✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SweetBella said:
i don't live in idaho but i have visited boise and all i can say is that its the best kept secret... i fell in love with that city!

Shh, we want to keep it that way.
attachment.php

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have lived in Idaho all together around 42 or 43 years. We were in the military when I was a kid and my husband and I were in for 6 years. This last time I have been here for 29 years. Wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

Upvote 0

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Boise sure has been getting more people lately. We need to not tell everyone how great it is here. The streets are getting congested with too many cars, and it seems that crime has also increased lately.

Did anyone see the Boise River, from wherever you are? It might overflow by tomorrow or the next day.

Ann

Upvote 0

HisJavajunkie

Aug 8, 2003
Idaho, USA
Visit site
✟21,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Boise River sure is running....I can't believe how full it is now. I mean that is good for the farmers but not for us city people. Least, that is my take on it. How does it look where you are -everyone?

As far as the Boise River goes, who all watched the Boise River Festival? who was involved? Who misses it?

I watched the Boise River Festival a few times and two years held on to those floating displays. One was Popeye, I think. The other I can't remember exactly what it was. They were both fun to display and walk with. I can't even begin to try to come up with their size. I will just say HUGE! :)

Upvote 0

Spudgrandma

Grandma Blessed with 7
Mar 8, 2004
Idaho
✟49,287.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
HisJavajunkie said:
The Boise River sure is running....I can't believe how full it is now. I mean that is good for the farmers but not for us city people. Least, that is my take on it. How does it look where you are -everyone?

As far as the Boise River goes, who all watched the Boise River Festival? who was involved? Who misses it?

I watched the Boise River Festival a few times and two years held on to those floating displays. One was Popeye, I think. The other I can't remember exactly what it was. They were both fun to display and walk with. I can't even begin to try to come up with their size. I will just say HUGE! :)
Hi HisJavajunkie, A sensitive farmer's wife and farmer's mother here. You may think it is not good for you, but farmers put food on your table and, as for the water, we need the rain and the snow to recharge the aquifer so we have drinking water. We cannot necessarily judge what is going on by what is happening right in our backyard, as there are so many things that affect us that we cannot see.

Okay, stepping off of my soapbox now.
attachment.php
I just hear these kind of remarks so often and I never say anything and just felt led to do so this morning.

BTW, the desert is green and beautiful from all the rain, the creeks and the Snake are running high but that is a good thing. Maybe we are finally out of this drought.

God Bless and have a wonderful day.

PS- I hope this doesn't sound angry (because it sure is not meant that way), I just wanted to set the record somewhat straight.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hey Spud Lady,

Did you see the news reports? Canada, Mexico and Japan have closed their doors to the taters from here?

Java Guy,

Yes, I miss the Boise River Festivals. I was only here for 2 of them before they stopped. They ran out of money.

The river's to flood even more tomorrow. Went to the Greenbelt today, in Boise for a walk, and in Garden City at a few locations just to look. Yeah, it's pretty full, all right.

Ann

Upvote 0

HisJavajunkie

Aug 8, 2003
Idaho, USA
Visit site
✟21,988.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ann Doupont said:
Hey Spud Lady,

Did you see the news reports? Canada, Mexico and Japan have closed their doors to the taters from here?

Java Guy,

Yes, I miss the Boise River Festivals. I was only here for 2 of them before they stopped. They ran out of money.

The river's to flood even more tomorrow. Went to the Greenbelt today, in Boise for a walk, and in Garden City at a few locations just to look. Yeah, it's pretty full, all right.

Ann

Yeah Ann, I did see that about our Spuds being stopped over there. That is a bummer isn't it? Hopefully, it will be opened up soon. :)

They say that rain is coming again this week and there is a flood watch here in my area actually. Greenbelt is definitely still full to the brim! And the area near us is serious contemplating it. :( So please pray for that.

Enjoy the sun as it stays around. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.