Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
aren't you arguing with a straw man here? Gender identity is a choice, I agree with DamianWarS. But that doesn't mean everything about you is a choice. You seem to be arguing that, if you can change the way you identify in *one* sphere if life, you can change the way you identify in *any* sphere of life. That's tendentious and untrue.

No - there is no strawman here -

I'm pointing out the obvious, if your gender is what you self assign, (a choice), then it is not based on science, but on feelings.

If a man can choose to be a woman by choice, then that person changing their choice changes their gender.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You're back to mere opinion again. If you're looking for a Biblical model of how to use wealth, it's to share it - whether with the widow and orphan, or the brother and sister in Christ. Forced income redistribution did not work, but redistributive taxation and/or voluntary giving and/or improved welfare access will all tackle the drivers of inequality, and likely lead to a corresponding reduction in crime. This is what the science shows us, whatever your gut tells you about moral compass.

The failure of the Soviet Union isn't opinion, it's fact.

Depends on the level of redistributive taxation, and BTW, you're merely expressing an opinion. ^_^

If the government taxes the wealthy too much in order to give the money away, the wealthy will just move their investments to other nations as they did before.

George H. W. Bush put a so-called "yacht tax," in place. It ended up bankrupting many of the US boat building companies as the wealthy bought their yachts offshore. Congress had to reverse it.

Remember one fact, if you can. The poor do not create jobs, those with money do. Don't stop job growth by driving investments out of the nation.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The poor do not create jobs, those with money do. Don't stop job growth by driving investments out of the nation.

QFT - I would also add that the government does not create jobs - business owners do.

Upvote 0