If everyone's saved, what's the point of being a Christian?

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Prodigal Son realised it's hard to soar with the eagles when being stifled by the pigs, der Alte.
Yep! But the overriding fact is Daddy didn't go the foreign country and ἑλκύσω/elkuso', forcibly drag the wayward son kicking and screaming away from the pig sty!

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The gospel is repent because the kingdom is near, so that you can be saved, this theology distorts the gospel saying everyone will be saved, and its a dangerous theology, sure it sounds good everyone can be saved, but people can't make their own gospel.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The gospel is repent because the kingdom is near, so that you can be saved, this theology distorts the gospel saying everyone will be saved, and its a dangerous theology, sure it sounds good everyone can be saved, but people can't make their own gospel.
Neither the Father nor Jesus ever said that all mankind will be saved the righteous and unrighteous alike. Jer 13 God speaking,
Jeremiah 13:11-14
(11) For as the girdle cleaveth to the loins of a man, so have I caused to cleave unto me the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah, saith the LORD; that they might be unto me for a people, and for a name, and for a praise, and for a glory: but they would not hear.
(12) Therefore thou shalt speak unto them this word; Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Every bottle shall be filled with wine: and they shall say unto thee, Do we not certainly know that every bottle shall be filled with wine?
(13) Then shalt thou say unto them, Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will fill all the inhabitants of this land, even the kings that sit upon David's throne, and the priests, and the prophets, and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, with drunkenness.
(14) And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.
Matt 7 Jesus speaking,
Matthew 7:21-23
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Through him, in all things, more than conquerors.
Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yep! But the overriding fact is Daddy didn't go the foreign country and ἑλκύσω/elkuso', forcibly drag the wayward son kicking and screaming away from the pig sty!

Incisive distinction, sir! But neither did everyone leave the ranch with an inheritance saying bye-bye to daddy and big bro.

Still, enough time in the pigsty, just the mention of a job at the ranch up the road should get a fella motivated.

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You seem to be laboring under a common misapprehension that UR says everyone can be saved without believing in Christ. That is not the doctrine. Every enemy will be brought into submission to Christ, once the veils are removed and God's glory is revealed to them. If there is a threat, it is that it is better do it now and enter into life than risk humiliation and regret at a wasted life later on.

Most people are perishing for lack of knowledge, and the 'turn or burn' gospel does nothing to increase knowledge and much to obscure it.

• Winner
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,517.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You seem to be laboring under a common misapprehension that UR says everyone can be saved without believing in Christ. That is not the doctrine. Every enemy will be brought into submission to Christ, once the veils are removed and God's glory is revealed to them. If there is a threat, it is that it is better do it now and enter into life than risk humiliation and regret at a wasted life later on.

Most people are perishing for lack of knowledge, and the 'turn or burn' gospel does nothing to increase knowledge and much to obscure it.

and 'God appointed that everyone will die once and then the judgment'?

Upvote 0

Shrewd Manager

Site Supporter
Aug 16, 2019
Melbourne
✟364,409.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
and 'God appointed that everyone will die once and then the judgment'?

Yes? The first and second resurrections. The first unto life, the second for the dead, and those dead in their sins. Into the lake of fire to be cleansed and restored to life in Christ. 'Behold, I am renewing everything' (Rev 21:5).

• Informative
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0