If God loves us, why does he send us to hell?

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brohammer26, my sentiments entirely. If salvation is through no other name but Jesus and millions of people over time never had the chance to believe on Him are they nonetheless sent to hell for simply not knowing? Somehow this does not make sense to me especially when I consider God's amazing love and that Jesus died for all and all are justified (at least objectively) in Him (Romans 5:18).
There are MANY who have blatantly rejected Jesus. They will pay the eternal price of Hell fire. Every situation is different. God knows EVERYTHING and He will be the perfectly fair Judge of us all. Those who deny Jesus will clearly be judged differently than those who don't know. God will be fair.

Upvote 0

BriBrit

Feb 3, 2012
On top of the world
✟15,147.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Labour
"Every situation is different. God knows EVERYTHING and He will be the perfectly fair Judge of us all. Those who deny Jesus will clearly be judged differently than those who don't know. God will be fair."

Dollarsbill, what is your precise scriptural evidence as to how God will judge "those who don't know" Jesus?

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Every situation is different. God knows EVERYTHING and He will be the perfectly fair Judge of us all. Those who deny Jesus will clearly be judged differently than those who don't know. God will be fair."

Dollarsbill, what is your precise scriptural evidence as to how God will judge "those who don't know" Jesus?
I see no Scriptural assurance of salvation for "those who don't know Jesus". Children, babies, mentally ill, etc. would be different. I have no doubt that they receive eternal salvation.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
With respect I asked for "precise scriptural evidence" which you failed to give me. Is that perhaps because there is none?
Certainly we will be judged according to the light we have.

Luke 12:47-48 (NASB)
47 And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, 48 but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

James 4:17 (NASB)
17 Therefore, to one who knows the right thing to do and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Upvote 0

anunbeliever

Veteran
Sep 8, 2004
✟8,986.00
Faith
Agnostic
Because of fear, people often deny everything about hell, even though the evdience of its existence is quite clear throughout the Bible. Whether anyone wants to accept it or not, hell is just for God is just. Who is man to question God or his justice, ...If he sees it just to send evil doers to burn for all eternity in a fire that can never be quenched, then it is and there is no questioning that no matter how you look at it.
Such a belief does not make logical sense. Even moreso if you present God as being fully just and knowing what is best. Therefore its not the "God" i dont believe but this doctrine as presented. If i replaced "burn in hell" with a doctrine "God demands that we all sacrifice one of our children and eat them" then people would be protesting that a just God would never require such a thing. I consider the concept of God consigning people to eternal torment to be as believable as God demanding the sacrifice of children. ie inconceivable.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because of fear, people often deny everything about hell, even though the evdience of its existence is quite clear throughout the Bible. Whether anyone wants to accept it or not, hell is just for God is just. Who is man to question God or his justice, when God's understanding is infinite and man's is so limited? Remember, God knows every heart and every thought and motive thereof just as he knows the numbers of hairs on every head. Therefore I know that he knows what everyone deserves better than us. If he sees it just to send evil doers to burn for all eternity in a fire that can never be quenched, then it is and there is no questioning that no matter how you look at it. You are mortal man, he is God; do not question his justice. There will be no one that will burn in hell that didn't deserve it. I say that even though technically all sinners deserve it, yet some more than others and yet God offers his grace to all and those who accept it and are also accepted by God will surely by proven worthy of eternal life in heaven and in the presence of the Almighty God. God will not allow one single hair on even one of his chlidren to be singed by the intensly hot flames of hell and he will show them worthy of eternal life. Let not man in his self-righteousness consider him more righteous than God in anything to scoff at God about anything including hell just because he doesn't think it's fair, esp when every sinner has plenty of opportunities to repent and be saved through the name of Jesus Christ. What excuse has anyone? God is perfect, therefore so is his justice. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, you are not the omniscient God who knows every secret hidden in the thick pitch black darkness of corruption.
:thumbsup: The NT doctrine of Hell/ eternal punishment in fire is abundant whether we like it or not. God doesn't have to ask our permission.

Upvote 0

Timothew

Conditionalist
Aug 24, 2009
✟21,514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Such a belief does not make logical sense. Even moreso if you present God as being fully just and knowing what is best. Therefore its not the "God" i dont believe but this doctrine as presented. If i replaced "burn in hell" with a doctrine "God demands that we all sacrifice one of our children and eat them" then people would be protesting that a just God would never require such a thing. I consider the concept of God consigning people to eternal torment to be as believable as God demanding the sacrifice of children. ie inconceivable.
Good point, I believe eternal torment can't be called just either. God is just, so the people who say that he tortures people in hell forever have a misunderstanding about God. I believe that it is impossible to have eternal life apart from God because only God is immortal in himself. Everyone else must receive immortality from him or they do not have it.

Upvote 0

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good point, I believe eternal torment can't be called just either. God is just, so the people who say that he tortures people in hell forever have a misunderstanding about God. I believe that it is impossible to have eternal life apart from God because only God is immortal in himself. Everyone else must receive immortality from him or they do not have it.
God destroyed everyone on Earth but 8 before they could repent. Was that just? Of course it was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dollarsbill

Jan 17, 2012
✟7,746.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because it isn't. Did God waterboard everyone who was not on the ark?
Just as everyone who was not on the ark perished, everyone who is not with God perishes. Word games will not change this.
The Flood was EXTREME torture. Including babies, children, elderly, etc. The same God who said" they shall be tormented day and night forever and ever" in nearly every English Bible.

Upvote 0