop on the man with the smoking gun, but, fortunately before he actually pulled the trigger, he learned that it was not the gunman, but the person who tackled the gunman while he was re-loading. It all happened so quick that by the time he could react, it was all over. The second gun was no help whatsoever.

That was a different guy -- the one who tackled the shooter was also armed, but never drew.

So, there are our two gun owners right there that the OP was asking for -- three, if you count Loughner himself.

Reactions: Glas Ridire
Upvote 0

DontTreadOnMike

Eddaic Literalist
Jan 28, 2010
✟16,936.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was a different guy -- the one who tackled the shooter was also armed, but never drew.

So, there are our two gun owners right there that the OP was asking for -- three, if you count Loughner himself.

Yep. I'm glad someone else was armed in the off chance that there was a clear shot; they could have ended it. But guns are not an automatic answer to every situation just like a hammer alone won't help you build a house.

Upvote 0

Maggie893

It is what it is.
Sep 13, 2004
Maine
✟28,951.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT
We have cleaned up a significant portion of this thread as it was nothing more than an off-topic flame war.

Staff has determined that this thread as a whole has run it's course. If further discussion is needed on this topic a new thread can be started.
MOD HAT

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.