IDD will be reopened - the posts will be back - but with more moderators and rules

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I have a suggestion which may or may not work, or be acceptable. But just in case, I'm going to throw it out here. I once drafted a plan for a debate forum on another site, and I would like to suggest (if it hasn't been already) that there could be a minimum number of posts and reputation in order to access the IDD here, and then one could request access from the moderators of the board after they have reached the minimium number of posts and reputation.

:)

Upvote 0

Alternate Carpark

Mar 9, 2004
msn
✟4,459.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Having the ideal that the IDD would be a celebration of unity was a big ask don't you think ?

It is assuming that each denom worships the one true God, so of course we will get along fine because we are all filled with grace and love toward each other.

So it didn't turn out the way it was expected and these gracious loving Christians started arguing and abusing each other.
So IDD was unplugged because of what?
Embarrassment, reality didn't match the ideal ?

I reckon the IDD is a wonderful idea, because it shows the sad state of the Christianity community at the moment. And if we are confronted with it then
we are forced to acknowledge it and do something about it.

And if we think like "Oh we must show the world our unity and love and grace and IDD was not showing that so let's remove it so no one will see us like this"

Sadly, regardless of whether IDD is opened or closed, the world already knows about our hypocracy and internal fighting and hatred toward each other.

God never hides a problem and He doesn't want us to hide ours either.
The world looks at Christianity and just shakes it's head in disbelief.
I talk to so many non believers and this is what they think of Christians.
"Ignorant self righteous judgmental hypercrites" who then state that they wouldn't try Christianity if someone paid them a million $.

And the majority of Christians couldn't care less about that because they are too busy defending their version of God's plan for humanity.

God says that we shall have no other god's before Him, that we shall worship only Him and nothing else.
Sadly, the majority of Christians do not worship God but they instead worship their denom, they worship their own beliefs and this is why they angrily defend these beliefs.

But of course these Christians cannot see this, they think they are worshipping God and defending God.
There is not one version of Christianity that has it all together, yet every one is defended at the correct one. Why is this ?

Well you would have to ask everyone that because each individual has their reasons and motives as to why they believe what they believe.

Yet, hmmm God says that His Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL TRUTH.
So I reckon bring back the IDD, I mean at least it will keep the denom worshipers out of the important sections of this forum.
Then everyone is happy.
The people that worship and love God can get on with the task of showing God to the world and the people that worship and love their denom can get on with arguing and hating everyone in the other denoms.

And then hopefully the world will see the huge difference between God and man's religion and the harvest will increase.

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Alternate Carpark said:
Having the ideal that the IDD would be a celebration of unity was a big ask don't you think ?

It is assuming that each denom worships the one true God, so of course we will get along fine because we are all filled with grace and love toward each other.

So it didn't turn out the way it was expected and these gracious loving Christians started arguing and abusing each other.
So IDD was unplugged because of what?
Embarrassment, reality didn't match the ideal ?

I reckon the IDD is a wonderful idea, because it shows the sad state of the Christianity community at the moment. And if we are confronted with it then
we are forced to acknowledge it and do something about it.

And if we think like "Oh we must show the world our unity and love and grace and IDD was not showing that so let's remove it so no one will see us like this"

Sadly, regardless of whether IDD is opened or closed, the world already knows about our hypocracy and internal fighting and hatred toward each other.

God never hides a problem and He doesn't want us to hide ours either.
The world looks at Christianity and just shakes it's head in disbelief.
I talk to so many non believers and this is what they think of Christians.
"Ignorant self righteous judgmental hypercrites" who then state that they wouldn't try Christianity if someone paid them a million $.

And the majority of Christians couldn't care less about that because they are too busy defending their version of God's plan for humanity.

God says that we shall have no other god's before Him, that we shall worship only Him and nothing else.
Sadly, the majority of Christians do not worship God but they instead worship their denom, they worship their own beliefs and this is why they angrily defend these beliefs.

But of course these Christians cannot see this, they think they are worshipping God and defending God.
There is not one version of Christianity that has it all together, yet every one is defended at the correct one. Why is this ?

Well you would have to ask everyone that because each individual has their reasons and motives as to why they believe what they believe.

Yet, hmmm God says that His Holy Spirit will lead us into ALL TRUTH.
So I reckon bring back the IDD, I mean at least it will keep the denom worshipers out of the important sections of this forum.
Then everyone is happy.
The people that worship and love God can get on with the task of showing God to the world and the people that worship and love their denom can get on with arguing and hating everyone in the other denoms.

And then hopefully the world will see the huge difference between God and man's religion and the harvest will increase.
I do agree with most of what you say.

However, the issue here is not only that IDD gives a bad testimony to non-believers - it is also damaging to relationships between different Christians, at least from experience.

The Protestant vs Catholic issue has been with CF since we started - we have always been the only online forums that have an equal amount of members from both sides - most sides are either pro-Protestant or pro-Catholic.

In any case, the staff did have a long discussion about this, and in the end, both Catholic, Protestant as well as staff from other churches all agreed almost unanimously that IDD should remain shut for the moment.

Upvote 0

Alternate Carpark

Mar 9, 2004
msn
✟4,459.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
ej said:
How do you know about IDD when you registered only yesterday? :scratch:
Well...I came across CF yesterday While I was searching for another forum to interact in, and I was so impressed with the diversity of peoples and topics that I HAD to register.
Once again, A big thumbs up to all who developed this site.

In answer to your question ej.....well...um,
Luke 11:9 Ask and you'll get;Seek and you'll find;Knock and the door will open.

I wanted to know about IDD so I sought, and I found.

Erwin, in no way was my post an attack on the decision to close IDD.
I was just giving my opinion and I appreciate your maturity for not being offended by anything I said.
I have read some of your posts and I can see your maturity through them.
I must say that it was brave of you to start the IDD and also brave of you to close it, concidering the sad long history of this problem.

Joyfully respect your decision on this matter, as it must have been a tough call to make.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums