If I have faith, will God answer my prayer?

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot depends on one's relationship with God! One might believe in God and going to church, etc. but we need to be sure we have the Lord Jesus in our heart and are walking daily with Him ---that is what our God requires. God says: "what think ye of Christ?". If I came only to God once in awhile, and otherwise tended only to my own interests, it is doubtful that God would be giving me whatever I wished. When one is faithful to God He blesses that one, though His mind on the matter might be contrary to what we would like to hear. I hope this gives some food for thought.

Upvote 0

Kolleen

Feb 4, 2020
Na
✟11,858.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi baptistgirl21,

I'm in the same situation as you but instead my issue is pride and selfishness which caused distrust and lack of love :( . Reading peoples suggestion really help lift my positivity up. I will pray for you and your boyfriend <3 God bless ya and I hope you guys can marry

Upvote 0

Kolleen

Feb 4, 2020
Na
✟11,858.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He actually changed his mind and said he would marry me regardless of the money. I want God's help to provide for us financially and I want him to make it possible for us to marry. I can't just be alone for the rest of my life, and I certainly can't dump my boyfriend if he's not chosen by God. I fear God will tell me not to marry him. I can't lose anyone else at the moment. I'm in love with my boyfriend and I fear God will just abandon me. I'm terrified of praying now

<3 that's good to hear

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Considering all things posted here, let me say first that anyone thinking about God MUST yield to the ways and mind of God. The matter presented here involves marriage, and that should be by approval of God and by His Word ---IF one is about honoring God. We are told that the world and Christianity are on opposite ground, so one who is truly a "born again" believer (as John 3) needs to be seeking God's ways, not their own. Certainly much prayer is needed, but that means FIRST a conformity to the way of God for man for both persons, would you say? If one is only a casual believer about God, then they are still "in the flesh" as God says and they are not yet likley "a child of God".

Last edited:
Upvote 0