✟653,769.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
And how will he save Israel or the jews

He will come to make Peace in the World, not war.

Why not
Malachi 3:22-24,

22, Keep in rememberance the teaching of Moses,
My servant-the laws and ordinances which I commanded him in Horeb for all Israel
Lo, I will send Elijah the prophet Before the coming of the great day of the Lord.
That he may turn the heart of the fathers back through their Children,
and the heart of the Children back through their fathers.-
lest I come and smite the Earth with utter destruction.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry. Your Messiah will call them back very quickly. Then the US will be in high alert.
Why would the us gov care if Israel decides to go from prime minister to kingdom?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All nations will rise against the Jews before the messiah comes. Israelnwill stand alone as the Arabs supported by Gentiles will be trying to destroy Israel. Just at the point where all hope is lost then the messiah will come and as he did with the Egyptians during the time of Moses israels enemies will be destroy.

If messiah is a Moses type .. Moses perform miracles to free Israel ... Does Judaism believe the messiah will perform miracles to rid the enemies trying to destroy Israel as in the days of Moses ?

Reactions: gord44
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟653,769.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
If messiah is a Moses type .. Moses perform miracles to free Israel ... Does Judaism believe the messiah will perform miracles to rid the enemies trying to destroy Israel as in the days of Moses ?

He shall come from the house of David, as it is written, "I shall not cause My servant David dissapointment."

As far as I know, miracles it is not a criterea,
but if he is to establish World Peace, rebuild the Temple, gather in all the exiles,
in my thinking it would be a miracle, or what?

On the other hand, the Rebbe would say,
"One more mitzvah may tip the scale in bringing Mosiach."

For the more macabre view that, Israel, Jerusalem will be surrounded by the nations of the World.
To my thinking, they would be struck by confusion (the nations) and slay eachother.
Israel would be lifted up out of the way, so to speak.
That is not something I like to think about though.

The Guardian of Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps.

Maybe when we give up our last breath, we shall see,
just a thought that comes now and then,

This is not very concrete, but I am prone to wander,
and wonder.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
And how will he save Israel or the jews
It's all about the Messianic age that transforms the world. If I knew by which process it would happen, I would probably be way ahead of the curve here. But I don't.

But there are important things that the Messianic age brings:

- Universal Peace. This means peace everywhere with no wars or conflicts going on anywhere.
-Universal Knowledge of HaShem. This means everybody will know in the same way that people know water is wet. It isn't something anybody will need to be taught, but something that is so obvious you'd have to have a problem to not know it.
- Temple rebuilt. The actual Temple as physically described in Ezekiel.
- Gentiles coming to Jews to be taught. While everybody will have knowledge of HaShem, they will still need to be educated on the finer details.

Through this no only is Israel redeemed but also the entire world.

Is that that sort of messiah they were looking for at the time of Christ. Is it true that harod had children age two killed

Of note, "christ" is Latin (I believe) for anointed which is what messiah means. So, you'll never see me and I can't think of any other Jews who would ever call Jesus "christ". I will only ever call him Jesus.

Yes, the Messiah that Jews hoped for back then is, basically, the same as today. Well, the Reform movement has some different ideas but that's a different can of worms.

Herod having children killed is only recorded in one Gospel and I believe it was fabricated so as to align Jesus with Moses. I don't believe it ever actually happened. Josephus would have reported Herod having done this as Josephus hated Herod and loved writing about all the evils he committed.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Because that's how Christians have rolled throughout history. And if Jesus came back today, walking the slums and talking to the strippers, gang-bangers, illegal immigrants and junkies, the publicly praying, God-affirming, Bible thumping Republicans would be the first to condemn him as a communist hippie impostor. Because everybody KNOWS that the ones Jesus cares about are healthy white suburbanites and filthy rich guys like Donald Drumpf or Mitt Romney.

There's a little something about Romney that most people don't know.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/romney/search.asp

In 1996, Romney learned that the minor daughter of a partner at Bain Capital had gone missing; all anyone knew was that she had gone to New York City. His response was to order the company to cease operations so that he and the other partners could travel there in order to find her. He also called up every business partner the company had in NYC and enlisted them in the search effort as well. In the process, they - and employees of such companies as Price Waterhouse - pounded the pavement, even going so far as to talk with local prostitutes and junkies.

As you can imagine, the sight of so many white collar types on the search generated a considerable amount of media attention. This led to a tip that the girl had been transported to New Jersey, which was where the local police eventually found her.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's all about the Messianic age that transforms the world. If I knew by which process it would happen, I would probably be way ahead of the curve here. But I don't.

But there are important things that the Messianic age brings:

- Universal Peace. This means peace everywhere with no wars or conflicts going on anywhere.
-Universal Knowledge of HaShem. This means everybody will know in the same way that people know water is wet. It isn't something anybody will need to be taught, but something that is so obvious you'd have to have a problem to not know it.
- Temple rebuilt. The actual Temple as physically described in Ezekiel.
- Gentiles coming to Jews to be taught. While everybody will have knowledge of HaShem, they will still need to be educated on the finer details.

Through this no only is Israel redeemed but also the entire world.

Of note, "christ" is Latin (I believe) for anointed which is what messiah means. So, you'll never see me and I can't think of any other Jews who would ever call Jesus "christ". I will only ever call him Jesus.

Yes, the Messiah that Jews hoped for back then is, basically, the same as today. Well, the Reform movement has some different ideas but that's a different can of worms.

Herod having children killed is only recorded in one Gospel and I believe it was fabricated so as to align Jesus with Moses. I don't believe it ever actually happened. Josephus would have reported Herod having done this as Josephus hated Herod and loved writing about all the evils he committed.

Hi loammi... I have heard 2 different thoughts ..what do you think?

1 that Jews should observe Torah 613 commandments and Gentiles noachide

2 that there is one Torah for Jews and Gentiles... Torah being only 10 commandments not 613

Also what does it mean when you say Israel and the world will be redeemed.. Redeemed from what ?

And is it true that when messiah comes no gentile will be allowed to convert?...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe it.

First there is no such thing as Christian nations for our kingdom is not of this world every Christian seeks a kingdom in heaven ... And should not seek an earthy one ..make heaven your treasure ... That is where a Christian heart is ..seeking things above

Christian nations is a title they give us....any Christian rising up to attack Israel because they want a kigndom is no Christian at all but a fallen away from the faith

Christians follow Christ .. Christ has not risen up against the Jews .. Neither should we...

If a messiah rises up to attack Israel he will be the antichrist and false messiah

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
1 that Jews should observe Torah 613 commandments and Gentiles noachide
Sounds right.
2 that there is one Torah for Jews and Gentiles... Torah being only 10 commandments not 613
Nope. The Torah is the entire Torah. The 10 Commandments are just the first ten given.
Also what does it mean when you say Israel and the world will be redeemed.. Redeemed from what ?
Bondage for Israel and the world will be lifted up to peace and all that I listed earlier.
And is it true that when messiah comes no gentile will be allowed to convert?...
No idea.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds right.

Nope. The Torah is the entire Torah. The 10 Commandments are just the first ten given.

Bondage for Israel and the world will be lifted up to peace and all that I listed earlier.

No idea.

How is Israel and the world in bondage ? Bondage from whom?

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do Jews live in the land promised to us? No? We're in bondage in some ways then.

So your saying your not free to live out Judaism as you would like too because of the world situation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do Jews live in the land promised to us? No? We're in bondage in some ways then.

I did have a new question for you.. What Is your thoughts about the account in the New Testament of Anninias high priest when he said it's better that one man perish than for a whole nation perish ?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I did have a new question for you.. What Is your thoughts about the account in the New Testament of Anninias high priest when he said it's better that one man perish than for a whole nation perish ?

Well, pragmatically that seems true. But Jews also say that to end one life is like ending the whole world.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, pragmatically that seems true. But Jews also say that to end one life is like ending the whole world.

So what I'm wondering is this ...I'm going to paint you a picture ... Let's just say Jesus was not claiming to be a god ...was just a man ..came preaching the kingdom of hashem .. Miracles happening because hashem was with him ..had a good message of keeping the 2 great commandments ... Did not break any laws..and the people wanted to make him King....basically did not do anything wrong... Ok now why would the high priest wanted him to be sacrificed for the people ? What did he fear the Romans ? Was it something else from a Jewish standpoint?

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
So what I'm wondering is this ...I'm going to paint you a picture ... Let's just say Jesus was not claiming to be a god ...was just a man ..came preaching the kingdom of hashem .. Miracles happening because hashem was with him ..had a good message of keeping the 2 great commandments ... Did not break any laws..and the people wanted to make him King....basically did not do anything wrong... Ok now why would the high priest wanted him to be sacrificed for the people ? What did he fear the Romans ? Was it something else from a Jewish standpoint?

I think the Romans had him killed and the early Christians changed the narrative to make it so the Jews were responsible and the Romans were merely going along with it to avoid a rebellion. They did this for the express reason of converting Romans to a religion that had, at its heart, a person executed by the Roman government in a way that those guilty of sedition were killed.

Upvote 0