If evolution is true...

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Staff Edit
You can't expect to demonstrate a well-established scientific theory is wrong unless you have a thorough understanding of it. In order to be taken seriously in rejecting evolution, you need either to show how the multiple independent lines of evidence supporting it are wrong, or present a better theory - i.e. one that has greater overall predictive and explanatory power, testability, unification of knowledge, simplicity, and consistency with existing knowledge. Each of these lines now has so much evidence accrued that the likelihood of falsifying or finding a better explanation for any one of them alone seems extremely remote.

To falsify or find better explanations for all would take a miracle - go for it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's quite revealing the disconnect in how he thinks science works that Kenny'sID's example reveals, isn't it?

lol

Yet no details at all proving me wrong. I'm getting the idea that your knowledge of how science works is not exactly up to snuff...actually, same for both of you.

Answer me this, is the so-called fact an animal has evolved, considered an event?

I'd ask for the short answer but I find those that try to talk around the truth to be worthwhile as well, so that's fine but please, no more excuses not to reply.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
lol

Yet no details at all proving me wrong. I'm getting the idea that your knowledge of how science works is not exactly up to snuff...actually, same for both of you.

Answer me this, is the so-called fact an animal has evolved, considered an event?

I'd ask for the short answer but I find those that try to talk around the truth to be worthwhile as well, so that's fine but please, no more excuses not to reply.
"An" animal? It's certainly a fact that speciation has been observed.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't say it's the same level of evidence, but at best it's evidence creation happened, but not how it happened. I look to what the world shows of gods creation, rather them sticking to my own flawed interpetation of the bible. I know I could be wrong about the bible, so I stick with what the science shows.
And, you're never wrong in your interpretation, or in someone else's interpretation, of what the science shows??? Just asking...

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Staff Edit
The evidence of what believers say is God's creation contradicts a literal 6 day creation... As has been discussed many times in these forums, that leaves two possibilities, either the 6 day creation was not intended literally, or the 6 day creation involved a creating a universe that appears ancient, complete with a full historical record of things that never happened...

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Even to what? Do you mean is speciation an event?

Stop it.

The question was clear. Pretty safe to assume you know your reasoning for saying my Twin Towers analogy didn't work was absolutely bogus.

Amazing how non answers/the fear of answering tells it all. :)

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Stop it.

The question was clear. Pretty safe to assume you know your reasoning for saying my Twin Towers analogy didn't work was absolutely bogus.

Amazing how non answers/the fear of answering tells it all. :)
Speciation is an event. Are you satisfied now? Is that clear enough for you or shall I repeat it again? Maybe a bigger type face will help?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well yeah you did, since not everyone believes Christianity but we both think it's true, it must therefore be false by the logic given.

What logic?

You did notice the "If" didn't you? ;)

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't say it's the same level of evidence, but at best it's evidence creation happened, but not how it happened. I look to what the world shows of gods creation, rather them sticking to my own flawed interpetation of the bible. I know I could be wrong about the bible, so I stick with what the science shows.

My deductive reasoning and critical thinking conclude that creation, as described in Genesis, is true. :bow:

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And, you're never wrong in your interpretation, or in someone else's interpretation, of what the science shows??? Just asking...

thats what I rely on the experts for, there is no way to be sure if one interpetation of the bible is correct one way or another, but we can with science and reality.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In science, random merely means unpredictable.

"Predicable by no known algorithm" The Mathematics of Physics and Modern Engineering, Sokolnikov and Redheffer.

There is nothing in the scientific use of the term "random" which makes any statement about cause or purpose, one way or the other.
I will ask you a question.

If we are on board a cruise ship in the middle of the Pacific ocean and you toss two sealed bottles overboard. Then we track the movement of these two bottles over time. We will find that, over time, the two bottles will eventually have two seemingly unpredictable paths. They will be very far apart and influenced by very different wind and current patterns.

Are the two paths that these two bottles travel unpredictable paths?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
how does if change it? Are you saying, "If Christianity is true everyone would believe." doesn't apply? Your logic fails.

One can be a practicing Christian by keeping the law of Christ. How does one practice evolution...grow another leg? ^_^

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I will ask you a question.

If we are on board a cruise ship in the middle of the Pacific ocean and you toss two sealed bottles overboard. Then we track the movement of these two bottles over time. We will find that, over time, the two bottles will eventually have two seemingly unpredictable paths. They will be very far apart and influenced by very different wind and current patterns.

Are the two paths that these two bottles travel unpredictable paths?
Yes.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
One can be a practicing Christian by keeping the law of Christ. How does one practice evolution...grow another leg? ^_^
Impossible, according to the theory of evolution.

• Informative
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,742.00
Faith
Atheist
Staff EditNo, you can't do that in science; All that's necessary is to show beyond reasonable doubt (science has quantifiable levels of confidence for the evidence in such situations) either that every independent line of evidence is flawed or that you have a better explanation for them (by roughly the criteria I gave previously).

Staff Edit
You can reject anything on any grounds you like, but the question was, "What level of expertise on the subject of evolutionary biology qualifies a person to reject it?"

I answered as if it was a serious question - or was it just a rhetorical complaint?

Upvote 0