If I'm an Atheist and I am not a bad person, will I go to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Rey David

Jun 20, 2004
✟141.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus was a Jew. He was not a Christian. He did not invent another language. The Bible was written and rewritten by people so ignorant they didn't even know where the sun went at night.
Relax there is no hell, no invisible man in the sky, no adult boogeyman Devil and Jesus isn't coming back as Godzilla. You will die and your suffering will be over.
Invent another religion I meant to say.

Upvote 0

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
I deny Jesus as a savior of mankind, but I do think historically speaking, he was a real person. I find it extremely unlikely there is a God of any kind, even more unlikely a god that actually "loves" his creation and for some reason cares so much if people love him back. And to make it clear too, I don't believe in the devil either. I'm an honest and caring person, I've never done an "evil" thing my entire life. With that all said, would I go to hell?

I'm curious why you would believe in a place called hell if you don't believe in a God or creator. Further, if there is a hell, who would determine if someone is good? What is good? What is evil?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm curious why you would believe in a place called hell if you don't believe in a God or creator. Further, if there is a hell, who would determine if someone is good? What is good? What is evil?

What he could be saying is; do Christians think he as a non believer, will go to their hell, if he leads a good life.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2015
Texas
✟15,129.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I deny Jesus as a savior of mankind, but I do think historically speaking, he was a real person. I find it extremely unlikely there is a God of any kind, even more unlikely a god that actually "loves" his creation and for some reason cares so much if people love him back. And to make it clear too, I don't believe in the devil either. I'm an honest and caring person, I've never done an "evil" thing my entire life. With that all said, would I go to hell?

According to the Word of God, unless a person is "born again" John 3:3 Jesus replied, "Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again." He goes further into explaining this in 3:5, "Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit."

Peter, an apostle of Jesus, preached about it on the first day of the New Testament church in Acts 2:38, ""Repent and be baptized (water), every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Spirit).

So according to Jesus, who is 100% man (you got that right) and 100% God, we must be born again in order to escape hell. Therefore, the answer to your question according to the Word of God is yes, you will go to hell if you were to die today.

However, you still have a chance and there is still time while you have breath. I think if you are honest with yourself, you could say that at some point in your life, you have sinned. We all have and according to God's justice, there must be a judgment for that sin which is death. But because of His love towards His creation, He gave us a sacrifice in the form of His one and only begotten Son. Jesus died on the cross as the propitiation for your sins and mine. I pray that you come to the realization that there is a God, He loves you, and if you are born of water and Spirit, you can have eternal life with Him. Otherwise, the answer to your question is not a good one. Jesus bless you.

Upvote 0

rubyinprogress

God's Daughter
Site Supporter
May 5, 2012
Texas
✟53,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The only options are heaven - eternity worshipping and fellowshipping with God - or hell - eternal separation from God. If you don't believe in God, don't think He loves His creation, etc. would you want to go to heaven and spend eternity worshipping Him?

God does not "send" people to hell. He gives them free will. So since you have no interest in worshipping the Creator or fellowshipping with Him in this life, He is respecting your free will and not forcing you to do something against your will for all eternity. Think about it...if He FORCED you to go to heaven...wouldn't that be like "hell"?

Upvote 0

BrotherRickG

Feb 21, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Visit site
✟7,744.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As an atheist that is not an intelligent question. Why you would even worry or be concerned about going to hell, you don’t believe in life after life? Kind of like the flat earth society. Trying to explain to an atheist that there is a Creator that is Creating people to live with Him forever is like trying to explain what makes the wind to a 3 year old. When or if you decide to really explore how or why God is creating everlasting people then you can answer that question yourself. Just remember; just because you fail to see the light doesn’t mean the light does not exist.

Upvote 0

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is easier than you might have expected: Romans 4.5: "the man (Jesus Christ), who justifies the Godless person..."; Roman 5.6: "Jesus has died... ... for godless people"; Romans 5.10: "For we, whe we still were (God's) enemies, have been reconciled with God by the death of His Son."
Godless people? That includes atheists, doesn't ist?
Attention: christian or atheist, your good or bad actions do not matter. Ther is no good person at all in the world, we are all sinners, without any exception. Only Jesus Christ who sacrified himself for anybody of us, is Salvation. Nothing else!

I bless you all in the Name of Jesus Christ: Toivo Willmann
Amen brother! There is no good person in this world, only Christ was perfect, sinless and good. It's not our actions that save us but our faith the Christ, the one who did live perfectly and paid the debt for the suffering we all deserve.

God bless you, Toivo Willmann!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Your answer is yes, you will. The Lord does NOT want you to go there, that is why He died on the cross for you, to Redeem you from the slave market of sin. All you have to do now is to "walk through" His open door. It IS so simple, "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you WILL be saved." It "MUST be this way fro His Justice CANNOT allow it any other way, He CANNOT go against His own Plan of Salvation, because Salvation is a FREE WILL option for all humans. They MUST decide one way or another, it must come from your free will. HE did not create us as Robots, something with no "FREE WILL". Freedom for people means much to Him, so He gives you a choice.

He loves you just as He loves the Greatest believers. When He paid for ALL peoples sin, which was our separation from Him, He took upon Himself to alleviate this separation, by HIMSELF taking these sins in His own body on the cross. If YOU were the ONLY person to ever live, He still would have went to the cross for JUST YOU!! As an unbeliever, you do not understand spiritual things, it is nonsense to the unbeliever... BUT when you accept the Lord as your savior, you are "BORN AGAIN" and a spiritual rebirth happens with the aid of God the Holy Spirit and you see things now in the light of God. He is real, He is God and He loves you more than you will ever know. I mean would YOU DIE for ALLLLLLLLLLLLL the sins of every person past, present and future?? Loving and knowing the Lord is a world of joy and hope and confidence and love. This life is not meant to be easy, this time is short and temporary for all of us, therefore HE is here for us, he never leaves us, we are never alone, ever.

Did you know that when an unbeliever becomes a believer?!.... "ALL THE ANGELS CHEER." I hope they cheer for you! (the devil IS real)

Psalms 103:1-5) Bless the LORD, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! {2} Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: {3} Who forgives all your iniquities, Who heals all your diseases, {4} Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, {5} Who satisfies your mouth with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amen brother! There is no good person in this world, only Christ was perfect, sinless and good. It's not our actions that save us but our faith the Christ, the one who did live perfectly and paid the debt for the suffering we all deserve.

God bless you, Toivo Willmann!!

Would this then mean (according to your faith), that the serial killer who finds Jesus on death row will be saved and the Hindu who dedicates their life to helping others is doomed?

If so, where is the morality in that type of theology?

Upvote 0

Kirsten

May 7, 2004
✟1,267.00
Faith
Christian
Would this then mean (according to your faith), that the serial killer who finds Jesus on death row will be saved and the Hindu who dedicates their life to helping others is doomed?

Who decides what is good?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

It is neither my place to know or decide whom God chooses to save. However I am sad for those whom Christ has revealed Himself to rejects Him, for they would know peace as I do.

Upvote 0
Feb 6, 2009
Here and now
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Bible is written in dark terms. Not to be understood by just anyone except those who have had the renewing of the mind. I believe that it has been centuries since anyone has understood what the Bible is really saying. If you really understood what the Bible was saying you would marvel at the wisdom of the one who wrote it. You would see that it is saying the same thing over and over and over in each chapter. You would see the love that the author has for mankind. You would see how to experience the hidden blessings that this world has for those who line up with it's truths.

I believe Hell is real and most people if not all people will experience it but only for a period. Matthew 5:17 clearly tells us that weather you obey or don't obey you'll be in heaven. You may be the greatest or the least but you will be there.
If you want to understand more of what God has shown me, go to freedomcatchthespirit.com. This will be a tough read for most Christians and maybe most people but definitely a concept that can be proven by Gods word and if followed actually works. Enjoy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.