Perth
✟7,754.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Homeless need the church to stop referring them off to government run services that do nothing and stop accepting government money to run a compromised service.. and to stop employing secular people to do the work that that the church should have been doing all along, when it is given government funds to provide a service.. because those secular people are setting up blocks and barriers that stop people getting help..
Homeless people need others to stop judging them.. and stop thinking that a good a career and a successful life equates to righteousness in a person..
Anyone can end up homeless, any body!
Food is great, blankets are great, clothing is great, but the homeless just get left on the street still and cant move forward because who can get a job when they don't even have a place to shower and rest their head.. and when the services aren't doing what they are supposed to be doing!..
Church should be setting up "adopt a homeless person" networks to help these people properly...

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
We need more specific information about the homeless.

How many actually want the help offered.
How many are homeless by choice.
How many can't be helped.
How many are moving from homelessness, in real time.
And, are there better solutions than those offered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jay1082

Dec 21, 2021
Perth
✟7,754.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
I can't answer those questions, but I have seen a lot of women of all ages suffering who like me it seems are not able to get help and are not choosing it..
A lot don't trust the systems who provide the help because they judge and abuse them further

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The situation isn't as bleak as generally thought. Most 'homeless' have a pretty good safety net under them; family, friends, churches, and many tax funded social services. Most living on the streets are the mentally ill, alcoholics, and drug addicted.

Upvote 0

jay1082

Dec 21, 2021
Perth
✟7,754.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
Absolutely not and I feel that you may be intentionally winding me up!
Go and look at the post on psychiatric system prior to this, that system is steeped in atrocities of atrocities of abuse of abused people.. it's origins lie in nazi Germany, it is Not the solution !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jay1082

Dec 21, 2021
Perth
✟7,754.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Separated
I am sorry but you are wrong and you don't understand the situation at all.
I am telling you from experience.. if you don't have that, don't make assumptions, learn from those in experience..
The situation isn't as bleak as generally thought. Most 'homeless' have a pretty good safety net under them; family, friends, churches, and many tax funded social services. Most living on the streets are the mentally ill, alcoholics, and drug addicted.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am sorry but you are wrong and you don't understand the situation at all.
I am telling you from experience.. if you don't have that, don't make assumptions, learn from those in experience..

The mentally ill and those addicted are a subgroup of the homeless whose problems are more or less intractable.

My experience is in solving problems. Sadly, those in charge of the homeless problem seem to have little problem solving experience. What is needed to get things done is,

Authority
Resources
Experience
Motivation

All must be present in order to solve problems. Many people of good will have the experience and motivation, but lack the authority and resources.

Upvote 0

onceEMT

Oct 30, 2021
Florida
✟22,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Churches should do more for the homeless. We should provide a place to take a shower, and lay down at night. They need to hear the Word. They must receive prayer
My church once adopted a homeless man. A different person drove him to NA meetings every night. He stole my $500 watch, and the guitar of another person.
We finally got him into a residential treatment program where he received services the church was not set up to provide.
I agree with you. We need to toss out the secular influences, and do what we should have been doing all along.

Upvote 0