✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
How did YHWH become Jehovah ?
Jehovah comes from combining the original name for God YHWH with Adonai (Word used by Jews who didn't want to say God's True name).
(Yah)(YHWH) Yahweh was thought to be to sacred to be spoken out loud. Jews stopped using it as early as 3rd century B.C. Proper name of God.

Adonay- Adonai- Name used by Jews for God. (After 3rd century)

Elohim- Hebrew 430

Upvote 0

Eliyahu52

Jun 19, 2018
Judea
✟20,892.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
1 John 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Bs"d

An excerpt from this page: https://tinyurl.com/Mnt-Zion

And what about I John 5:7? "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one."

Well, this looks like a good verse to prove a trinity, except for the fact that this is a falsification of your Bible. In the original Greek scriptures of the New Testament this text does not exist. This text was added later to the New Testament in a desperate attempt to prove a trinity that cannot be proven. The New Testament has come to us in bits and pieces, a gospel from here, a letter of Paul from there… The first ones who compiled out of this a reliable text of the Greek New Testament, were Westcott and Hort in 1881. In that Greek text I John 5:7 says: "For there are three witness bearers."

That's all.

Followed by verse 8: "The spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are into the one." The whole part about the Father, the word, and the Holy Ghost, and these being one, does not exist in the original Greek text.

The Greek text of the New Testament of Dr. Eberhard Nestle is nowadays considered to be the most reliable Greek text available, and in that text the verses 7 and 8 of I John 5 are exactly the same as in the Greek text of Westcott and Hort. (You don't have to take my word for this, just ask your pastor or reverend, and he will confirm these facts, unless of course, he is outright lying to you.)

There is no such thing as a trinity, not in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament.

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Bs"d

An excerpt from this page: https://tinyurl.com/Mnt-Zion

And what about I John 5:7? "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the word and the Holy Ghost, and these three are one."

Well, this looks like a good verse to prove a trinity, except for the fact that this is a falsification of your Bible. In the original Greek scriptures of the New Testament this text does not exist. This text was added later to the New Testament in a desperate attempt to prove a trinity that cannot be proven. The New Testament has come to us in bits and pieces, a gospel from here, a letter of Paul from there… The first ones who compiled out of this a reliable text of the Greek New Testament, were Westcott and Hort in 1881. In that Greek text I John 5:7 says: "For there are three witness bearers."

That's all.

Followed by verse 8: "The spirit and the water and the blood, and the three are into the one." The whole part about the Father, the word, and the Holy Ghost, and these being one, does not exist in the original Greek text.

The Greek text of the New Testament of Dr. Eberhard Nestle is nowadays considered to be the most reliable Greek text available, and in that text the verses 7 and 8 of I John 5 are exactly the same as in the Greek text of Westcott and Hort. (You don't have to take my word for this, just ask your pastor or reverend, and he will confirm these facts, unless of course, he is outright lying to you.)

There is no such thing as a trinity, not in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament.
Brother,

1. I stand by the KJV translation and the Textus Receptus it was translated from Westcott and Hort's translations is generally flawed in comparison.

2. I'm not sure why you are trying to argue with me brother as I agree that there is no trinity only One God YHWH(YHWH the Father, YHWH the Son, YHWH the Holy spirit) there are not three distinct personalities only one God that exists in different administrations and performs different operations but is still only one God YHWH.

Upvote 0

Eliyahu52

Jun 19, 2018
Judea
✟20,892.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Brother,

1. I stand by the KJV translation and the Textus Receptus it was translated from Westcott and Hort's translations is generally flawed in comparison.
Bs"d

And what about 1 John 5:7? "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

Well, this looks like a great text to proof a trinity, except for the fact that this is a falsification of your Bible. In the original Greek manuscripts of the New Testament this verse doesn't exist.

This text is later added to you Bible, in a desperate attempt to proof a trinity which cannot be proven.

The NT has come to us in bits and pieces. A Gospel from here, the letters of Paul from there... The first ones who compiled of this a reliable text of the NT where Westcott and Hort who did so in 1881.

In that Greek text of the NT is written in 1 John 5:7; "For there are three that testify"

That's all.

Followed by verse 8: "the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one."
The whole part about the Father, the word and the holy spirit, and that those are one, doesn't exist in the original Greek text.
Nowadays the Greek text of dr Eberhard Nestle is the most reliable text of the NT, and in 1 John 5:7+8 it is exactly the same as the text of Westcott and Hort.

You don't have to take my word for it, just ask your pastor or reverend, and he'll confirm these facts.

About 30,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament have been found.

Of those thousands manuscripts that trinity formula is to be found in only four (4) manuscripts, and not one of those four goes back any further than the sixteenth century.

Therefore all Bible scholars agree that it is a 16th century falsification. Some say it was a note in the margin which ended up in the text.

Therefore all modern Bible translations leave out that part that doesn't belong in your Bible. Some translations put it between brackets, and some old ones like the KJV still have it in the text.

Old translations like the KJV are based on the so called "Textus Receptus", and that is based on relatively young and unreliable manuscripts.

The textus receptus of the Greek NT is compiled by Erasmus, and published in 1516.

The interesting part is that the first edition of the Textus Receptus didn't have that trinity formula in 1 John 5:7. When the church asked him why he didn't put in the Comma Johanneum, he answered: "I have never in my life seen a Greek manuscript which contains it."

Then the church showed him one, (the ink probably still wet on it) and in the following editions the comma was included.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus

"Erasmus had been studying Greek New Testament manuscripts for many years, in the Netherlands, France, England and Switzerland, noting their many variants, but had only six Greek manuscripts immediately accessible to him in Basel.[5] They all dated from the 12th Century or later, and only one came from outside the mainstream Byzantine tradition. Consequently, most modern scholars consider his text to be of dubious quality.[7]

With the third edition of Erasmus' Greek text (1522) the Comma Johanneum was included, because "Erasmus chose to avoid any occasion for slander rather than persisting in philological accuracy", even though he remained "convinced that it did not belong to the original text of l John."[8]

Upvote 0

StephenDiscipleofYHWH

Jul 11, 2018
Ransom county
✟69,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Single
Bs"d

And what about 1 John 5:7? "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

Well, this looks like a great text to proof a trinity, except for the fact that this is a falsification of your Bible. In the original Greek manuscripts of the New Testament this verse doesn't exist.

This text is later added to you Bible, in a desperate attempt to proof a trinity which cannot be proven.

The NT has come to us in bits and pieces. A Gospel from here, the letters of Paul from there... The first ones who compiled of this a reliable text of the NT where Westcott and Hort who did so in 1881.

In that Greek text of the NT is written in 1 John 5:7; "For there are three that testify"

That's all.

Followed by verse 8: "the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one."
The whole part about the Father, the word and the holy spirit, and that those are one, doesn't exist in the original Greek text.
Nowadays the Greek text of dr Eberhard Nestle is the most reliable text of the NT, and in 1 John 5:7+8 it is exactly the same as the text of Westcott and Hort.

You don't have to take my word for it, just ask your pastor or reverend, and he'll confirm these facts.

About 30,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament have been found.

Of those thousands manuscripts that trinity formula is to be found in only four (4) manuscripts, and not one of those four goes back any further than the sixteenth century.

Therefore all Bible scholars agree that it is a 16th century falsification. Some say it was a note in the margin which ended up in the text.

Therefore all modern Bible translations leave out that part that doesn't belong in your Bible. Some translations put it between brackets, and some old ones like the KJV still have it in the text.

Old translations like the KJV are based on the so called "Textus Receptus", and that is based on relatively young and unreliable manuscripts.

The textus receptus of the Greek NT is compiled by Erasmus, and published in 1516.

The interesting part is that the first edition of the Textus Receptus didn't have that trinity formula in 1 John 5:7. When the church asked him why he didn't put in the Comma Johanneum, he answered: "I have never in my life seen a Greek manuscript which contains it."

Then the church showed him one, (the ink probably still wet on it) and in the following editions the comma was included.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textus_Receptus

"Erasmus had been studying Greek New Testament manuscripts for many years, in the Netherlands, France, England and Switzerland, noting their many variants, but had only six Greek manuscripts immediately accessible to him in Basel.[5] They all dated from the 12th Century or later, and only one came from outside the mainstream Byzantine tradition. Consequently, most modern scholars consider his text to be of dubious quality.[7]

With the third edition of Erasmus' Greek text (1522) the Comma Johanneum was included, because "Erasmus chose to avoid any occasion for slander rather than persisting in philological accuracy", even though he remained "convinced that it did not belong to the original text of l John."[8]

1. That's your opinion brother, I'm not going to argue as I'm fairly certain you wouldn't accept the truth even if I spent a year telling you the same thing.

2. There is no trinity, there is only one God YHWH, I keep telling you this but you don't seem to want to listen.

Upvote 0