SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not the one who came up with comparing transsexualism to a degenerative disease and a birth defect in this thread. Your fellow proponents did that.
Actually it was rjs30 back in post #37

You followed suit in #290 when you compared transexuals to substance abusers nad in #310 you went for the defect label

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
If everyone becomes gay or transgender how will we survive as a species? How will we reproduce?
Reducto Ad Absurdism A whopper of a logical fallacy. IF everyone went to medical school and became doctors there would be no one to keep the electricity on, or make pizza or pick up garbage and society would fall apart therefore being a doctor is bad

• Haha
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You have been saying people and places in the Bible weren't real. So what's left except a fairytale?
Try reading what is written. It is a metaphor. I have said that multiple times.

Are you saying that one must believe in a literal reading of Genesis to be a Christian?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Education is teaching reading writing and arithmetic. What you're talking about is indoctrination and children that young should not be learning about sex. If a stranger discusses it with them they would be arrested
so any material about the traditional nuclear family is teaching about sex and should be cause for arrest.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
I have not seen an incident where anyone complained about a woman using a men's restroom. I may have missed it but they would most likely go in a stall and no one would know the difference. It is men using women's restrooms that seems to be the controversy
Women's rest rooms don't have stalls?

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reducto Ad Absurdism A whopper of a logical fallacy. IF everyone went to medical school and became doctors there would be no one to keep the electricity on, or make pizza or pick up garbage and society would fall apart therefore being a doctor is bad
Supply and demand would dictate that they learn another skill there is not a market for that many Doctors. It would be bad if we all became Doctors and it would be bad if we all became gay. So your argument falls apart as well

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Are you familiar with de-transitioning? Many young women who thought they were transgender are now going back to their original gender because they were influenced by peers, parents, or told over and over they were boys. IMO, it's all grooming.
detransitioning happens in less than 0.4%of those who have transitioned

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hermaphroditic humans do not exist? It is an older term, but yes, they do. You might learn more from medline than from a .org site: Intersex: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia

You're not following along correctly. There are hermaphroditic organisms. But it's not a natural occurrence among humans. When it happens with humans is an anomaly caused by a developmental defect.

And, as I said before, you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes I am, but that was fact rather than my opinion.

Well, this Christian has read the Bible cover-to-cover more than a dozen times, and like many Christians I believe that it includes metaphors.

There are some aspects of Genesis that might be metaphors. For example Genesis 9:22 "And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father’s nakedness and told his two brothers outside" is considered by some to be a metaphor or euphemism for Ham having sex with Noah's wife (Ham's mother) which resulted in the birth of Canaan. Some even conjecture that Eve didn't really eat fruit from a tree, but actually had sex with the serpent, which resulted in the birth of Cain. But to say Adam and Eve and other people and places talked about in Genesis are purely metaphorical, renders the Bible into being a mythology.

And you are entitled to your interpretation, just as I am entitled to mine. And no, I NEVER said that anything in Scripture is a “fairytale.”

You're saying certain people and places in the Bible didn't really exist. A story about people and places that don't exist is fiction known as a fairytale. So what's your official take, are the events in Genesis real or fiction?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JohnPaul88
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Correct. I don't. I am not deciding what other people's gender or identity is.

Ultimately, I do not think public schools need to be teaching this to very young children. It's inappropriate IMO. I am not denying the fact gender dysphoria exists, and is tragic.
no, the hatred directed at trans people is what is tragic

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Try reading what is written. It is a metaphor. I have said that multiple times.

Are you saying that one must believe in a literal reading of Genesis to be a Christian?

I'm saying that if you render Adam as a metaphor, rather than a real person, that leaves Christianity without a solid foundation. Perhaps you'd like to explain how it works with Adam as a metaphor. But seeing as you haven't come close to being theologically in-depth in what you've been saying, I'm not expecting that to happen.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
No. I was referring to the girls who were de-transitioning. I listened to their testimonies, and in my own personal opinion, many of them were forced.

What about the havoc transitioning puts on another's body when they are being pumped full of hormones? It's a cancer risk. Does their health not matter?

I have made my convictions clear.
de Blok CJM, Dreijerink KMA, den Heijer M. Cancer Risk in Transgender People. Endocrinol Metab Clin North Am. 2019 found that transexuals receiving routine medical care have no greater risk of cancer than the general public. However about 1 in 4 transexuals are turned away from health care providers(
Reback, C. J., Simon, P. A., Bemis, C. C., & Gatson, B. (2021). The Los Angeles transgender health study:
Community report
which seems to be the problem that needs to be addressed

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Supply and demand would dictate that they learn another skill there is not a market for that many Doctors. It would be bad if we all became Doctors and it would be bad if we all became gay. So your argument falls apart as well
they are both absurd positions and that is why its called a logical fallacy

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that instead of condescending about my age and my level of knowledge about Christianity, you should stop treating people differently because they're not like you. That's what the Bible calls us to do.
Ringo

Post some scripture that backs up what you just said the Bible calls us to do.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Post some scripture that backs up what you just said the Bible calls us to do.

Only too glad to oblige you, since you seem not to be very familiar with the book you use as a cudgel against people different from you.

1 John 4:20-21 said:

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 said:
13 If I speak in the tonguesa]">[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,b]">[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

1 Peter 2:17 said:
“Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.”

My Bible is full of verses like these.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Relevant song:
Ringo

Whatever you taught me
I didn’t believe it
Father you fought me
‘cause I didn’t care
and I still don’t understand

Those are the key lyrics to this song. He doesn't believe. He doesn't care. It's pretty much about fighting against God. Fighting against the conviction of the Holy Spirit, do do things his way, even though it makes him miserable.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whatever you taught me
I didn’t believe it
Father you fought me
‘cause I didn’t care
and I still don’t understand

Those are the key lyrics to this song. He doesn't believe. He doesn't care. Although it's him who's fighting God.

It's a Sin - Wikipedia

People tend to not like having their every move denounced as "sin". Funny how that works.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a Sin - Wikipedia

People tend to not like having their every move denounced as "sin". Funny how that works.
Ringo

Of course people of the world don't like it. That's why Jesus says the world hates him. They don't like the truth. The misguided solution some have come up with, is to hide the truth to make Christianity more appealing, which completely defeats the true purpose of Christianity.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course people of the world don't like it. That's why Jesus says the world hates him. They don't like the truth. The misguided solution some have come up with, is to hide the truth to make Christianity more appealing, which completely defeats the true purpose of Christianity.

Jesus never condemned homosexuals or transsexuals, so...
Ringo

• Agree
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only too glad to oblige you, since you seem not to be very familiar with the book you use as a cudgel against people different from you.

1 John 4:20-21 said:
20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

You need to understand the difference between a bother and a neighbor. A brother as John uses it, is a fellow brother in Christ. Also you need to understand that pointing out sin, doesn't equate to hate. We point out sin out of love because we are concerned about the consequences of someone's sin. The unloving thing to do is ignore it, or worse yet, encourage it.

Show me scripture that says we are to accept sin and not speak out against it.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 said:
13 If I speak in the tonguesa]">[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,b]"> but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Once again, the unloving thing to do, is to not call out sin for what it is, and thus encourage people to continue on the path towards destruction.

1 Peter 2:17 said:
“Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.”

That doesn't precluded calling out sin. 1 Peter 2 is about living Godly lives in an ungodly society.

My Bible is full of verses like these.
Ringo

Yes, but you don't seem to understand them very well yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.