New York
✟22,562.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
I... I cannot explain this. My extensive knowledge of biological evolution has not prepared me for this question. Prax has, in one fell swoop, totally upended everything I had thought I knew. I cannot comprehend this universal flux! What is to become of my faith in science?

Reactions: Praxiteles
Upvote 0
Bushido216 said:
I... I cannot explain this. My extensive knowledge of biological evolution has not prepared me for this question. Prax has, in one fell swoop, totally upended everything I had thought I knew. I cannot comprehend this universal flux! What is to become of my faith in science?
I feel like such a heel.

Upvote 0
Double_Yolker said:
What a dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb question! I mean really. Maybe if you had evolved a brain, you would of bought the right sized shoes to begin with...:mad:
Well, that's easy for you to say, isn't it? You've obviously already evolved your brain.

My feet obviously cannot survive, since they aren't fit. Or don't fit. One of the two.

Upvote 0

Asimov

Objectivist
Sep 9, 2003
White Rock
✟7,455.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
CA-Others
Praxiteles said:
Well, that's easy for you to say, isn't it? You've obviously already evolved your brain.

My feet obviously cannot survive, since they aren't fit. Or don't fit. One of the two.
You silly goose, Darwin clearly outlined this problem in Chapter 6:

Darwin said:
However, I ponder this question as I look down at my shod feet "Why don't feet evolve to fit the shoes?" I wracked my brain for days, unable to contemplate such an obviously teasing question. Unfortunately, this would plague me for many years.
Then, he answers it in Chapter 7:

Darwin said:
The shoe problem has suddenly occured to me, and I attack it with great vigor!! The reason why our feet don't evovle to fit our shoes is because there is not enough time in the human life for this to happen! Feet needs millions, if not billions of years to adapt perfectly to the shoe environment! Ah, I am such a genius, clearly God does not exist.

Reactions: Praxiteles
Upvote 0
Asimov said:
You silly goose, Darwin clearly outlined this problem in Chapter 6:

Then, he answers it in Chapter 7:

I think you're making this up. Anyway, Darwin decanted on his flowerbed, didn't he?

If my feet need millions of years to evolve they'll never keep up with footwear fashions. And they'll smell bad, too.

Reactions: michabo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praxiteles said:
...why don't my shoes fit properly?
That is just a creationist conspiracy to throw you off track from the truth. But don't worry about it, we can solve your dilemma. Reach way up into the toe of the shoe and remove a big wad of paper that you will find there. They just put that in the shoe for shipping. When you get them home, you can safely remove it without any fear of consequences. In fact, the shoe will fit a lot better now. Give it a try, you maybe be amazed.

Upvote 0
JohnR7 said:
That is just a creationist conspiracy to throw you off track from the truth. But don't worry about it, we can solve your dilemma. Reach way up into the toe of the shoe and remove a big wad of paper that you will find there. They just put that in the shoe for shipping. When you get them home, you can safely remove it without any fear of consequences. In fact, the shoe will fit a lot better now. Give it a try, you maybe be amazed.
Gasp!

I look forward to trying your solution when I get home, John. It sounds ingenious. I daren't take my shoe of here to try, since my Mum tied my laces and I don't know how to do them back up again.

But thanks again!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
HRE said:
I'll have you know that I just spewed a McDonald's Triplethick Chocolate milkshake across my keyboard.
I'm sorry about the concurrent waste of milkshake and keyboard - but the TRUTH must OUT.

And I don't CARE how many TIMES I have to use the caps LOCK key to make everyone see THAT.

Upvote 0